Montecristo Estates by Pueblo Bonito

What To Do With Our Villa?

Apr 23, 2008

Hello. My boyfriend and I purchased Villa #64 for July 16-31 each year beginning 2009 and we are beginning to get very disheartened. Like many others we were promised that third party financing would shortly become available, that renting the place would be a breeze, that by using our "unlimited use" of the Registry Collection (which we are not even entirely sure what that means now after receiving the materials!) we would be able to easily book vacations to Greece for $75/night, etc. We were also told that there were no points, nothing to "bank" to a registry, etc. and we are now so confused and have no idea what we are doing.

We have tried contacting Dirk to no avail, the same with the actual resort. We do love the villa, but are very unsure of how to handle it and are beginning to think that we should sell it, but don't know how to do that either!

If there is anyone out there that could provide some guidance or answer questions for us it would be SO GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

Brian and Brianne

Brianne R.
Apr 27, 2008

We have owned unit #12 for several years now. I can tell you that exchanging through The Registry Collection is great if you find a place that you want to go. It costs $250 for an exchange. We have done it several times and the other properties that we have gone to have been on par with Montecristo. Renting is probably a different story. We have waited to try and rent out due to all of the construction. I think long term this will be great for you but you probably will have to be patient. Definitely check out the Registry! If I can answer any other questions of yours, please let me know. I believe I have a pretty good handle on the situation. I am curious as to what the units are going for at this time and is the property deeded or how long is your right to use. It would be great if you could let me know.

Thanks, Jason

Jason S.
May 15, 2008

jasons48 wrote:
We have owned unit #12 for several years now. I can tell you that exchanging through The Registry Collection is great if you find a place that you want to go. It costs $250 for an exchange. We have done it several times and the other properties that we have gone to have been on par with Montecristo. Renting is probably a different story. We have waited to try and rent out due to all of the construction. I think long term this will be great for you but you probably will have to be patient. Definitely check out the Registry! If I can answer any other questions of yours, please let me know. I believe I have a pretty good handle on the situation. I am curious as to what the units are going for at this time and is the property deeded or how long is your right to use. It would be great if you could let me know.

Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason, We also own Villa 12; the first 2 weeks in May. When do you own? I am interested in contacting other Villa 12 owners for concerns, questions, etc.

Thank you, Dianne

Dianne M.

Last edited by marty8084 on May 16, 2008 02:09 PM

May 26, 2008

I am in the process of considering a purchase of one of the existing villas for the 1st 2 week in November. We got a free trip to Pueblo Bonito Pacifica and went on one of those sales pitches. We looved the villas (despite the unctuousness of the salesman)We didn't buy while we are there but I have spent the subsequent weeks looking into this possibility.They are asking approx 96,000. They are currently selling these as "deeded" properties. Since Americans can't own property on the coast of Mexico, they are using a fideicomiso which is an irrevocable trust where the bank holds the title and we are the beneficiaries. We have a perpetual interest in the property. From reviewing this website and others, it appears there is a market for renting or selling. I dont think, however that one should buy these villas with an eye toward making a big profit because there are so many total units for sale; but i think you can rest assured that you could sell in the future and get some return on your money. I have researched the developer and he is highly regarded. So I have researched all aspects of this to death but have not yet decided to pull the trigger and sign the papers. I too would welcom a dialog with other owners.

Jeffrey W.
Jun 01, 2008

We have been trying to sell our villa since Feb...we own the first two weeks and love the resort but are in a season of life (two young children and another on the way) that we just feel we wouldn't use this as much as we would like. Has anyone had any luck selling their villa? If so any suggestions would be great!

Casey and Luke

Casey Y.
Jun 01, 2008

dmagliulo wrote:
jasons48 wrote:

Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason, We also own Villa 12; the first 2 weeks in May. When do you own? I am interested in contacting other Villa 12 owners for concerns, questions, etc.

Thank you, Dianne

We own the month of August. The only think I am wondering is about the property being deeded over to me for that month vs the 50 year lease type. Have you heard anything about a change over? Thanks, Jason

Jason S.
Jun 02, 2008

jasons48 wrote:
dmagliulo wrote:
jasons48 wrote:

Thanks, Jason

Thank you, Dianne

We own the month of August. The only think I am wondering is about the property being deeded over to me for that month vs the 50 year lease type. Have you heard anything about a change over? Thanks, Jason

They are only deeding new sales through an irrevocable trust called a fideicomiso, not pre eexisting ownership (ie 50 yr rt to use). They have not decide if they will allow you to "upgrade" at a later time.

I just bought on the resale market for a great price. I had been dealing with a Montecrissto salesman about a possible "new" purchase agt an inflated price. He promised if I did not buy he'd return my $500 deposit. When I did not buy he welched. Fortunately I have written proof of his agreement. Please do yourself a favor and buy on the resale mkt and not thru Montecrtisto's salesemen. Now that I am an owner, I would love to keep in contact with other owners.

Jeffrey W.
Nov 24, 2008

I own at Montecristo as well. I've owned for a few years now. It is a very nice property. It will be even better when the golf course is started and completed. The question to ask your sales person is whether or not the property is "real estate". What I found out is that even if you own as "Right To Use" the sales office will refer to this as being deeded.

Sandy B.
Jan 13, 2009

dmagliulo wrote:
jasons48 wrote:

Thanks, Jason

Thank you, Dianne

Brandon B.
Jan 13, 2009

We own in the first 2 weeks of january in unit 12, I would be open to trading time in that villa. Its a great unit! Out of curiousity, what did you pay in the resale market?

Brandon B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.