Closed
General Discussion

Global Resort Network?

Feb 14, 2007

Does anyone know about GRN? Is this affilated with RCI What is it, it looks like a scam. Is RCI selling deposited weeks to GRN? From the web sites it looks like the big resorts are getting on board. Are timeshare owners getting screwed again

Robert G.
Apr 26, 2007

Global Resort Network is an MLM (multiple level marketing) scheme. It's just another venue for selling resort vacations via marketing (selling) teams. You can read more about MLMs here:

http://www.vandruff.com/mlm.html

I doubt that RCI is involved as MLMs (and their franchises) would be in direct competition to RCI selling weeks and points.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Apr 26, 2007 05:52 AM

Jun 02, 2007

They are not an MLM "scheme" like the other person posted, and they do not offer timeshares.

Is there anything else you'd like to know about them?

Cheers,

Kim Ward 877.878.4059

redbird wrote:
Does anyone know about GRN? Is this affilated with RCI What is it, it looks like a scam. Is RCI selling deposited weeks to GRN? From the web sites it looks like the big resorts are getting on board. Are timeshare owners getting screwed again

Kim W.

Last edited by kimw190 on Sep 14, 2008 06:59 PM

Jun 02, 2007

Then enlighten us as to what GRN actually is. Exactly what do they offer if not timeshare vacations? Everything I've read on the subject states it's an MLM system.

kimw190 wrote:
I am a member of GRN. They are not an MLM company like the other person posted, and they do not offer timeshares.

Cheers,

Kim

R P.
Jun 02, 2007

Global Resorts Network is the marketing Arm of a travel company that has been in business for over 20 years. They are a legitimate business that is providing access to luxury accommodations worldwide under their membership program. The weekly stays cost anywhere from $298.00 to $699.00 per week. These are the same properties that people buy as a timeshare, but instead of paying a large sum to own the week plus annual maintenance fees, we pay a one time lifetime membership fee and only pay for the weeks as we use them. If you do the math you will see that Global Resorts Network (GRN) can be a much better deal than a timeshare. The added benefit is that you can make this into a home based travel business if you want to. We have members that are selling memberships while they use the benefits of their own membership. Travel and support your travel at the same time!

David K.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jun 03, 2007 08:24 PM

Jun 02, 2007

Hi Jay,

I see David already replied to your question.

I edited to show the difference between scheme and company, and to reference this article here:

http://www.jobbankusa.com/CareerArticles/HomeBusiness/ca71103a.html

Kim

jayjay wrote:
Then enlighten us as to what GRN actually is. Exactly what do they offer if not timeshare vacations? Everything I've read on the subject states it's an MLM system.

kimw190 wrote:
I am a member of GRN. They are not an MLM company like the other person posted, and they do not offer timeshares.

Cheers,

Kim

Kim W.

Last edited by kimw190 on Dec 01, 2007 09:56 AM

Jun 03, 2007

http://www.mmdnewswire.com/as-globl-resorts-network-sweeps-country-mny-wder-wher-business-opp-is-rel-del-1378.html

GRN is multi-level marketing, period. The word team tells all.

R P.
Jun 03, 2007

Actually Jay, it is not. I know of many teams out there that have nothing to do with MLM. Baseball team comes to mind. :)

What I meant though, it is not really your typical MLM pay plan, ours is a perpetual leverage plan, and yes, it can pay on multi levels when sales move up.

That part of the pay plan would be considered MLM, but I was focusing on the "MLM scheme" point mentioned.

This may help as well: Career Article

Anyway, they are a good company that provides a good service, as well as other companies like the one over at Resorts360

Have a great night.

Kim

Kim W.

Last edited by kimw190 on Jun 17, 2009 05:01 PM

Jun 03, 2007

I agree with Kim. They are a good company and they are providing a good service. Just because it doesn't fall into your comfort zone with timeshares doesn't mean it is a bad company. I personally am glad I bought my membership vice buying a timeshare week.

Prior to GRN marketing this membership online it was sold in presentations very much like the high pressure timeshare presentations and for about 3 times the amount it's being sold for now.

David K.
Jun 04, 2007

They get their inventory from the leftovers from RCI, something we all get to see as timeshare owners in Extra Vacations and Last Call. The RCI inventory could dry up at any time, which will be comical, because owning a membership in air can be a disappointment.

The cost is high to get involved. I would rather pay my resorts' low maintenance fees year after year and get the exchanges I want, rather than to rent the leftover stuff.

Sun or Snow T.
Jun 04, 2007

Hi Cynthia,

That is false information, could you please edit your post instead of leaving it with inaccurate info.

I really do not see how one could say it was high though, compared to timeshare fees, not to mention maintenance fees.

We have people very excited to get this as consumers.

Cheers,

Kim

Kim W.
Jun 04, 2007

Timeshare owners do not pay maintenance fees at all for bonus and Last Call weeks.

I will not take back my post, as I know it is true.

You can get the same deals on skyauction.com and not pay any kind of membership. The prices are really great, too. That is also an RCI site.

A membership without a deed is a membership in air.

Sun or Snow T.

Last edited by sunorsnowtimeshare on Jun 04, 2007 09:01 PM

Jun 05, 2007

You'll want to verify this (of course) but the way I understand it is that GRN is offering a multi decade old membership.

Many organizations offer it and GRN is just one of them. It's been reported by them that they alone hold the exclusive rights to offer the membership online, through referral marketing.

Cheers,

Kim

Kim W.

Last edited by kimw190 on Apr 17, 2009 06:06 AM

Jun 05, 2007

Hi Cynthia,

I looked at skyauction.com

Our main feature in GRN is offering 4-5 star luxury resorts, not hotels.

RCI does not have much info on it's site, but we do not deal in points or bother with trading of timeshares.

Our members can get a 4-5 star resort for an entire week, for as low as $298.00 for the family, and not more than $699.00

We have thousands of luxury resorts worldwide to choose from as well.

Hope that helps,

Kim Ward

Kim W.

Last edited by kimw190 on Oct 29, 2008 11:21 AM

Jun 05, 2007

kimw190 wrote:
Hi Cynthia,

I looked at skyauction.com

Are main feature in GRN is offering 4-5 star luxury resorts, not hotels.

RCI does not have much info on it's site, but we do not deal in points or bother with trading of timeshares.

Our members can get a 4-5 star resort for an entire week, for as low as $298.00 for the family, and not more than $699.00

We have thousands of luxury resorts worldwide to choose from as well.

Hope that helps,

Kim

We can rent weeks from RCI for even less and those weeks don't require us to use any points or exchanges.

Sun or Snow T.
Jun 10, 2007

That's fine Cynthia, if you are happy using that service, that is great! It's all about choice, and I am not here to convince you on it,

Have a wonderful weekend,

Kim Ward

TimeShareBible.com

Kim W.

Last edited by kimw190 on Dec 31, 2009 01:07 PM

Jun 10, 2007

Kim, you shouldn't be trying to convince anyone of buying into your mult-level marketing company. If you don't own anything in that system, with deeds and the like, then the inventory comes from somewhere and could disappear at any time.

Multi-level marketing schemes are always in danger of the product running out, as more sign up. We will see how long this lasts, but I doubt you will be happy when there are so many members that no vacations are available.

Owning a timeshare that trades well and is deeded is a guarantee of value. This website is about timeshare, not vacation club marketing schemes.

Sun or Snow T.
Jun 10, 2007

Cynthia, the company that GRN partnered with has been in business for 21 years. They do not have the issue's you are writing about.

Again, I am not here to convince you or anyone for that matter, I just do not like to see inaccurate information posted online about a company I work with.

Again, it ls not MLM "scheme", but that really does not matter, and saying that MLM's are in danger of product running out is about the oddest thing I have heard online yet, and do not know how to respond to that. :)

Again, have a great weekend,

Kim Ward

Kim W.

Last edited by kimw190 on Dec 01, 2007 09:57 AM

Jun 11, 2007

kimw190 wrote:
Cynthia, the company that GRN partnered with has been in business for 21 years. They do not have the issue's you are writing about.

Again, I am not here to convince you or anyone for that matter, I just do not like to see inaccurate information posted online about a company I work with.

Again, it ls not MLM, but that really does not matter, and saying that MLM's are in danger of product running out is about the oddest thing I have heard online yet, and do not know how to respond to that. :)

Again, have a great weekend,

Kim

Kim,

Do you guys offer cruises too? And, (in reference to Cynthia's concern) how does GRN guarantee the lifetime membership? Who will honor it if something happens in the future (worst case scenario)?

Ivy T.
Jun 11, 2007

Yes, we do offer cruises as well.

The company that GRN partnered with honors all memberships, so if something did happened to GRN, one would still be a member with that company.

We do have a live webinar tonight, if you would like to take a look at everything they offer, right online. I can send it to you via email if you like.

Kim

Kim,

Do you guys offer cruises too? And, (in reference to Cynthia's concern) how does GRN guarantee the lifetime membership? Who will honor it if something happens in the future (worst case scenario)?

Kim W.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jun 11, 2007 08:32 PM

This thread is closed. Try searching for a topic or browse our list of forums to join the discussion.