Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.

Original Message:

Basic rental question (by Robert G.):

I'm looking into renting a property on RedWeek for the first time, and I have some basic questions.

Once I find the property I'm looking for in the desired date range, it looks like there are 2 options. Some are "verified properties," where I can immediately pay via credit card, and the others say something to the effect of "contact owners." Are the verified properties more trusted, or is it something the owners have set up to allow for immediate booking? I'm asking because there are more "contact owner" properties than there are verified ones.

Also, once I complete a reservation, sign the contract, etc., how does check-in work? For example, would I goto the Marriott front desk and check in like I normally would for a standard reservation?

Sorry for the silly questions, but I'll be traveling alone to Hawaii with my boys, and I want to make sure everything is completely buttoned down before we get there.

Thank you!!