Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

ideas for selling Bluegreen?

Dec 06, 2012

FYI for marketing with Pinnicale. Their closing costs are $2000. What price you set they are going to tack on another $2000. Mine is currently listed so that I actually pay $500 of the closing costs and don't get anything for my points.

Robin J.
Dec 06, 2012

Charities are not an economical way to give away your time share. In order to get the tax deduction your looking at spending about $4,000 (closing costs and other fees). The tax break you get is about $150. It may sound like a great idea but when you actually go to do it, it's quite expensive.

Robin J.
Dec 20, 2012

Hello, We just bought in September 2012 a 8,000 pt. package. It is on monthly payments. We are just wanting to sell deed and all just for what we would pay. Is this something we can do on here. Any help would be great. Thank you.

John K.
Dec 20, 2012

johnk985 wrote:
Hello, We just bought in September 2012. It is on monthly payments. We are just wanting to sell deed and all just for what we would pay. Is this something we can do on here. Any help would be great. Thank you.

First of all, if you still have money owing on it, it will be darned near impossible to even give it away. If you want to find a new owner, pay off all the debt owing on it.

Secondly, many timeshares and point packages are selling for peanuts right now. Some owners, in order to find a new owner, are offering their unit for free with the original owner offering to pay closing costs and even the following year's maintenance fees. Please don't harbor any fantasies about recouping what you paid for your unit otherwise you'll make yourself easy prey for scam artists.

Always remember to never ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. Those are in almost all cases a scam. Also, watch out for other companies who make wacky claims of being able to cancel your mortgage or contract if you pay them some sort of fee.

As for "something [you] can do here", no, you can not sell or advertise in these forums. You can list in RedWeek's Bargain Basement for sale or giveaway. Also, check out E-bay, Craigslist (beware of spammers and scam artists there), Bidshares, My Resort Network, or Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com). They have a Bargain Deals section where, for free you can advertise that you simply want to give your timeshare away. Just follow the directions at the top of that page.

Lance C.

Last edited by lancec13 on Dec 20, 2012 02:27 PM

Dec 21, 2012

johnk985 wrote:
Hello, We just bought in September 2012 a 8,000 pt. package. It is on monthly payments. We are just wanting to sell deed and all just for what we would pay. Is this something we can do on here. Any help would be great. Thank you.

As Lance mentioned, it will be impossible to sell your points with a mortgage still owed and even if the mortgage was paid off there's no way you would get on the resale market anywhere near what you paid a developer.

The best thing you can do now is to concentrate on paying off your mortgage, use your points for nice vacations and move on.

R P.
Dec 23, 2012

Hello. Even though were are making payments you say we can still get out. Everything I have been reading and finding is saying we are pretty much screwed unless we payoff the loan first. If we had the money to payoff we would do so. We are just wanting to get what is owed and be rid of it totally. You say your company can????? What is the name of your company?

John K.
Dec 24, 2012

johnk985 wrote:
Hello. Even though were are making payments you say we can still get out. Everything I have been reading and finding is saying we are pretty much screwed unless we payoff the loan first. If we had the money to payoff we would do so. We are just wanting to get what is owed and be rid of it totally.

If you still have money owing either for maintenance fees or the mortgage, nobody is going to want to take over ownership. There are countless timeshares and point packages available with no money owing and owners having a challenge even giving them away.

Your best solution right now is to continue to pay off any debts owing on your timeshare including maintenance fees. And once you do that, then try to find a buyer or taker. Remember, you will not be able to sell it for the same price you paid the developer. If you insist that you can get that amount, then you are making yourself easy prey for scam artists.

And again, watch out for any company claiming they can cancel your mortgage because they will just ask you for a fee and you'll still own your timeshare.

If you do not have the money to pay off, then my best suggestion would be to have a talk with your creditors (or write a letter) explaining your situation and see if you can somehow negotiate deeding the timeshare over to the resort. It might be a sticky, complicated situation because your lender is likely a third party. Something may be able to be worked out with you, the resort, and the lender. But do not deal with any outside, unaffiliated company claiming they can magically absolve you of your mortgage obligations by paying them some sort of fee.

Lance C.
Dec 24, 2012

johnk985 wrote:
Everything I have been reading and finding is saying we are pretty much screwed unless we payoff the loan first.

That's pretty much the way it works .... you signed a legal contract to buy points .... if you don't pay off the loan then that will negatively affect your credit score.

R P.
Feb 21, 2013

When you "Gave" your points away how does this work exactly? I am actually in a lawsuit right now and until it gets settled through them I will have points just setting there and dont wanna pay on them. Any info would be great. I still am paying on my time share and want to get rid of it and i know its hard to do.

D B.
Feb 22, 2013

db287 wrote:
When you "Gave" your points away how does this work exactly? I am actually in a lawsuit right now and until it gets settled through them I will have points just setting there and dont wanna pay on them. Any info would be great. I still am paying on my time share and want to get rid of it and i know its hard to do.

One more time .... if you still owe money on your points it's impossible to sell them. There is no lawsuit on earth that can get you out of a legally binding contract that you signed.

R P.
Feb 22, 2013

db287 wrote:
I am actually in a lawsuit right now and until it gets settled through them...

What is the nature of this lawsuit? Who's the plaintiff and who's the defendant?

What is the plaintiff trying to accomplish with this lawsuit?

Lance C.
Feb 22, 2013

as most of are aware, it is almost impossible to give away a timeshare, I was lucky and sold a two bedroom for $250 and last month sold my 3 bedroom for $500. I found a couple that planned to retire and wanted to travel. being members of II. they will recieve some discounts. I may write a book of all of the scams that have approched me.

Robert S.
Feb 24, 2013

I would forget the tax brake, and sell it for $250. or more. I just sold a 3 bedroom that I paid 18,000 10 years ago for $500. the good news is that I did not have to pay the $1,000 maint. fee for this year.

Robert S.
Jul 14, 2014

How do you give these points away and be done with maintenance fees?

Elena R.
Jul 14, 2014

I'm hopeful after reading your message.

Elena R.
Mar 21, 2015

I like robin idea better,but to each its own

sherilynnd wrote:
Wow Robin you must be from New York or something! How do you feel it is right to take it upon yourself to force someone to buy your ownership from you? Not to mention act like a quack at a probably very resort where families are trying to enjoy their vacations? I owned two timeshares (One of which i liked better than the other ), So I kept the one i enjoyed using which by the way was bluegreen @ big cedar and rented the other one out for a couple years and eventually after recouping most of the money I put into it..turned around and donated it to a great charity here in the united states and feel really good about the way i handled it. I will say this though....Most owners @ the resorts i've been to have been very nice and are quality .....but every now in then you'll meet a few! Ozarkmountaingirl

John P G.
Jun 04, 2016

You are a Jerk or maybe even someone who works for Bluegreen. Maybe you are rich enough that money isn't important. We will be donating our timeshare cause we can't afford to keep it and no body...absolutely no body is as dumb as us to want to own points in Bluegreen. Don't call the guy who parked his vehicle in front of Bluegreen's office advertising his investment in his timeshare a "Quack" after all he got rid of it. They use high pressure to get most of it's customers to buy so what is wrong with using the same tactics on them? It is America. Maybe you want more points in Bluegreen, cause I got some I'll sell reallllllly cheap.

Charles S.

Last edited by charless702 on Jun 04, 2016 03:40 AM

Jun 04, 2016

charless702 wrote:
You are a **** or maybe even someone who works for Bluegreen. Maybe you are rich enough that money isn't important. We will be donating our timeshare cause we can't afford to keep it... Maybe you want more points in Bluegreen, cause I got some I'll sell reallllllly cheap.

First of all, to whom are you directing your comments? Previous posts in this thread are over a year old.

Secondly, don't count on "donating" your timeshare. Any charity that claims it will accept donations of unwanted timeshares will charge you thousands of dollars to do so.

Third, if you want to sell your points or just give them away, try listing them on resale websites such as RedWeek. There is also a Facebook page for BG owners where you can discuss giving your points away. Just be careful not to pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell your points regardless of how much money he says you can get for your points.

Lance C.
Jun 05, 2016

Ben,

I own 90,000 points per year so I know how you feel about maintenance fees. That being said, my recommendation is that instead of selling your points, you pick a date which you know most people will want at a popular resort and rent it on Red Week. We had 5 days reserved at Daytona Seabreeze July 3 - July 8 and we rented them in less than a week. You could do the same on an annual basis and the rental income will cover your maintenance costs. Just a thought....

Linton D.
Jun 29, 2016

Bluegreen was helpful until we didn't add points - and got pressured in an attempt to get us to add points. we've been on our own since we didn't. I like the advertising on site. From what I have read I will lose money period. Own my own business and times are hard. I like Robins idea in Pigeon Forge that is where we go not where we own....

Anita M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.