Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Re: A Place to file complaint/s about Montecristo Estates (by Lewis B.):

Dirk, maybe my statement above was too harsh as I have never met you but only read what others who have met you have said. However, if you use the same tactics that the salesperson that sold us a "bill of goods" use then my statement stands. We paid $86,000 cash for a villa only to have it taken from us for not being able to pay the maintenance fee which turned out to be over double what we were told. We were told that anytime we didn't want to use the unit we could put it up for rent and Montecristo Estates would rent it for us and give us 60% of whatever they got for rent and the minimum rent would be $1200-1600 a night. When asked how you could offer this we were told that since the salespeople were 30-40% successful in getting people that stayed there to buy it was a cheap way to get people into the villas even if they didn't pay as much as we were being paid by Montecristo Estates. We were told that anytime we wanted to sell that our unit would be sold by the sales staff and it would be sold at a priority. We were also told the golf course would begin construction in 2007 and we were even given a certificate for discounted golf. However, we later found out that since it was not signed by two qualified people it wouldn't be valid even if the course were ever built. Is this the way a quality resort needs to be sold?