Timeshare Exchanges

Vacation Property Recovery

Nov 01, 2010

Has anyone heard of this company? They just called me, said they could get a buyer for my timeshare. Once they have an offer they will need my checking account router # and I pay share of closing cost. I cannot find them listed anywhere in yellow pages, white pages, no good website. Am I being scammed?? Again!!!

Susan C.
Nov 02, 2010

susanc711 wrote:
Has anyone heard of this company? They just called me, said they could get a buyer for my timeshare. Once they have an offer they will need my checking account router # and I pay share of closing cost. I cannot find them listed anywhere in yellow pages, white pages, no good website. Am I being scammed?? Again!!!

In one word, YES you are being scammed .... they have no buyer, they just want your checking account # or credit card # then you never hear from them again.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Nov 02, 2010 08:55 AM

Nov 24, 2010

Did you end up selling your timeshare thru Vacation property Recovery?

I just got a call from them saying they have an offer for ours so i was wondering how things went for you.

Trying to avoid getting scammed yet again just like you i guess.

Chuck Brunson

susanc711 wrote:

Chuck B.
Nov 24, 2010

I too, just received a call from these folks. Cannot find any info. Told me thay had a buyer for my timeshare and wanted 10% to go into an escrow account. Are they a scam?

Stan O.
Nov 24, 2010

After not finding any info on this company on a website, yellow pages, etc I called back - didn't give my name but I know I was speaking with the man who originally called me. I asked why I could find no info on his company and he said that they had just changed their phone system. I had a feeling he knew I was the person he had just called, because I never heard back from him again - even tho he assured me he would mostly likely be calling me back within a couple of hours with an offer

Susan C.
Nov 24, 2010

Thanks. I see that you've been on this company for a month. The guy I talked to was Jason Sanders. Gave me a Philly cell number but gave me a Hudson Fla. address.

Stan O.
Nov 25, 2010

susanc711 wrote:
I asked why I could find no info on his company and he said that they had just changed their phone system.

The reason they changed their phone system is because they close shop when the law gets too close and open up with a different location and phone number.

The changed phone system should have been a huge red flag to you.

R P.
Nov 25, 2010

susanc and jayjay. thanks for the input.

Stan O.
Nov 27, 2010

Has anyone had any good/bad experience with Vacation Property Recovery?

Laura H.
Nov 27, 2010

See the chain above. Looks like they're a scammer.

Stan O.
Nov 30, 2010

laurah329 wrote:
Has anyone had any good/bad experience with Vacation Property Recovery?
I find myself wondering if Vacation Property Recovery is perhaps just a slightly different new name for Vacation Property Resales (based in Tampa, FL and currently under very active and well publicized investigation by the Florida Attorney General).

In any case, this thread should never have been started in the "Timeshare Exchanges" forum in the first place, since the topic has absolutely NOTHING to do with the actual intended forum subject of (strangely enough) Timeshare EXCHANGES.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Nov 30, 2010 09:12 AM

Nov 30, 2010

ken1193 wrote:
I find myself wondering if Vacation Property Recovery is perhaps just a slightly different new name for Vacation Property Resales (based in Tampa, FL and currently under very active and well publicized investigation by the Florida Attorney General).

I wouldn't be a bit surprised since Vacation Property Resales is probably lacking for business with all the education out there about upfront fee timeshare scammers now.

They merely came up with another scam which should be reported to the Florida Attorney General.

R P.
Dec 01, 2010

jayjay wrote:
They merely came up with another scam which should be reported to the Florida Attorney General.
I merely expressed a theory and I have seen no substantive facts upon which to believe that this new "Vacation Property Recovery" entity is actually located in Florida.

Without FIRST conclusively establishing the actual state as a fact, reporting them to the Florida AG would be premature. If they are NOT actually located and operating in Florida, then they are NOT even within the legal jurisdiction of the Florida AG in the first place.

Facts and jurisdiction must necessarily be determined first --- BEFORE any reports or complaints to a very busy AG office which may, in truth, not even have any jurisdiction over these parasites.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 01, 2010 06:13 AM

Dec 01, 2010

Oh my, God. I responded to their call. I gave them my bank account number. Should I call my bank?

Gail C.
Dec 01, 2010

This is Gail again. I just called my lawyer who did some researching and said not to trust this "company," I stopped payments from my account.

Gail C.
Dec 03, 2010

I received a call from Sean Ketchem of Vacation Property Recovery just yesterday, Dec 2. He offered me a price for my timeshare at twice it's value and had two buyers for it. He did not know the exact name of my property. All I had to do was give him my check info and send him 10% or the sale value when I received from him copies of the closing costs. Which he would send me immediately. I heard today on Clark's radio show that there is an article in the NYT saying this is a new wrinkle on an old scam and the closing papers are invalid. I pass this on for what it's worth and will avoid any contact with this co.

Katherine S.
Dec 03, 2010

katherines90 wrote:
I received a call from Sean Ketchem of Vacation Property Recovery just yesterday, Dec 2. He offered me a price for my timeshare at twice it's value and had two buyers for it. He did not know the exact name of my property. All I had to do was give him my check info and send him 10% or the sale value when I received from him copies of the closing costs. Which he would send me immediately. I heard today on Clark's radio show that there is an article in the NYT saying this is a new wrinkle on an old scam and the closing papers are invalid. I pass this on for what it's worth and will avoid any contact with this co.
Good job --- and congratulations on being SMART !

Your first clue was likely the parasites claiming to have two buyers for a timeshare property which they couldn't actually even identify! Quite brazen.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 03, 2010 01:26 PM

Feb 16, 2011

Sean Kethem and Paul who worked as his partner took 1,789 dollars from us and over drafted our account as well because they took the money out before we said to. We have never been able to reach them after this. The number that we call just goes to voice mail but it still has his name on it. I hope that we can have someone trace this number so that we can actually find their location.

Jessica T.
Aug 08, 2011

Sorry to have this happen to you though. I am sure people like this try and scam others all of the time. You should try and get the officers involved and see if they can help. This is not the way to enjoy an Orlando vacation.

Beth

Beth C.

Last edited by vhines on Aug 08, 2011 10:39 AM

Nov 16, 2011

I am trying to sell my mother's timeshare. She is 85 years old and four years ago was roped into buying even more points. All totaled over $100,000 investment, plus monthly maintenance. Who convinces an 81 year old woman she needs more points??????? So, bad enough she is into this then you have all these scams. So many timeshares for sale. Anyone have any suggestions? HELP!!

Janet S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.