Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

vacation sales and marketing scam

Feb 22, 2009

i was contacted by vacation sales and marketing and they told me they could sell my timeshare in 6 months or i would get my money back after six months and my timeshare was still not sold i called and asked for my money back just like they told me and thier contract stated they said no problem and i would get my refund soon that was three months ago and i call them at least 3-4 times a week they wont take my phone calls and wont return my calls or messages they stole my money and won't honor there money back guarantee

help dan

Dan B.
Feb 23, 2009

This is typical of how upfront fee companies operate.

R P.
Apr 02, 2009

Just received a call to send some $$ in. Does anyone have any information about their activities? Did they sell your timeshare?

Darlene K.
Apr 02, 2009

I just received a call from the Vacation Sales and Marketing Company located in Georgia. Does anyone have information? If they didn't locate a buyer, did you get the refund? How difficult was it to get the refund? I've been contacted by dozens of companies and am really not sure what to do. DK

Darlene K.
Apr 02, 2009

darlenek34 wrote:
I just received a call from the Vacation Sales and Marketing Company located in Georgia. Does anyone have information? If they didn't locate a buyer, did you get the refund? How difficult was it to get the refund? I've been contacted by dozens of companies and am really not sure what to do. DK
DO NOT send them any money. Even if they claim to refund your money, you may have a difficult time actually getting it back. After you pay them, you may find it is difficult even contacting the company for any reason. Ask them for a refund and all of a sudden excuses will come out. Many times the "refund" is their offer to continue to list it on their website. Also do not believe they have a buyer waiting. This is just another ploy to get you to send them money.

Mike N.
Apr 09, 2009

I was contact buy a company name buyatimeshare.com also known as vacation property resales, inc. back in July '08. I paid them 599.00 to sell my timeshare, at the time i listed, buyatimeshare.com made it very easy, "you timeshare will sell very quick". After i paid i never hear anything form this company. I got ripped off big time. buyatimeshare is a big scam. yesterday, i got very upset, because i noticed that this company ripped me off. I contact a man name Jason Hamilton, i believe is the owner or the manager, what ever, all i know that this man was very rude on his email. I know that i was very upset and frustrated, but i have my reasons, i just got ripped of, but please read some of the email this man sent me: and i "I suspect that you might be drunk right now because there is absolutely no rationalizing with you. Instead you prefer to throw out insults and accusations and act as if you are a victim. We can sell your timeshare, despite whatever you think. But we cannot create demand for it and we certainly cannot sell it for more than its worth. Like I said, feel free to contact me when you are sober if you truly want to sell this timeshare".

i told him that i was going to post negative feedback about buyatimeshare.com on line. this was his answer: "Mr. Guzman, go ahead and make any accusation you want, but I give you this final warning, if anything you claim is false I will have my lawyers pursue you for slander. Based on our limited conversations, I really don’t think you can afford any legal fees. Especially since you’re willing to swallow any pride you have by claiming to be a victim in an attempt to get your money back for a service that we HAVE BEEN PROVIDING. The problem is this, I can back everything I claim, and we both know you can’t. You paid for ads, we provided them. If you have any doubt, go to my website anytime and see for yourself. Also, please learn to use spell check because your credibility is already lacking".

This is the customer service buyatimeshare or vacation property resales, in has. after i paid my money, this is the service i get.

Juan G.
Apr 10, 2009

juang47 wrote:
I was contact buy a company name buyatimeshare.com also known as vacation property resales, inc. back in July '08. I paid them 599.00 to sell my timeshare, at the time i listed, buyatimeshare.com made it very easy, "you timeshare will sell very quick". After i paid i never hear anything form this company.

There's no guarantee that any timeshare will sell at any price, especially in this worldwide downturn in the economy .... just look at all the $1 timeshares on Ebay with no bids, so they outright lied to you.

Upfront fee parasites will tell you anything to get that upfront fee .... that's all they want.

R P.
Apr 30, 2009

I foolishly listed with Vacation Sales & Marketing almost a year ago. This was the 3rd upfront fee I have paid in an attempt to sell my timeshare. The other two I never heard from again. Of course VSM told me the same story - we have people waiting for your timeshare just give us your $700 - and if for some reason we don't sell your timeshare we will refund after 6 months. Six months to the day I called them and asked for my money and they verified that I was within the 30 day refund period. I sent a certified letter. The next day I started getting calls from their reps (who somehow didn't know I had just asked for a refund) asking me to sign up because they had people waiting to buy timeshares:). Long story short, they stalled for 3 weeks and I got hot with them on the phone a few times, but I finally got all my money back! I was, and still am, surprised I got my money back and I would never do business with them again. Today I found out that a well known realty company has a timeshare division and does not ask for money up front. I would tell you - but I want to sell mine before they are flooded! Just check the biggest companies you know!

Bonnie M.
May 01, 2009

bonniem142 wrote:
Today I found out that a well known realty company has a timeshare division and does not ask for money up front. I would tell you - but I want to sell mine before they are flooded! Just check the biggest companies you know!
Congrats on your success for getting your money back. As you found out there are real estate companies that will sell timeshares and take a commission after the sale. These commissions can be large (15%-20%) and sometimes have a minimum. One company I knew of had a $1500 minimum.

Without releasing the name of the RE company, can you tell us what their commission rates are? Thanks

Mike N.
May 03, 2009

I did all asked guarantee lies. I got screwed.

Mike K.
Jun 22, 2009

Can you give me the correct mailing address for my refund? I never received my contract, but they received my money! I cannot get a call back from anybody with their address and it is not published anywhere. I did finally figure out they are in registered in Georgia, so the next step is the BBB in Georgia, but if you can help me with the correct address and what you stated in your letter, I would appreciate it. Thank you for your time, John

John L.
Jun 22, 2009

darlenek34 wrote:

I signed a contract with this company in August 2008 and in February 2009 requested and received a refund. I don't know if this company can actually sell timeshares because every time I called I was told they had an interested buyer but were having trouble with financing. Given the fact that there was a credit freeze when they had my property, there was a grain of truth to this statement but it did bug me that every single time I called, I got the same response. I got my money refunded without any delays or drama. I did, however, make the request in writing via certified mail within 30 days of the contract expiration date as stated in the contract. I think perhaps the person who did not get a refund may not have followed those procedures. That certainly would not surprise me because most companies do not want to refund money regardless of their own guarantees. MLP

Michelle P.
Jul 03, 2009

I contracted with Vacation Sales and Marketing in 9/08. I told them I was concerned and would need a refund if they did not sell my timeshare as I was staving off bankruptcy due to being in a full commissioned job in the auto industry in which I was ultimately laid off. I was reassured by the contract in writing that I would be refunded if they did not sell my timeshare in six months. In 3/09 after they did not sell my timeshare in six months per the contract I sent a certified mailing request for my refund. They didn't respond and stopped taking my phone calls. I had an attorney mail a demand letter and they've ignored the attorney's letter. The next step is small claims court. They are operating under illegal business practices. They will never refund your money and force you to take legal action. How many other's are experiencing the same thing with them? Class action lawsuit anyone?

Heather B.
Jul 17, 2009

heatherb242 wrote:
I contracted with Vacation Sales and Marketing in 9/08. I told them I was concerned and would need a refund if they did not sell my timeshare as I was staving off bankruptcy due to being in a full commissioned job in the auto industry in which I was ultimately laid off. I was reassured by the contract in writing that I would be refunded if they did not sell my timeshare in six months. In 3/09 after they did not sell my timeshare in six months per the contract I sent a certified mailing request for my refund. They didn't respond and stopped taking my phone calls. I had an attorney mail a demand letter and they've ignored the attorney's letter. The next step is small claims court. They are operating under illegal business practices. They will never refund your money and force you to take legal action. How many other's are experiencing the same thing with them? Class action lawsuit anyone?

You also need to report these crooks to the Attorney General in the state in which the crooks operate.

I'm surprised your attorney didn't go further in his attempt to get your money back. Looks like he just gave up like most of the people that's been taken in by these upfront fee parasites.

Please do not give up.

R P.
Jul 28, 2009

When I looked up this company on the net a large amount of negative messages came up. These messages said that this company was a scam, would not return calls, would not return "guaranteed" fees. I spoke to a very nice lady who certainly gave me good answers. Her supervisor contacted me trying to provide explanations and stated "We do not hold any one up - we have been in business 14 years and have provided what most people with satisfactory outcomes." Has anyone had favorable results? Has anyone who complained received a refund? Does anyone have a company they would recommend for either rentals or sales of my timeshares?

THANK YOU

Charles H.
Jul 28, 2009

darlenek34 wrote:
Just received a call to send some $$ in. Does anyone have any information about their activities? Did they sell your timeshare?

Did you contract with them? Did you get any results or your money back, if you requested it?

Thank you

Charles

Charles H.
Jul 28, 2009

What was your result with this company?

Thank you,

Charles

Charles H.
Jul 29, 2009

charlesh260 wrote:
When I looked up this company on the net a large amount of negative messages came up. These messages said that this company was a scam, would not return calls, would not return "guaranteed" fees. I spoke to a very nice lady who certainly gave me good answers. Her supervisor contacted me trying to provide explanations and stated "We do not hold any one up - we have been in business 14 years and have provided what most people with satisfactory outcomes." Has anyone had favorable results? Has anyone who complained received a refund? Does anyone have a company they would recommend for either rentals or sales of my timeshares?

THANK YOU

You've read nothing but negative reports, but you are still thinking about signing up with this company based on the word of a salesperson. I have one simple question for you. Would you buy any other product this way?

If you really want to go through with it, offer to pay $100 now and the balance AFTER they sell or rent your TS. If they accept, and it doesn't work out in your favor, then you will limit your loses.

Mike N.
Jul 29, 2009

mike1536 wrote:
If you really want to go through with it, offer to pay $100 now and the balance AFTER they sell or rent your TS. If they accept, and it doesn't work out in your favor, then you will limit your loses.

See how fast they hang up on you after you make the above offer. These scammers and thieves are very good at what they do (same as developer salespeople) and they have been well versed in what to say to get that upfront fee as that's all they want.

R P.
Jul 29, 2009

If you want to keep your money then listen to all the warnings on these forums and run from any company charging a large upfront fee to list your timeshare!

If you want to lose your money and keep your timeshare then pay these upfront parasites your hard earned money! Your the people keeping them in business.

This is so simple but this is still the most asked questions on timeshare forums with the same answer everytime.

PHILL12

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Jul 29, 2009 09:55 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.