Dec 20, 2007

Hello

I own Villa 13 for the first 2 weeks in June, I was hoping someone would have an update on the golf courses. Any information would be nice. Thanks in advance.

carlos

Carlos S.
Jan 05, 2008

carloss27 wrote:
Hello

I own Villa 13 for the first 2 weeks in June, I was hoping someone would have an update on the golf courses. Any information would be nice. Thanks in advance.

carlos

We are currently at Montecristo and just attended a sales presentation in which we were told that the two golf courses are supposed to be ready within 18 months. They are to be started within the next 60 days. We still have no clubhouse at Montecristo and are being told that that will be another year.

Ellis Gedney

Sarah G
Jan 07, 2008

Ellis

Thank you for the update.

carlos

Carlos S.
Jan 11, 2008

ellisg wrote:
carloss27 wrote:
Hello

carlos

We are currently at Montecristo and just attended a sales presentation in which we were told that the two golf courses are supposed to be ready within 18 months. They are to be started within the next 60 days. We still have no clubhouse at Montecristo and are being told that that will be another year.

Ellis Gedney

Ellis and Carlos, I don't want to sound pessimistic, but when I bought into Villa #65 in Aug 07, they said one of the golf courses would be complete by the end of 08. Now they're saying 18 months from Jan 08...I'm loosing confidence in their timing estimates. Realistically, I think 2-3 years before one is complete. Hope I'm wrong. Tony

Tony S.
Jan 11, 2008

Well when we purchased we were told that monies had been freed up to start the courses at that time(3 plus years ago).

Carlos S.
Apr 10, 2008

Just browsing redweek and saw the comments about golf at Montecristo. Pueblo Bonito time share salesmen have been promising a golf course at the Sunset/Montecristo resort for 8 years - so don't hold your breath. I visited recently and was told candidly that it was a matter of money when and if any golf course would appear. If you bought for golf you may be disappointed.

John E.
Apr 15, 2008

Ellis,

We were in Villa #1 from December 1-16, 2007. There was alot of grading going on between the owners house and Pacifica.

Could you tell if this was this for the ocean front homes or the golf course?

Andy

Andy T.

Last edited by andyt30 on Apr 15, 2008 07:02 PM

May 26, 2008

deleted

Jeffrey W.

Last edited by ericdavid83 on Jun 02, 2008 08:46 AM

Jan 14, 2009

I just got back from MC. It looks like they have started construction on the ritz carlton and nothing else. My guess is they are going to focus on selling the building lots as fast as possible because real estate values are still very strong down there.

Brandon B.
Jan 14, 2009

We are here now in Villa #3 and were told that the first golf course will be ready for use by the end of this year. This was stated by a member of the sales force when we met to receive an update in mid December. Additionally, they have finally started on the clubhouse for Montecristo as well as the pool and tennis courts. There is a supermarket currently being built down the hill at the turn towards the lobby of Pueblo Bonito.

Sarah G
Jan 15, 2009

A little off topic, but would someone let me know where you check in for the Villas? Is it in the lobby of Sunset beach or somewhere else?

Lisa G.
Jan 15, 2009

come directly in to Montecristo Estates. The check in office is right around the corner from the entrance. However, it may be moving slightly up the hill temporarily to make room for the new pool and club house which is being built on the same premises as the concierge office. There will be directions.

No need to go to PBSB to check in any more.

Sarah G
Feb 09, 2009

ellisg wrote:
carloss27 wrote:
Hello

carlos

Ellis Gedney

Jay C.
Feb 14, 2009

Carlos and others: I own villa 16 May 1-16, we have stayed every year since purchasing 2005 and really enjoy our trips to Cabo.

I just wanted to note that there was a half page ad in the Wall street Journal on Feb 4 promoting the Ritz Carlton, the Nicklaus course and the Quivara residential project. Hopefully we'll see some progress other than grading between M/C and Pacifica by the time we go in May.

Not much but there is a sign of hope. I'm not really in a hurry to play golf in Cabo until they (all courses in general) fall out of love with their green fees. In May the typical course averages $200.00. No wonder most courses are empty when you drive by.

Russ W.
Dec 09, 2009

I don't know how much of this is true but I asked a friend, who does work on all of the Nicklaus designed course in the US and Mexico, to ask about the course just north of Montecristo Estates. What he was told was that they had done a lot of design work 3-4 years ago but they haven't been involved with this course since then. So, I don't know if this just means Nicklaus is not involved with the design anymore or if the course design has been shelved.

David L.
Dec 09, 2009

If you go to Nicklaus.com/design/cabopacifica/ they give an update there saying that the course will open in 2011. I believe they are currently working on it and Quivira sent pictures of Jack there in Aug or Sep of '09. I would think Jack and Ernesto might be a little strapped for cash.

Jay C.
Dec 10, 2009

I checked out the Nicklaus link Jayc and I think it said the course was scheduled to open in the spring of 2010. Do you really think that is going to happen? And the Quivira website is still mentioning 2 golf courses. Also, I don't think Jack is strapped for cash. Even if he was I wouldn't think that will affect the construction of the course. His only expense is paying his help.

David L.
Dec 10, 2009

I am going to be in Cabo the first of Feb and will check out the progress. My understanding is that Jack traded building the golf course, more than labor, for the lots on the other side of the light house. He is weaving the holes through his lots. Like most other rumors regarding Montecristo I am not 100% on this, the sales guy at Quiviera gave this scoop.

Jay C.
Feb 01, 2010

Does anyone have proof yet that the golf course's are being built? We are considering buying a resale MC but would like the latest info on the club house and golf course. Does anyone know if the grocery store for the Susnet is finished? thank you

Kathi L.
Feb 01, 2010

I have owed my unit for several years now and we are at the top of the hill in a perfect location. Who knows about the club house... completion date is always changing. In reality, I am not sure if it really makes a difference. I feel the same about the Golf course unless you love to play golf. It will probably be several years before it is done and probably will not be what we expect. Montecristo has done a horrible job managing expectations when it comes to these items. On the other hand, I love the property. We own the month of August. I trade it all of the time through the Registry Collection and it has been great. Forget the rental market. What month are you looking at purchasing? Maybe I can give you more insight about the property or what it is like to be an owner.

Jason S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.