Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Half Time Show (by Phil L.):

jayjay wrote:
phill12 wrote:
To be fair to the show because of the rain they closed the roof.

This cause the show to cut back with all the fireworks that would have helped the excitement.

Because of this the show became a older group just being on stage singing!

Lets face it that there isn't that much out there right now that all age groups likes so they try and bring back the past groups that seem to fit most ages.

Could be, but I didn't even know any songs by Tom Petty/BKers until they sang 'I'm Free'. That's the only song I was familiar with. There are lots of more familiar/popular groups from back then that could have put on a better performance. Actually Tom Petty sounded off key to me when he sang.

I was very disappointed and was expecting much more from a Super Bowl performance.

I don't know what the roof is made of but to not be able to do fireworks inside a little scary if the roof would catch fire.

Lets face it all these people we knew are getting older and not singing very well.

My wife and I took daughter to Garth Brooks concert in Sacramento Ca years ago and it was great. His TV special couple weeks ago was so bad because he was over weight and couldn't carry a tune.

I thought it was just me so I taped it for my wife and she said he was terrible and couldn't care a tune anylonger.

Guess we all are getting old!