Feb 19, 2007

I have a question for everyone: What's the difference between RCI and Interval International? Which is better to belong to?

Thanks, Pam

Pamela T.
Feb 20, 2007

RCI has more inventory than II, but I had more luck getting the exchanges we wanted with II.

Also you can search before you deposit at II where you can't with RCI. Be aware that your resort has to be affiliated with II before you can join. You don't have to even be a timeshare owner to join RCI.

[golfer47]I have a question for everyone: What's the difference between RCI and Interval International? Which is better to belong to? Thanks, Pam

R P.
Feb 20, 2007

Is there a problem belonging to both clubs?

Thanks, Golfer47

Pamela T.
Feb 21, 2007

There is no problem belonging to both exchange companies. We belonged to both RCI and II when we owned 9 timeshare weeks. We are still members of RCI and take advantage of their Last Call and Extra Vacations.

pgolfer47 wrote:
Is there a problem belonging to both clubs?Thanks, Golfer47

R P.
Aug 12, 2007

I belong to both II and RCI and a couple of the smaller independents. RCI seems to be more engaged in renting out the spacebank inventory (even thru Travel Agents). There is a yearly membership fee for II and RCI- so belonging to both will be more expensive. Others, such as DAE have free memberships.

Henny P.
Aug 12, 2007

hennyp wrote:
I belong to both II and RCI and a couple of the smaller independents. RCI seems to be more engaged in renting out the spacebank inventory (even thru Travel Agents). There is a yearly membership fee for II and RCI- so belonging to both will be more expensive. Others, such as DAE have free memberships.
========

Not all RCI inventory comes from weeks deposited by members for exchanges into other resort weeks. Some weeks are exchanged toward cruises and such, so they can be rented or disposed of in some other way. Some resorts give RCI a certain amount of their inventory to secure visitors who might buy there.

Fairfield/Wyndham has what they call the PIC program in which I can give them one of my non-Fairfield weeks and get Fairfield points for that year. (Still own the other resort for other years.) I once asked what became of these odd weeks and was told they go direct to RCI. Again, since I was taking nothing out of RCI, these weeks could be offered for rent. Technically, these are not "Spacebank inventory." They may well be some of those mysterious "prime weeks" people complain about not getting with exchanges but seeing on the RCI rentals! MD

Mary D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.