General Discussion

Convert Floating Week to Marriott Reward Points

Dec 13, 2007

Does anyone know if it's possible to convert a floating week of a MVCI Package purchased from a Reseller, to Marriott Rewards Points?

Angelina Y.
Dec 13, 2007

Probably not. When the original owner bought from the developer (or from a Marriott rep) he received the Rewards Points as one of the perks, but it is has no value when it comes to resale.

This will probably be confirmed or denied by one of the "resident" Marriott experts (i.e. Eric).

Mike N.
Dec 13, 2007

mike1536 wrote:
Probably not. When the original owner bought from the developer (or from a Marriott rep) he received the Rewards Points as one of the perks, but it is has no value when it comes to resale.

This will probably be confirmed or denied by one of the "resident" Marriott experts (i.e. Eric).

Thank you for your response. My other question is, would I be able to trade my week for a different Marriott resort. Would have been a plus to be able to convert unused weeks to Marriott Reward Points for use at hotels.

Angelina Y.

Last edited by angelinay on Dec 13, 2007 12:42 PM

Dec 13, 2007

angelinay wrote:
mike1536 wrote:

Thank you for your response. My other question is, would I be able to trade my week for a different Marriott resort. Would have been a plus to be able to convert unused weeks to Marriott Reward Points for use at hotels.

=========== Angelina, since I am not a Marriott owner, I really can't answer your exchange question. Eventually a Marriott-savvy person will respond, but in the meantime, contact a Marriott Vacation Club rep. He/she should be able to answer exchange questions. Also check out the Marriott forum on TUG (www.tugbbs.com/forums). Scroll down about half way for resort specific forums. Good Luck Mike

Mike N.
Dec 13, 2007

angelinay wrote:
mike1536 wrote:

Angelinay,

To convert to Rewards Points you must purchase from Marriott.

Conversion of your floating week to Marriott Rewards Points is an incidental benefit of purchasing directly from Marriott Vacation Club. Yes, it certainly is a plus to be able to convert villa for the Marriott Rewards for hotel and airmiles packages.

Of course you can still exchange your week via Interval to another Marriott Vacation Club resort or any II affiliated resort.

Mike,

You were too kind to defer to my "expertise". You were right. I also just try to be accurate and careful to answer correctly.

Regards, Eric

Eric F.

Last edited by ericf55 on Dec 13, 2007 08:19 PM

Jan 16, 2008

angelinay wrote:
Does anyone know if it's possible to convert a floating week of a MVCI Package purchased from a Reseller, to Marriott Rewards Points?
I believe the answer is no. In my opinion, even if you could swap for points it's not a good idea . The points value you receive does not reflect a fair trade. I traded my 2 bed 2 bath villa for points 3 out of 6 years (because I couldn't get the exchanges I wanted), only to find the points value would only get me a 1 bed hotel room for 7 nights (if I was lucky). Now they've introduced a new anytime points system (like air miles) and you need double points at many Marriot catagory 6 hotels for a weeks stay.

Roland

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.