Jul 14, 2009

Management needs to get some photos of the Garden Villas and that area up on the Redweek site....would be very helpful.....and maybe even a schematic map showing "aerial" view of entire resort so folks know where Garden Villas are vis a vis the beach, "interior" pools, etc.

Tim Strawn

Timothy B.
Jul 14, 2009

timothyb2 wrote:
Management needs to get some photos of the Garden Villas and that area up on the Redweek site....would be very helpful.....and maybe even a schematic map showing "aerial" view of entire resort so folks know where Garden Villas are vis a vis the beach, "interior" pools, etc.

Tim Strawn

Hi Tim,

I've added an aerial view of the resort but was not able to find any photos that specifically showed the Garden Villas. Do you have any photos that we can add to the resort's main page?

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Jul 19, 2009

i agree!! there is a rental on the website with a garden view and i do not want to rent it unless i can see what the view is??? The way most of the vacation clubs on the water are - you can at least see come of the ocean. Does this view completely block the ocean? and what are you looking at - the swimming pool? If anyone has stayed in a garden view, i would greatly appreciate their advice on what it is like?

Pam S.
Sep 04, 2009

We stayed in the garden view last year and saw none of the ocean -- it was completely blocked. We were on the 2nd floor. When we took a walk down the beach, it looked to us if you were on a high floor in the garden view you may be able to see the ocean. Check with the resort on that. This year we stayed in the check-in building on the 10th floor and had a beautiful ocean view. It was much more convenient being in that building and the view made a big difference for us.

Deborah P.

Last edited by deborahp49 on Sep 04, 2009 07:16 AM

Nov 02, 2009

You are correct about Garden Views. They are in the lower floors of the two buildings away from the beach and behind the three beachfront buildings and most likely offer no view of the ocean. Upper story units in these two back buildings are classified as Ocean View and this is where I own. I was able to schedule a private tour of these upper level units on my stay in 2008 before the building was open and can tell you the views are very nice. Some of the ocean is still blocked but the view is much more panoramic and the ocean can be seen between the ocean front buildings and up and down the coast besides. Something that cannot be done from Ocean VIEW units in the two side, ocean front buildings which only go as high as 5 floors. There are pros and cons to each of the buildings in this resort depending on your preferences. The indoor pool, weight and excercise room, saunas and steam rooms are between the two rear buildings but indoor parking is not connected to either of these buildings. There is, however, an outdoor pool (called the Woodsy pool) with water slide, walk-in pool with fountains for toddlers, tree house, putting green and other amenities next to the rear buildings. The beach, main pool w/pool bar, snack bar and convenience store, activities center with Roz, the activities director (who is great!), check-in w/sun deck and the sales office are in and around the front three buildings. A Marriott Hotel sits right next door with its spa and usual hotel amenities (restaurant and lounge) also available for use by the resort guests. All in all, this is a smaller, very beautiful resort in a quiet, scenic location, with a wonderful beach and lots more to offer.

Dennis N.
May 12, 2010

Hi! Could someone please help me figure out where building 3 in phase 3 is located? ( For the Marriot OceanWatch Grand Dunes)

Thanks, Josephine

Mark H.
Jul 12, 2010

markh288 wrote:
Hi! Could someone please help me figure out where building 3 in phase 3 is located? ( For the Marriot OceanWatch Grand Dunes)

Thanks, Josephine

It's in the back near the Woodsy Pool area.

Bobbie B.
Jul 17, 2010

Could anyone tell me why owners post rentals and then never answer repeated emails or phone calls? Why bother advertising that you want to rent your condos?

Mary G.
Feb 21, 2011

Good question! I sure answer mine. Want to rent at a great Marriott resort in Hilton Head - Barony Beach? I have a posting there for our weeks, and my posting gives lots of details about the resort. Re Oceanwatch - We've traded our Barony weeks to stay at Oceanwatch, and actually rented a week there from an owner on redweek. It's a nice place, but if you want to be close to most of the activities, and the beach, unless you have real little kids, rent in one of the three front buildings! Good luck, Kathi

Kathi L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.