General Discussion

Ft. Myers beach

Aug 23, 2007

I am looking for a 2 bedroom unit in Ft. Myers beach for March 08. (on the beach) Does anyone have any suggestions as to places to stay that are not party houses? Sanibel or Sarasota would also be fine.

Michael K.
Aug 23, 2007

michaelk91 wrote:
I am looking for a 2 bedroom unit in Ft. Myers beach for March 08. (on the beach) Does anyone have any suggestions as to places to stay that are not party houses? Sanibel or Sarasota would also be fine.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

March is certainly "prime time" for Fort Myers Beach (and everywhere else in SW FL, for that matter), so you are likely going to have more than a little difficulty finding a "2BR unit, on the beach" there at that time. If you do find it, have your checkbook ready........and that goes double for more "upscale" Sanibel.

Although there are a fair number of college kids using Mom & Dad's (or grandparents') timeshare facilities during Spring Break at FMB, rental prices are PLENTY high enough that there are few (if any) "party houses" here per se. The college kids confine their "presence" (admittedly a sometimes noisy, drunken and annoying presence) almost exclusively to a small handful of "joints" situated right in and around Times Square (at least at night). Times Square is at the "northern" end of Estero Island / Fort Myers Beach. If you want peace and quiet at night, then you definitely want to be more toward the southern end of Estero Island ---where no such "joints" exist. That would be addresses numbered about # 3500 and higher on Estero Blvd. Again, however, you are going to have a lot of difficulty finding a 2BR unit "on the beach" here in the prime time frame you've identified.

Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 23, 2007 04:38 PM

Aug 23, 2007

ken1193 wrote:
michaelk91 wrote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

March is certainly "prime time" for Fort Myers Beach (and everywhere else in SW FL, for that matter), so you are likely going to have more than a little difficulty finding a "2BR unit, on the beach" there at that time. If you do find it, have your checkbook ready........and that goes double for more "upscale" Sanibel.

Although there are a fair number of college kids using Mom & Dad's timeshare facilities during Spring Break at FMB, rental prices are high enough that there are few (if any) "party houses" here per se. The college kids confine their "presence" almost exclusively to a handful of joints in and around Times Square (at least at night). Times Square is at the "northern" end of Estero Island. If you want peace and quiet at night, you want to be more toward the southern end of Estero Island. That would be addresses numbered about 3500 and higher Estero Blvd. Again, however, you are going to have a great deal of difficulty finding a 2BR unit "on the beach" here in the prime time period which you've identified.

Good luck.

Thank you for the info, especially where to go for peace and quiet. I may have to check Ft. Myers itself. My main reason for going is to hopefully see some Red Sox spring training games. Thanks again

Michael K.
Aug 24, 2007

Re: >> Thank you for the info, especially where to go for peace and quiet. I may have to check Ft. Myers itself. My main reason for going is to hopefully see some Red Sox spring training games. Thanks again << ======================================

You're very welcome. Truth to tell, if your primary objective is to see the Red Sox (and not be right at the beach), you'll have much better success (and much less cost) being off FMB and closer to Fort Myers itself. Not to mention that getting on and off FMB by car is just simply a nightmare virtually anytime "in season".

While I have no personal experience (or any affiliation whatsoever) with the facility; a place called Lehigh Resort Club located in Lehigh Acres always seems to have timeshare space for sale or rent or exchange. Their phone number, according to the RCI directory, is (239) 368-2022 if you chose to contact them. As far as being in Fort Myers itself goes, choose carefully. While there are certainly some nice parts, much of the city is, well, ..... "a whole lot less than nice".

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Aug 24, 2007 04:46 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.