Aug 13, 2009

Tracey, Did you check out that Sandals has all your paper work and every thing is A Ok, you are aware that sandals has age restriction of no one under age 16 allowed,Beaches there sister resort is voted year afther year as one of the caribbean best family resort, just thought I would let you know as I see you mention your 3 yr. cant waite to get back to Jamaica

Howard

Howard B.
Sep 23, 2009

Is Sandals Grande in Ocho Rios now for Couples only? I stayed there years ago when it was Ciboney and really liked it. My girlfriend and I are planning on going to Jamaica November 28 through December 11, 2009 and would like to stay there. If not two weeks, the week of November 28-December 5, 2009.

Ann T.
Sep 23, 2009

Sandals markets and sells rooms "for couples in love". The timeshare portion has no such restrictions but each bedroom only has one bed. It's fairly couple oriented but I think it would a fun place regardless.

Tracey S.
Sep 23, 2009

I am still working on getting my paperwork straightened out. They sent the paperwork by DHL while I was away for 2 weeks on another trip and I called DHL when I returned and they didn't know where it was because they tried to send it back when I didn't respond to the stickey note and then it got lost in transport and Sandals didn't want to send me additional copies of the the cert. DHL finally found it and I faxed and mailed the originals. Aparently it had been bouncing back and forth between Baltimore and Washington. I think I am mostly settled. I know I won't be bringing the little ones with me to this timeshare. I bought it for adult R&R only. Even when my children turn 16 I don't think Sandals is the kind of resort they would enjoy. For now they like the slides. My husband and I walked to the Beaches and Beaches Sandy Bay when we were in Negril. They look beautiful but are a little out of our price range when we travel with the family. We usually stay at Pebbles or Starfish Trelawny and get two rooms.

Tracey

Tracey S.
Sep 24, 2009

Hello Tracey, Glad to here you got your paper work, and have forward to the resort, But hey Sandals is as tame as Pebbles,heck, I think i say more tongs on the little beach at Pebbles than at Sandals Ochie,no for real sandals is tame,but you will see afther a couple trips but I love it and the food is soooo good, Ya Mon, will see yu there, let me know when you will be making your first trip

Ann84 If you are staying at the Hotel part of sandals, I think the Sandals Dunns river is more suited for Girlfriends, way nicer beach and more actativies for singles, but if you are staying in the timeshares at Sandals Grande Sport,they are two bedroom villas with lock off the full one bedroom side gets the living room and kitchen with a pull out sofa in living area, or a cot.the pool is share with the Studio side,any questions about Jamaica, or sandals just ask away, ya mon I was born there

Howard B.
Jun 05, 2012

Hello. I am looking for a honeymoon spot. Is the listing for the Grande Riviera for the villas or for the hotel? With each villa, is there a room, living room, and kitchen? Are the villas included with your own pool?

Carissa S.
Jun 05, 2012

The Villas are on the hillside, each villa has its own private pool, they are two bedroom and a couple three bedrooms, the kitchen was removed as Sandals is All Inclusive, there is a living room with small fridge and small fridge in master bedroom along with wet bar, (were the kitchen was) they are the timeshares, and what the listing are for for a honeymoon recommendeded the butler service, they will stock you fridges with whatever you like 24/7 the hotel is on the beach side, its one property with restaurantsnts,shuttle to and from the beach every 15 min. Note: there are rentals for one half of the villas,so if you rent half there will be some one in the other half,so you will be sharing the pool, but both half privatevite

Howard B.
Jun 05, 2012

And what would we need to pay for bulter service and to make it all inclusive? Are there any excursions that we could go on? And what would the rate be for Dec 1-Dec8? Is the bathroom and room what is shown in the pictures? Would you recommend this place for a honeymoon? Are there any units available in which we could have our own pool? Sorry for all the questions! Just want to make sure we know what we are looking at! Thank you for your speedy response!

Carissa S.
Jun 07, 2012

I have never use Butler Service,so cant say what they charge, All Inclusive is mandatory, for time share owners or if you rent from an owner its $830 per couple, that includes pick up and drop off to and from airport, all you can eat and drink 24/7 , including 8 gourmet restaurants, top shelf liquor non motorize beach toys, to get your own private pool you will have to find an owner will to rent you there villa the time you want to be there,look in redweek rental, and contact any owner offering there time for rent, most are floating weeks, so if resort villas are not full they can get the time you want, Any Sandals on Any Caribbean island is great for honeymoon,Thats one of Sandals specialty, go to: www. Sandals.com click on riveria Grande Ocho Rios Jamaica, and you can chat on line with a sandals rep. and get all your answers, as for cost, its open to what an owner wants, but if you rent from sandals it will be about 3 times or more of what an owner rents for

Howard B.
Nov 14, 2012

i am thinking about owning at sandals and would love more information

Bernadette M.
Nov 14, 2012

Sandals does not sell Timeshare, they took over Ciboney a timeshare years ago, and has been slowly buying from owners that wants to sell, you will there fore have to find a sandals owner that wants to sell, warning prices is about what most owners bought for,and Sandals has Right of first refusal

Good luck Howard

Howard B.
Feb 09, 2013

Love it

Elzie B.
May 05, 2016

I also went recently to panama city beach resort and really enjoyed a lot amazing resort visual impact in a relaxing atmosphere, spend some time in our whirlpool spa, or at poolside cafe

Jack S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.