Timeshare Exchanges

confused TS owner

Sep 09, 2008

Hi forum. Like many others, I have been "sucker/bedazzeled" into purchaseing an overpriced timeshare in a new Las Vegas Resort. I have owned it for two years now, but haven't used it because it isn't built yet, so last year they put us in a sister resort which was not as nice. My trouble is...I really don't understand how to use this. I obviously cannot sell it because it isn't really worth anything, so need to learn how to best use it. I have a mortgage bill, a maintenance fee, and a exchange fee. Do I have to use their exchange company to travel somewhere else or commit to my own resort over and over? What if I would like to "share" my time some where else? I have searched and just not geting it. It is through interval world, but their website and customer service is not very helpful. We would like to do an Alaskan Cruise and a Carribian Cruise. Neither of these fit into my timeshare. Please help. Some of you are happy with your purchase and I hope to be if I could find some value. Also, not really understanding the concept of banking my week. Does this mean to bank my week this year and go nowhere and then next year would have two weeks to use. Is it that simple? Thank you!

Annie J.
Sep 10, 2008

Also, not really understanding the concept of banking my week. Does this mean to bank my week this year and go nowhere and then next year would have two weeks to use. Is it that simple? Thank you!

Yes it is that simple!

Maybe you can rent your timeshare out and use the money from the rental to take a cruise, or pay on your mortgage.

Dianne K.
Sep 10, 2008

anniej9 wrote:
Hi forum. Like many others, I have been "sucker/bedazzeled" into purchaseing an overpriced timeshare in a new Las Vegas Resort. I have owned it for two years now, but haven't used it because it isn't built yet, so last year they put us in a sister resort which was not as nice. My trouble is...I really don't understand how to use this. I obviously cannot sell it because it isn't really worth anything, so need to learn how to best use it. I have a mortgage bill, a maintenance fee, and a exchange fee. Do I have to use their exchange company to travel somewhere else or commit to my own resort over and over? What if I would like to "share" my time some where else? I have searched and just not geting it. Thank you!

You must be speaking of Planet Holywood in Vegas that has not yet opened for business as it's still in the construction phase.

You pose a good question since you have nothing to deposit/trade yet with II .... I don't know how II would handle this. If you can't get a straight forward answer from an II advisor then ask to speak to an II supervisor.

You will certainly be able to trade this timeshare in the future upon it's construction completion using II, but I really don't know what the answer is right now since it's still being built.

R P.
Oct 09, 2008

It is unusual to have a maint. fee during construction. If you do dthen there should be some trading value with your exchange...II?

In terms of bankning, when you have a unit, and you choose not to use it or trade it in the current year, you can Bank the week with II. That means for the next two years you have a credit of q week with II to do an exchange through them. To schedule an exchange through II there is a fee of about $130 for US and higher for non US.

I've used the banking method from time to time and have been generally pleased. I use it to take two week vacations. Not always in the same place for two weeks.

Check with your sales agent about the week being available for exchange. If he does not know, then call LL and discuss with and agnet. They will know if the resort has units that are usable for exchanges.

If not then contact the attorney general in your state and file a complaint about maintenance fees on an under construction unit. Also check your contract and see what it says about under construction units and fees.

Good luck and have fun. We have enjoyed our several time share units.

Ron C.
Oct 10, 2008

ronc19 wrote:
If not then contact the attorney general in your state and file a complaint about maintenance fees on an under construction unit. Also check your contract and see what it says about under construction units and fees.

Your advice was good, but one would have to contact the attorney general in the state where the timeshare is located, not in the state where one lives.

I, too, question why she's paying maintenance fees on an 'under construction' resort that's not yet completed and how she can deposit and exchange something that's not there.

R P.
Oct 10, 2008

Maybe the "trade value" will be very low and the only units available will ones with low demand anyway (such as Cape Cod in February)

Mike N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.