Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Don't own yet - RCI question (by NoOneYouKnow):

maryp514 wrote:
Now, I want to enjoy my fixed income retirement and thought about RCI' Last call deals.

I look at Extra Vacations and Last Calls almost every day, because I like to keep informed the three couples who have Five Year Guest Passes under our RCI subscription. I/we have done around 200 RCI weeks, but the last 24 have been for our Guest Pass holders, none for us.

1. I can tell you what you can likely get, where, and for how much (most of the weeks our Guest Pass Holders get are $239-$299). There are "sales" every week, and often Extra Vacations are just as inexpensive as Last Calls. In one recent "sale" they had beaucoup $239 Extra Vacations for up until next May, six months out. For the next year there are "3173 resorts for your search." The most recent Extra Vacation booked by one of our Guest Pass holders was booked last week, for a week in May, for $239, a one bedroom at a Gold Crown (they normally get a 2 Bedroom, but they "settled" this time).

2. I would suggest that you see if you could renew your expired RCI subscription, and then use it just for Extra Vacations and Last Calls.

3. If you can't renew your RCI subscription, I would suggest you get a Five Year Guest Pass through a current RCI subscriber, for $179. Or, get an RCI subscriber to reserve stuff for you, and pay the Guest Certificate fee.

5. I don't understand what you are saying when you say RCI told you what you could get when they don't even know what you don't own yet!

5. I would not place any confidence in anything anyone that answers the phone at RCI tells you. (30 years of experience speaking)(No one who answers the phone there has 30 years experience.)