Point Systems

Floating time

Jun 07, 2007

I'm new and do not know what "Floating" means when I look at properties I am interested in buying. Is "floating" a smart way to go or not?

Theresa M.
Jun 19, 2007

theresam76 wrote:
I'm new and do not know what "Floating" means when I look at properties I am interested in buying. Is "floating" a smart way to go or not?

With all due respect, you need to learn a LOT more about timeshare before even *thinking* about buying. Short answer to your question is that "floating" means "varies" (you are not guaranteed the same week every year). Having a guaranteed same week each year is referred to as a "fixed" week ownership.

With "floating" weeks (also sometimes called "flex" weeks) you next need to ask very specifically if any restrictions exist on reserving a "floating" week at the particular resort. For example, at many places in Florida, you CANNOT reserve a "floating" week during most (or even all) of the winter months. Presumably, that would not be something you'd enjoy discovering AFTER your purchase...... Surprise!!!

Read, research and learn lots more before you even *think* about buying. It's a whole lot easier to BUY than it is to SELL, so please do some homework FIRST. Good luck.

P.S. You may not have received any reply to your inquiry sooner than this because your inquiring post is in the "points" forum --- but your question really has nothing at all to do with points.....

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jun 19, 2007 04:13 AM

Jun 19, 2007

theresam76 wrote:

Please go to our Help area of our website for our Timeshare Glossary which will define some of the terms of timesharing. There are other places in our Help area that will be of benefit to you as well.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Jun 20, 2007

marty8084 wrote:
theresam76 wrote:

Please go to our Help area of our website for our Timeshare Glossary which will define some of the terms of timesharing. There are other places in our Help area that will be of benefit to you as well.

Thanks, Marty

I completely overlooked making that good suggestion, Marty --- so Thanks! for doing so.

KC
Jun 20, 2007

theresam76 wrote:

The problem with owning a floating week is if the resort is very popular or the time period you woud want to reserve is very popular you have to reserve your week many months in advance with the resort or the management company.

We used to own a floating week and we reserved our week a year in advance.

If you travel off season (non red) you probably would not have any trouble getting what you wanted with much shorter notice.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.