Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: Club Navigo is a rip off (by Karen K.):

sandrah295 wrote:
We were told by the reservation department at Island One that we could not book a vacation because club navigo has not paid for the membership renewal.

Dear Sandra,

I am the Vice President of Club Navigo Operations and I would like to express my regret that you have been experiencing difficulties booking reservations. While I do not have the specifics of your account, I think I may understand the situation based on your complaint.

My guess is that you purchased a timeshare from the Grand Seas Resort in Daytona Beach, Florida, and with that purchase you received a membership in Club Navigo. Every year, you receive an invoice from your home resort, the Grand Seas Resort, for your annual maintenance, taxes and Club Navigo dues assessments. The Grand Seas Resort then remits the Club Navigo dues back to us and your membership is renewed. After the Grand Seas Resort filed bankruptcy in 2009, they have not remitted the Club Navigo dues that you paid to Club Navigo to renew your membership. The situation is a little like the stories you hear in the news where renters are paying their landlords but the landlord doesn't pay the mortgage so the renter is evicted. In this case, eviction is not the end result but your membership in Club Navigo is not renewed. This is a very unfortunate situation for owners.

On a positive note, there are a couple of things you can do. First, if you wish to return to your home resort, you can contact them directly and they should book a reservation for you. You own at the resort, after all, and you have paid your annual assessments, I assume. Therefore, you are entitled to a reservation at your resort. Second, if you wish to utilize your Club Navigo membership benefits (e.g., making a reservation at other Club Navigo resorts, using Interval International to make an exchange, etc.), we are working with individual members to make that happen. I would be happy to assist you if you would like to contact me directly.

Again, I regret that you have had an unfortunate experience recently but welcome the opportunity to help you make the most of your Club Navigo membership.

Best regards, Karen Kraftchick VP Club Navigo Operations

karen.kraftchick@clubnavigo.com