May 28, 2008

Anyone know about this Villa particularly the views from the decks and its privacy? Thanks

Jeffrey W.
Jun 01, 2008

this unit is above our unit...we have Villa 49. Our view is great, we have an amazing view of the ocean, the whale watching and will be able to see the golf course when it is finished. We only have one other villa to our left and then it goes up the hill to other villas on our right, however, the way they have built these particular villas (at least on this street) the privacy never seems to be an issue. We are in the process of trying to sell our unit but only because we are finding that our "season" of life is not lending itself to visiting this resort every year :-). Otherwise the resort and villas are amazing!

Luke and Casey

Casey Y.
Jun 02, 2008

caseyy4 wrote:
this unit is above our unit...we have Villa 49. Our view is great, we have an amazing view of the ocean, the whale watching and will be able to see the golf course when it is finished. We only have one other villa to our left and then it goes up the hill to other villas on our right, however, the way they have built these particular villas (at least on this street) the privacy never seems to be an issue. We are in the process of trying to sell our unit but only because we are finding that our "season" of life is not lending itself to visiting this resort every year :-). Otherwise the resort and villas are amazing!

Luke and Casey

Thanks for the reply. I wish you luck in your atempts to sell. My only advice (from someone who just bought one fairly cheap in the resale purchase mkt) is "be patient" we saw the constyuctionon the golfcourse (s?) when we were in Cabo three weeks ago and it is well under way (as is the Ritz) when the construction is complete or close to it, the prices should rise, especially since the developer is charging top dollar, and the salesmen are unctuous.

Jeffrey W.
Jun 02, 2008

ericdavid83 wrote:
caseyy4 wrote:

Luke and Casey

Thanks for the reply. I wish you luck in your atempts to sell. My only advice (from someone who just bought one fairly cheap in the resale purchase mkt) is "be patient" we saw the constyuctionon the golfcourse (s?) when we were in Cabo three weeks ago and it is well under way (as is the Ritz) when the construction is complete or close to it, the prices should rise, especially since the developer is charging top dollar, and the salesmen are unctuous.

Thank you for your reply! Can I ask what you bought your unit for? We really want to sell ours and knowing what a buyer will pay is alot different than what the sales guys might be telling us to list it for...We would like to get back what we bought it for but are willing to negotiate thats for sure! also can you let me know who you bought through....that would be a good place for us to be listing with :-) Thank so much in advance for any info you can offer! Congrats on your purchase and it's great to know that the golf course is actually getting put in!!!

Casey

Casey Y.
Jun 03, 2008

caseyy4

ericdavid83 wrote:
caseyy4 wrote:

Luke and Casey

Thank you for your reply! Can I ask what you bought your unit for? We really want to sell ours and knowing what a buyer will pay is alot different than what the sales guys might be telling us to list it for...We would like to get back what we bought it for but are willing to negotiate thats for sure! also can you let me know who you bought through....that would be a good place for us to be listing with :-) Thank so much in advance for any info you can offer! Congrats on your purchase and it's great to know that the golf course is actually getting put in!!!

Casey[/

Jeffrey W.
Jun 03, 2008

ericdavid83 caseyy4

ericdavid83 wrote:
caseyy4 wrote:

Luke and Casey

Casey[/[/Q] 50K thru timesharesonly.com (for 2 wks in November)

Jeffrey W.
Jun 14, 2008

ericdavid83 wrote:
Anyone know about this Villa particularly the views from the decks and its privacy? Thanks
I own Villa 15 wihich is 3 doors down and the view is incredible. My unit is for sale as well and I have the first half of June evey year.

Don C.
Jul 13, 2008

ericdavid83 wrote:
caseyy4 wrote:

Luke and Casey

Robert P.
Jul 15, 2008

ericdavid83 wrote:

We are in Villa 16 which is at the same elevation as 14 and 15. Villa 17, 18 and 19 are about 10 feet lower than ours, therefore, #17, 18 pools are somewhat visible from our decks, and a little less private than 16. Your view of the (proposed) golf course will be great, since you are west of us, as is the golf course. You will be very pleased with the view and the resort. We stayed in the presidential suites at the resort during a hurricane last year and I can tell you: Montecristo is so much better and private than the resort. Remember to tip the maid daily (we do $5) and hide your mascara in the safe! Steve

Steve M.
Jul 15, 2008

Hello Casey,

Can you please tell me what price you are selling your Villa for? Also, is it deeded? And what week or weeks (how many), or is it floating? I may be interested, as I am also looking for a good resale price.

Thanks, Margo

caseyy4 wrote:
ericdavid83 wrote:
caseyy4 wrote:

Luke and Casey

Casey

Margo K.
Jul 17, 2008

Hi Margo,

We currently have our unit listed for $125,000 and the current units are selling for $158-160,000. However, we are looking at all reasonable offers. It is deeded for "life" (100 years), and it is the first two weeks of February. We have it listed with a company in Cabo and it is listed on Red Week so we hope to sell it soon! Please let me know if you are interested we would encourage an offer.

Thank you,

Casey

margok6 wrote:
Hello Casey,

Can you please tell me what price you are selling your Villa for? Also, is it deeded? And what week or weeks (how many), or is it floating? I may be interested, as I am also looking for a good resale price.

Thanks, Margo

caseyy4 wrote:
ericdavid83 wrote:
caseyy4 wrote:

Luke and Casey

Casey

Casey Y.
Jul 23, 2008

caseyy4 wrote:
Hi Margo,

We currently have our unit listed for $125,000 and the current units are selling for $158-160,000. However, we are looking at all reasonable offers. It is deeded for "life" (100 years), and it is the first two weeks of February. We have it listed with a company in Cabo and it is listed on Red Week so we hope to sell it soon! Please let me know if you are interested we would encourage an offer.

Thank you,

Casey

margok6 wrote:
Hello Casey,

Thanks, Margo

caseyy4 wrote:
ericdavid83 wrote:
caseyy4 wrote:

Luke and Casey

Casey

Casey,

I am thinking of selling...if you get the answer to how much the buye paid...and from where they bought their unit, will you please let me know? Thanks and good luck with your sale....

Ann

Ann F.
Jul 24, 2008

Hi Margo,

Thank you,

Casey

margok6 wrote:
Hello Casey,

Thanks, Margo

caseyy4 wrote:
ericdavid83 wrote:
caseyy4 wrote:

Luke and Casey

Casey

Casey Y.
Jul 24, 2008

Hi Ann,

This was a while ago that I got his response but I think he bought one for $75,000 but that was in June which is not the "high" season and I believe his was only deeded for 50 years....so depending on what weeks and what the other details are would probably change the sale price. Hope this is helpful. Let me know if you end up selling, it's alwasy good to know what the market is doing and being that it's timeshares and in another country :-) it's hard to keep up on it. Good luck!!

Casey

annf21 wrote:
caseyy4 wrote:
Hi Margo,

Thank you,

Casey

margok6 wrote:
Hello Casey,

Thanks, Margo

caseyy4 wrote:
ericdavid83 wrote:
caseyy4 wrote:

Luke and Casey

Casey

Casey,

I am thinking of selling...if you get the answer to how much the buye paid...and from where they bought their unit, will you please let me know? Thanks and good luck with your sale....

Ann

Casey Y.
Jul 31, 2008

margok6 wrote:
Hello Casey,

Thanks, Margo

caseyy4 wrote:
ericdavid83 wrote:
caseyy4 wrote:

Luke and Casey

Casey

Josephine T.
Jul 31, 2008

We got carried away by the sales agent. This our first investment and my husband is so positive that the price will increase after the completion of the constructions golf, RitzCarlton etc... We just bought villa 109 for Aug 16-31/ even years only for $45,000 if paid in cash by Sept 2008 or $50,000.00 through their financing 12% interst over ten years.We made a deposit of $9800 through BOA mc that they open for us and nonrefundable just in case we withdraw. I am now debating to go on with this purchase or loose my Deposit. I can't hardly sleep. They say I can only resell if paid in full. WE don't have that money, I am planning to apply for home Equity laon if ever I will cash it. We love the place, but I am not sure if this is right for us esp with the money involve.

Josephine T.
Jul 31, 2008

ericdavid83 wrote:

I responded 2 weeks ago about the views. I was mistaken about which villa was which. I believe Villa 18 is at the end of the street with only one neighbor to the west and at the same elevation as 18. When we purchased 16, we almost chose 18 instead. We walked the sites prior to construction and decided that the closeness of the mountain to the east of 18 would limit the view from 18. 16 is further from the mountain and, therefore has a slightly wider view. Our second year in 16 surprised us with a giant "Hacienda" being built right in front of Villa 18 which made us very glad we did not choose it. The hacienda was planned the whole time, but somehow during negotiations with the developer, the Hacienda purchaser (a friend of the developer?) got them to build it on a huge platform raising it 20 or 30 feet higher than the little diarama model depicts it in the room across from the sales office. The Hacienda is beautiful, but I prefer the ocean view. Villa 18 pool and deck privacy is probably one of the best in the community.

Steve

Steve M.
Aug 04, 2008

stevem357 wrote:
ericdavid83 wrote:

I responded 2 weeks ago about the views. I was mistaken about which villa was which. I believe Villa 18 is at the end of the street with only one neighbor to the west and at the same elevation as 18. When we purchased 16, we almost chose 18 instead. We walked the sites prior to construction and decided that the closeness of the mountain to the east of 18 would limit the view from 18. 16 is further from the mountain and, therefore has a slightly wider view. Our second year in 16 surprised us with a giant "Hacienda" being built right in front of Villa 18 which made us very glad we did not choose it. The hacienda was planned the whole time, but somehow during negotiations with the developer, the Hacienda purchaser (a friend of the developer?) got them to build it on a huge platform raising it 20 or 30 feet higher than the little diarama model depicts it in the room across from the sales office. The Hacienda is beautiful, but I prefer the ocean view. Villa 18 pool and deck privacy is probably one of the best in the community.

Steve

Thanks Steve. We are going to our villa 18 for the ist time in November. CAn you recommena nearby golf course and a place for scuba diving?

Jeffrey W.
Aug 04, 2008

ericdavid83 wrote:
stevem357 wrote:
ericdavid83 wrote:

Steve

Thanks Steve. We are going to our villa 18 for the ist time in November. CAn you recommena nearby golf course and a place for scuba diving?

Eric, cannot help with scuba or golf info. The snorkeling boat "Pez Gato" has mediocre snorkeling but the staff is friendly and the food is good. The boat ride is fun. The sunset cruise is worthwhile and you can usually get a free one by doing a timeshare presentation. By the way: We schedule a timeshare presentation before we leave the airport at San Jose Del Cabo. As compensation we usually get: Free shuttle to and from Montecristo (stop at Costco on your way to MC the driver will wait for you while you shop for the week). Sunset cruise tickets, snorkeling tickets, jet ski ride 1/2 price. and $50 or $100 gift certificate for a restaraunt in town.

We tip the taxi at least $15, (I cant remember) We tip the maid $5/day We tip the shuttle $1/trip to and from the Villa.

We will be there the first 2 weeks in Sept. More updates after that. Steve

Steve M.
Aug 05, 2008

stevem357 wrote:
ericdavid83 wrote:
stevem357 wrote:
ericdavid83 wrote:

Steve

Eric, cannot help with scuba or golf info. The snorkeling boat "Pez Gato" has mediocre snorkeling but the staff is friendly and the food is good. The boat ride is fun. The sunset cruise is worthwhile and you can usually get a free one by doing a timeshare presentation. By the way: We schedule a timeshare presentation before we leave the airport at San Jose Del Cabo. As compensation we usually get: Free shuttle to and from Montecristo (stop at Costco on your way to MC the driver will wait for you while you shop for the week). Sunset cruise tickets, snorkeling tickets, jet ski ride 1/2 price. and $50 or $100 gift certificate for a restaraunt in town.

We tip the taxi at least $15, (I cant remember) We tip the maid $5/day We tip the shuttle $1/trip to and from the Villa.

We will be there the first 2 weeks in Sept. More updates after that. Steve

Thanks Steve,

I couldn't stand the thought of sitting thru another timeshare presentation. We are debating renting a van for our trip; but my wife is concerned about driving on Mexican roads.

Jeffrey W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.