RCI points

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: RCI points (by KC):

mike1536 states:

>>While I agree that this practice is not very ethical, I'm not sure if RCI is the only "culprit" in this game. This is similar to resales of Marriott weeks losing any "reward points" that was part of the original purchase from a developer. If I'm not mistaken, people who but resales of Sunterra resorts also have to pay extra to "rejoin" the Sun Options program.<< =======================================

Hi Mike: I am nearly always "at the ready" to bash RCI for its' assorted foibles and follies, but in the particular instance which I've cited RCI is essentially without guilt. What I've described is purely a scheme drummed up on site by the salesman / broker for the two (adjoining) resorts involved. The resort salesman on site is "RCI authorized" to deal in RCI points, but the repetitive conversion fee scheme is, as nearly as I can determine, solely and exclusively the "brainchild" of the resort salesman / broker / RCI points rep (and maybe chief cook and bottlewasher too, I'm not sure). I whack RCI plenty for its various goofy, expensive and unfair practices, but I must be fair and clarify that THIS particular scheme is NOT actually of RCI's own making or execution (and I've not personally seen it anywhere else besides these two resorts).