Point Systems

839 redweeks point

Aug 22, 2007

can any one help me out i was offered 839 redweek points for my exchange, is there some place i can look too see where that might get me? thanks

Richard K.
Aug 22, 2007

richardk180 wrote:
can any one help me out i was offered 839 redweek points for my exchange, is there some place i can look too see where that might get me? thanks
========= Go to the Timeshare Exchange tab; under Find Your Exchange, select a region (or all regions). Anything that is available and is NOT provisional will list the point ranges available. Select a resort link and it will list the point values for all the available exchanges for that resort.

Mike N.
Aug 23, 2007

You can go here to look for deposited weeks.

http://www.redweek.com/exchange/browse?path=%2F&show=exchanges&submit=Go

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Aug 23, 2007 07:43 AM

Sep 04, 2007

If I own several resorts and deposit them with the redweek points system, do I then accumulate a points pot?

Chris F.

Last edited by chris460 on Sep 04, 2007 10:06 PM

Sep 06, 2007

chris460 wrote:
If I own several resorts and deposit them with the redweek points system, do I then accumulate a points pot?

Yes, Chris, you can deposit several weeks to accumulate points. You have three years from date of deposit to use your points.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Sep 06, 2007

marty8084 wrote:
chris460 wrote:

Yes, Chris, you can deposit several weeks to accumulate points. You have three years from date of deposit to use your points.

Thanks, Marty

What form of documentation do I receive if I deposit my week and exchange to another resort, and what is the responsibility of Redweek if the resort fails to honour this exchange?

Chris F.
Sep 06, 2007

chris460 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
chris460 wrote:

Thanks, Marty

What form of documentation do I receive if I deposit my week and exchange to another resort, and what is the responsibility of Redweek if the resort fails to honour this exchange?

When you pay the exchange fee and complete a reservation, you will receive a receipt from us with the details of what was included in your cart. You also get a reservation confirmation e-mail which comes directly from DAE as a text e-mail with a PDF attachment. DAE is our partner company and they check out everything before this goes through. They handle the reservation with the resort and make sure everything is correct and ready to go.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Sep 06, 2007

marty8084 wrote:
chris460 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
chris460 wrote:

Thanks, Marty

When you pay the exchange fee and complete a reservation, you will receive a receipt from us with the details of what was included in your cart. You also get a reservation confirmation e-mail which comes directly from DAE as a text e-mail with a PDF attachment. DAE is our partner company and they check out everything before this goes through. They handle the reservation with the resort and make sure everything is correct and ready to go.

Thanks, Marty

That all sounds well and good Marty but I called my resort and they will not act on anything from Redweek or Dae or Blah Blah Blah because they do not have a written agreement with Redweek as they have with RCI, only my written confirmation that I have given my week to you.

Chris F.

Last edited by chris460 on Sep 06, 2007 06:44 PM

Sep 07, 2007

chris460 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
chris460 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
chris460 wrote:

Thanks, Marty

Thanks, Marty

That all sounds well and good Marty but I called my resort and they will not act on anything from Redweek or Dae or Blah Blah Blah because they do not have a written agreement with Redweek as they have with RCI, only my written confirmation that I have given my week to you.

We believe resorts that tell their owners this are misinformed. We have heard many cases where owners have been told this, but we have been able to successfully process an exchange. If you can give us the name of your resort, we can check into whether we've ever had a problem.

Thanks Marty

Marty F
Sep 08, 2007

marty8084 wrote:
chris460 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
chris460 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
chris460 wrote:

Thanks, Marty

Thanks, Marty

We believe resorts that tell their owners this are misinformed. We have heard many cases where owners have been told this, but we have been able to successfully process an exchange. If you can give us the name of your resort, we can check into whether we've ever had a problem.

Thanks Marty

Deerhurst, Huntsville, Ont. Canada

Chris F.
Sep 09, 2007

chris460 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
chris460 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
chris460 wrote:
marty8084 wrote:
chris460 wrote:

Thanks, Marty

Thanks, Marty

Thanks Marty

Deerhurst, Huntsville, Ont. Canada

Hi Chris,

We already have exchanges for this resort so the resort is misinformed. http://www.redweek.com/resort/P2185#exchanges They probably don't know RedWeek like they know DAE. If you would like to make a deposit, we will let you know if any problems arise.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Sep 14, 2007

How many time can we have our week be evaluated by Redweek.? How can I find out when would be the highest point for my week before I reserve with my resort? What does "provisional only" mean? If I don't have enough point to exchange for the resort that I want to go, what can I do?

Kimy N.
Sep 14, 2007

kimyn wrote:
How many time can we have our week be evaluated by Redweek.? How can I find out when would be the highest point for my week before I reserve with my resort? What does "provisional only" mean? If I don't have enough point to exchange for the resort that I want to go, what can I do?

Hi Kim,

We would recommend calling your resort to find out which of the best weeks are available to you, then submitting free valuation requests to see which week would receive the highest RedWeek Exchange Points value. You will have our offers within 24 hours, and can then choose which week to reserve with your resort.

Provisional weeks are when an owner does a valuation request with us, we include a checkbox that allows them to tell us: "I have this week reserved and would consider depositing if a suitable exchange can be found on RedWeek.com."

We list these weeks as provisional offerings, since there is the potential that we can find the owner what they're looking for, and receive their week as a deposit in exchange.

If you have at least 50% of the points required, you can simply pay the difference - currently just $1 per point. All options available to you will be shown on the exchange week page.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions. There is an exchange guide that you might check also at https://www.redweek.com/help/exchange-member-guide/.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.