Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Golf Destination Club? (by Mike N.):

jims398 wrote:
Has anyone heard of the Markers Club. They are apparently a high end golf destination club, but I am looking for anyone who might have experience with them before I think to seriously about dealing with them. They are a bit pricey but I figured this would be a good place to look for someone that might have dealt with them. Any info you might have on them would be great.

I am also curious as to what the difference between a destination club and a timeshare is. Does anyone have a good answer for this one?

Thanks

=============== Basically you are buying a lifetime membership into an exclusive Vacation Club. Unlike a timeshare, you do not own any tangible piece of property. "A bit pricey" is an understatement considering the initial membership is almost $300,000, with annual dues of over $16,000/year. Info on the internet state membership will be limited to 325. Alledgely, the initial fee is partially refundable and, even though it is a non-equity club, in the event of a sale a portion of the sale price is returned to the members. Other Destination Clubs are also popping up. American Express was recently promoting one via their website with memberships approaching $500,000. It's probably a legitimate offer, but with a limited membership, one wonders have long the Club will be around. Good Luck and Hit 'em straight (or at least less curvy).