Montecristo Estates by Pueblo Bonito

Transfer of Golf Benefits

Aug 11, 2009

I was told multiple times that when we sell our fractional, all of the benefits transfer with it.

I ended up not buying from the resort and instead purchased villa 15 from a previous owner. Well today I just found out that the golf benefits were apparently lost in that transfer (not misplaced..they did not transfer at all).

I have not completely verified this and when I asked the Concierge he didn't know. I hope the guy was lying just to get me to buy more. I will have to dig deeper. So as a warning to any new buyers. MAKE SURE EVERYTHING TRANSFERS WHEN YOU SELL. GET IT IN WRITING.

sorry for shouting but i wasn't sure if anyone was listening.....

Kerry D.
Aug 11, 2009

In order to ge you to pay the higher price from the resort as opposed to buying (for less) on the reale mkt, the sales people tell you that if you don't but from the resort they will not honor a transfer of the golf benefits. I think all of this is irrelvant unless (until) the golf course(s) is (are) built. I am guessing that by the time that happens the only people who will have any rights to discounts or priority use of the gof facilites will be the single family home owners and the Ritz Carlton owners. I base this on the fact that every time we speak to someone at the reort or hear from someone like you, the story changes.

Jeffrey W.
Aug 11, 2009

Value is not based on reality. Value is based on expectation or perception of reality. In this case, I believed that the golf benefits would transfer and had I known they did not I would have adjusted my price accordingly (or not bought at all). I have polled several owners here and I have yet to find someone that knew that the golf did not transfer. So, while a salesperson might tell you this, they most certainly won't until you ask point blank. 'Fact remains, even though I did ask point blank 3 years ago when I bought, they told me everything transfered and mentioned no exceptions to that.

I would argue that, even though there is not a golf course, it still affects resale value (for the buyer who is smarter than I and doesn't believe the salespeople here and gets it in writing) and is therefore relevant to anyone who is trying to sell in a pinch. And from what I have seen on the timeshare sales boards that number is increasing rapidly.

Fortunately, I do still have maintenance fees at about half of what people are paying now because I bought from an early owner. And that did transfer.

Kerry D.

Last edited by kerryd19 on Aug 11, 2009 08:57 PM

Aug 12, 2009

The small print of all contracts says that nothing the salesperson told you is true unless it is in writing and signed by two qualified people. This is how they are getting out of all those "promised" benefits.

Lewis H.
Oct 06, 2009

as an original owner the golfs benefits are indeed yours. but when you transfer to a third party the golf benefits do not go along with it.

Steven R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.