The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Mar 03, 2019

dickh,

having been ....."an attorney in my “real life” " i hope you can add some simple but legally knowledgeable comments for the benefit of all TMC owners. i do not seek complimentary legal advice, only comments for owners to consider sent in this redweek forum. this would be after you receive the documents that you asked zimmerman to email to you.

thanks

chris

dickh68 wrote:
My wife and I own a timeshare in TMC and are interested in what you are doing. I was an attorney in my “real life” and would like to see the documents you referred to. Could you email to me at richardhyde@aol.com? Thank you!

Chris V.
Mar 03, 2019

I just sent the update to all Coalition members however some came back as undeliverable. All three were to comcast.net subscribers. Please check your spam and if you did not receive the update just send me an updated email address and I will resend it to you.

Becky F
Mar 03, 2019

Bravo, Att.Zimmerman!

Here are the extracts from the Att. Zimmerman' Doc NO. 13 RECEIVED NYSCEF: 02/19/2019

" Mr. Bodoh seeks to access the information he has requested from TMC in order to: understand why the maintenance fees are so high, and why so many nights are available at hotel aggregator sites while members are denied their preferred dates. He also wants to know why TMC has maintained its restrictive policies on reservations. Further, he wishes to understand the relationship of BlueGreen with TMC. No documents have been made public that actually reveal how BlueGreen has beccme Sponsor, and whether that determination was correct. Finally, there are apparently solicitations by TMC on behalf of BlueGreen to acquire defaulted owners units, but how TMC seeks to address the arrearages and transfer ownership to BlueGreen remains a mystery. These are legitimate questions for which Mr. Bodoh deserves an answer as a TMC member who spent tens of thousands of dollars to acquire and then thousands more to maintain a TMC unit. He intends to relay the answers to these questions to other TMC members so that any of them who feel financially taken advantage of like him can work together with him to take corrective action. Please advise us if you will allow him to access TMC's books and records."

Fibo N.
Mar 04, 2019

I have reached out to BlueGreen directly to see if we could work with them directly, and they have referred me back to TMC, saying that they are not managing our TMC units. Not sure what sort of relationship has been forged - it is very unclear to me. I am glad Mr Zimmerman seems to be making progress. I have reached out to him twice and have gotten no response.

Peg C.
Mar 04, 2019

hello,

copy/paste zimmerman's site address to your computer address bar. here you will find information to contact him. you must be insistent in your quest to join his law suit. he should be happy to have your financial support. he should definitely contact you, especially after your two attempts to reach him.

https://www.zimllp.com/

let us know how successful you are with his response (or lack thereof)

good luck,

chris

pegc29 wrote:
I have reached out to BlueGreen directly to see if we could work with them directly, and they have referred me back to TMC, saying that they are not managing our TMC units. Not sure what sort of relationship has been forged - it is very unclear to me. I am glad Mr Zimmerman seems to be making progress. I have reached out to him twice and have gotten no response.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Mar 04, 2019 01:27 PM

Mar 04, 2019

The Zimmerman Law Group has been working for months on behalf of a growing group of defrauded TMC owners. One of the first obstacles they have to overcome is TMC's absolute refusal to release the timeshare owners' names and addresses to anyone, even duly authorized or qualified owners, like owner and board candidate, Robert Tucker. Toward that end, Zimmerman just filed an action against TMC, including the documents accessible via the DropBox link below, which Jean-Marc asked me to share on this site. You may need your own DropBox account to access the files, but the basic DropBox account is free, and easy to set up. Once your account is set up, you will be able to read the files using this link. Everyone on this site who hopes to gain any measure of justice as a result of the fraudulent conduct of TMC should contact Zimmerman at (908) 768-6408 and ask to be represented too. Here is the DropBox link, you will have to copy and paste it into your browser search bar:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aul0h2e4u66fjvt/AACc7jYvaWy_a4j-huCpXYnia?dl=0

I'm sure you will be as impressed with Zimmerman's filing as I was after reading these documents.

Bob Biello

Robert B.
Mar 04, 2019

bob,

i am indeed impressed and encouraged with zimmerman's disclosure of documents supporting his efforts in TMC owners' behalf.

however, i am quite puzzled as to why he continuously fails to respond to at least 5 people in this forum who have contacted him more than once to join his suit.

if he doesn't have time to respond to those who wish to join him, he could easily have a secretary/assistant do that job for him. can you possibly get him to move on this issue? i'm certain that he wants to build his TMC client base. do you agree with my comments? (check back on a few previous redweek pages to note the several people who have contacted zimmerman, in vain.)

thanks, chris

robertb1802 wrote:
The Zimmerman Law Group has been working for months on behalf of a growing group of defrauded TMC owners. One of the first obstacles they have to overcome is TMC's absolute refusal to release the timeshare owners' names and addresses to anyone, even duly authorized or qualified owners, like owner and board candidate, Robert Tucker. Toward that end, Zimmerman just filed an action against TMC, including the documents accessible via the DropBox link below, which Jean-Marc asked me to share on this site. You may need your own DropBox account to access the files, but the basic DropBox account is free, and easy to set up. Once your account is set up, you will be able to read the files using this link. Everyone on this site who hopes to gain any measure of justice as a result of the fraudulent conduct of TMC should contact Zimmerman at (908) 768-6408 and ask to be represented too. Here is the DropBox link, you will have to copy and paste it into your browser search bar:

I'm sure you will be as impressed with Zimmerman's filing as I was after reading these documents.

Bob Biello

Chris V.
Mar 05, 2019

Chris, Can you send your name and direct contact email to me at rbiello2@YAHOO.COM.

Thanks, Bob

Robert B.
Mar 05, 2019

I am looking forward to reviewing Mr. Zimmerman’s documents. I was wondering...has anyone spoken to a salesperson to find out what they were instructed to tell their prospective TMC buyers, I.e., us? I would guess that they had pretty much a canned spiel about our opportunity to buy a valuable investment interest in a unique NYC timeshare building (not a worthless interest in a unique “boutique hotel” to be offered to the general public at room charges less than what we are paying). Just a thought.

Dick H.
Mar 05, 2019

for the interest of all serious redweek.com contributors:

the moaning, whining and complaining about TMC/EICHNER are finished. in the 257 pages of this form, we have covered everything from all the fraud, dirty carpets, furniture that needs replacement, lack of desired reservation time, ultra exorbitant maintenance fees..........that's a given and it's all over and described fully and often in duplicate.

i see some steam being generated at this juncture. there is action and proactivity slowly taking place. we are beyond the complaint stage and getting energetic in the appropriate direction. i have not yet joined zimmerman's suit partially because i am gathering the funds necessary to do so; additionally, i have awaited some concrete and positive action to be demonstrated by zimmerman..............he has recently and thankfully done so. i am a co-founder of THE COALITION OF FINANCIALLY DISTRESSED TMC OWNERS. becky, also a co-founder, and i have been contacting the COALITION members, strongly suggesting that they consider joining zimmerman's suit.

additionally, i have urged TMC owners to file their full complaints to the new NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, THE HONORABLE MS LETITIA JAMES, to hopefully have her establish a new case against TMC/EICHNER. under the former nysag, schneiderman, there was no court action taken concerning the CRIMINAL FRAUD ADMITTEDLY PERPETRATED BY EICHNER AGINST US OWNERS. schneiderman simply got a so-called SETTLEMENT worth next-to-nothing. there was no conviction against eichners' CRIMINAL FRAUD. this seems to be an opening for ms james to begin a new criminal consumer fraud case against TMC/EICHNER.

NOTE CAREFULLY: IN MY OPINION, FILING A COMPLAINT WITH THE NYSAG IN NO WAY PRECLUDES OWNERS FROM JOINING ZIMMERMAN'S LAWSUIT. MS JAMES WORKS FOR NEW YORK STATE. ZIMMERMAN IS WORKING AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY. IF THIS IS NOT AN ACCURATE STATEMENT, PLEASE CORRECT ME.

we need to begin to think positively of ourselves as WINNERS rather than downtrodden scum that eichner tried to make us. those days are over.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Mar 06, 2019 04:08 PM

Mar 05, 2019

hello dick h68,

i wish i could have spoken with one of eichner's lacky salespeople. i believe they left in a haze of toxic dust as they saw what was happening to TMC with eichner at the helm. at the time of schneiderman's investigation/litigation, i am shocked and dismayed that he didn't call on any of the salespeople to testify. remember, he had his undercover agents sit in on and record the lies, misrepresentations and overall fraud at SALES PRESENTATIONS. they were as bad as eichner doing his initial dirty work for him, then having him continue the fraud by the obscene increases in maintenance fees and giving owners' reservation time to internet vacation sites for non-owners to get accommodations before maintenance-paying owners.............commonly, fraudently, criminally called DOUBLE-DIPPING!

"..... they had pretty much a canned spiel about our opportunity to buy a valuable investment....."they (the salespeople) certainly did have a "canned spiel" WRITTEN AND DIRECTED BY MR FRAUD HIMSELF, IAN BRUCE EICHNER. in my opinion, eichner remains a free citizen, but not for long

if you read many of the current redweek comments, it seems that there's the distinct possibility that TMC OWNERS are beginning to LEGALLY close in on TMC/EICHNER AND POSSIBLY BLUEGREEN. i think zimmerman is "chomping at the bit" with adequate legal ammunition to get us all the full justice we deserve and to offer eichner a comfortable niche close to bernie madoff as prison mates. zimmerman's documents and apparent legal actions appear to be very encouraging toward these legal outcomes for owners and for ian bruce eichner. in my opinion, eichner remains a free citizen, but not for long. justice will prevail. eichner's empire seems to be crumbling and falling apart.

dickh68 wrote:
I am looking forward to reviewing Mr. Zimmerman’s documents. I was wondering...has anyone spoken to a salesperson to find out what they were instructed to tell their prospective TMC buyers, I.e., us? I would guess that they had pretty much a canned spiel about our opportunity to buy a valuable investment interest in a unique NYC timeshare building (not a worthless interest in a unique “boutique hotel” to be offered to the general public at room charges less than what we are paying). Just a thought.

Chris V.
Mar 06, 2019

hello, who is mr BODOH?

fibon wrote:
Bravo, Att.Zimmerman!

Here are the extracts from the Att. Zimmerman' Doc NO. 13 RECEIVED NYSCEF: 02/19/2019

" Mr. Bodoh seeks to access the information he has requested from TMC in order to: understand why the maintenance fees are so high, and why so many nights are available at hotel aggregator sites while members are denied their preferred dates. He also wants to know why TMC has maintained its restrictive policies on reservations. Further, he wishes to understand the relationship of BlueGreen with TMC. No documents have been made public that actually reveal how BlueGreen has beccme Sponsor, and whether that determination was correct. Finally, there are apparently solicitations by TMC on behalf of BlueGreen to acquire defaulted owners units, but how TMC seeks to address the arrearages and transfer ownership to BlueGreen remains a mystery. These are legitimate questions for which Mr. Bodoh deserves an answer as a TMC member who spent tens of thousands of dollars to acquire and then thousands more to maintain a TMC unit. He intends to relay the answers to these questions to other TMC members so that any of them who feel financially taken advantage of like him can work together with him to take corrective action. Please advise us if you will allow him to access TMC's books and records."

Chris V.
Mar 07, 2019

As an Owner in th MC I would like to receive a copy of the legal documents filed. Also would like to join any legal actions against the "controlling Mgmt" of the MC Thanks, Chuck N.

Chuck N.
Mar 07, 2019

hello chck n41,

here's the contact information of the current attorney, j-m zimmerman, on the TMC law suit. if you want to join his legal proceedings, contact him at the following web site....(copy and paste it into your computer's address bar)

https://www.zimllp.com

it's often difficult to get a response from him in a timely fashion probably due to his other duties, but insist via phone calls or continued emails.

chris

chuckn41 wrote:
As an Owner in th MC I would like to receive a copy of the legal documents filed. Also would like to join any legal actions against the "controlling Mgmt" of the MC Thanks, Chuck N.

Chris V.
Mar 07, 2019

DID YOU THINK YOU BOUGHT A TIMESHARE?????THINK AGAIN. YOU'RE PAYING FOR HOTEL SPACE IN ADDITION TO EXORBITANT MAINTENANCE FEES, CALLED DOUBLE-DIPPING, AND CONSUMER FRAUD, A CRIME.

I SAW THIS TODAY ON THE TMC WEBSITE. COPY AND PASTE THIS ON YOUR COMPUTER'S ADDRESS BAR........

https://manhattanclub.com/nyc-hotel-deals/march-offer/

THE "MARCH OFFER" TO USE OWNERS' RESERVATION TIME FOR NON-OWNERS TO BOOK IN THE MANHATTAN CLUB "HOTEL" PREVENTS OWNERS FROM GETTING THEIR EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO DESIRED RESERVATION TIME. TMC CONTINUES TO PROFIT BIG TIME AT OWNERS' EXPENSE.

THIS FALLS INTO THE CATEGORY OF CONTINUED FRAUD THROWN INTO OWNERS' FACES. DO WE SIT HERE LIKE PAWNS TO BE CAST AWAY BY OVERPOWERING MOVES BY THE CHESS SVENGALI, TMC/IAN BRUCE EICHNER/BLUEGREEN.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Mar 07, 2019 06:50 PM

Mar 07, 2019

Chuckn41,

This is the link to the Zimmerman Law Group's recently filed action against TMC. Just copy and paste it into your browser search bar.

Robert B.
Mar 07, 2019

regarding the Manhattan Club HOTEL website....I looked into room rates for certain dates but, of course, did not book. Next day I received an email from the Manhattan Club offering me free beers and pretzels if I booked a room. Seriously, we should all go and demand free beer and pretzels and have a rowdy time!

Nada N.
Mar 07, 2019

hi paulag122

"Seriously, we should all go and demand free beer and pretzels and have a rowdy time!" great idea.................WHILE WE CAMP OUT ON THE SIDEWALK OF WEST 56 ST MUNCHING STALE PRETZELS AND DRINKING WARM, NO-NAME BREWSKIS ..........BECAUSE A NON-OWNER BOOKED """""OUR""""" ACCOMMODATIONS.

THE JOKE ALWAYS SEEMS TO BE PLAYED ON US VERIFIED OWNERS BY A COMMON, WHITE COLLAR FRAUDULENT CRIMINAL WHO SHOULD BE STAMPING OUT NY STATE LICENSE PLATES, HAVING DINNER ON A TIN PLATE AND RETURNING TO HIS CELL MATES.

paulag122 wrote:
regarding the Manhattan Club HOTEL website....I looked into room rates for certain dates but, of course, did not book. Next day I received an email from the Manhattan Club offering me free beers and pretzels if I booked a room. Seriously, we should all go and demand free beer and pretzels and have a rowdy time!

Chris V.
Mar 07, 2019

I'm curious - when there are bookings by "outside" non owners, where does the money go? Whose account is the money deposited into? Who is doing the accounting for the Manhattan Club? I guess I'm asking , who is in charge at this time - who decides what weeks they can advertise for rent, who decides the nightly rental rate, who is the check from the "renter" payable to???

Gail J.
Mar 07, 2019

wow $148 /night for jr suite and 160/ metro suite.... for under $1000 for 7 nights what a deal!!!!!! and what do we get billed for maintanance per year after shelling out $20,000 to become owners???? Has our ship totally sunk ?? Is the market telling us the real value that our investment has fallen to when anyone walks off the street and stays in OUR suite for the cheapest price in Manhattan? How can anyone continue to pour yearly fees into this bottomless pit???? sid feldman

Sidney F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.