The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Mar 08, 2019

You should take a look at their Facebook page as well: https://www.facebook.com/TheManhattanClub/

I can't believe with all the litigation that has assed and is pending, that the organization still deems it appropriate to advertise their rooms to non owners.

Peg C.
Mar 08, 2019

this reply is to all tmc owners, but especially and currently to GAIL J, SIDNEY F AND PEG C,

we are dealing with a scumbag organization run by criminally fraudulent scumbags who should have been tried, convicted and jailed during past legal proceedings, vis a vis the SETTLEMENT that was nonsensically accepted by the litigator at the time.

who is now in charge at TMC.....ian bruce eicner, bluegreen, a combination of the two, a secret third party? the continuing saga of spewing their venom on us owners goes on. the blatant act of calling our TMC.................... the manhattan club HOTEL is reprehensible; it is not now, nor has it ever been called or classified as a hotel. our documents clearly state we all bought A TIMESHARE. this is fraud and lies as (mis) represented ON TMC'S OWN WEBSITE without legal consequences SO FAR.

BEER AND PRETZELS, ANYONE?

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Mar 08, 2019 07:12 AM

Mar 08, 2019

ANOTHER UPDATE FROM ZIMMERMAN LAW GROUP

Mr. Zimmerman continues to work tirelessly on our behalf - see below - please let me know if you would like these documents e-mailed to you

Good Evening,

We are writing to provide another update regarding our ongoing efforts to inspect TMC’s books and records. As recently indicated, TMC is strenuously fighting these efforts.

These efforts include an action we filed on behalf of David Bodoh in New York State Supreme Court last November to inspect TMC’s member list and its books and records.

In an opinion issued on January 31, 2019, Judge Kotler denied Mr. Bodoh’s inspection requests and dismissed his action. However, in doing so, we believe the Court erroneously overlooked or misapprehended certain facts and law - including allegations of wronging by TMC and BlueGreen – that warrant him being granted the right to inspect he requested.

Consequently, earlier this week we filed the following papers (copies attached hereto) to Renew and Reargue his case:

1. Notice of Motion to Renew and Reargue;

2. Affidavit of Jean-Marc Zimmerman;

3. Exhibits 1-10 to Zimmerman Affidavit;

4. Memorandum of Law; and

5. Proposed Order.

We will keep you apprised of developments in connection with our Motion.

Thanks,

JM Zimmerman

Zimmerman Law Group T: (908) 768-6408 F: (908) 935-0751 E: jmz@tmcsuit.com

Margo R.

Last edited by margor14 on Nov 19, 2021 06:22 AM

Mar 08, 2019

hi peg c29,

you omitted a key word in your comments:

i'll quote, but include the key word, which makes this whole issue reek of lies, fraud and a misnomer* ''......................that the organization still deems it appropriate to advertise their"............HOTEL*.............. "rooms to non owners". simply stated, THE MANHATTAN CLUB is not a HOTEL under any circumstances. it is legally a TIMESHARE, sold to us as such, with no provision of even PART OF IT BEING A HOTEL.

pegc29 You should take a look at their Facebook page as well: https://www.facebook.com/TheManhattanClub/

I can't believe with all the litigation that has assed and is pending, that the organization still deems it appropriate to advertise their rooms to non owners.

Chris V.
Mar 09, 2019

Don't misunderstand me. Of course we got ripped off, and hopefully we will get some relief. But is it in our best interest to have units remain empty? The number of empty units is caused in part by people not paying their maintenance fees, exorbitant as they are. Is it possible to determine where the hotel rental dollars go?

sidneyf6 wrote:
wow $148 /night for jr suite and 160/ metro suite.... for under $1000 for 7 nights what a deal!!!!!! and what do we get billed for maintanance per year after shelling out $20,000 to become owners???? Has our ship totally sunk ?? Is the market telling us the real value that our investment has fallen to when anyone walks off the street and stays in OUR suite for the cheapest price in Manhattan? How can anyone continue to pour yearly fees into this bottomless pit???? sid feldman

William M.
Mar 09, 2019

hello, it is in our best interest to have OFFICIAL, BONA FIDE TMC OWNERS get their desired reservation time and not the bullshi* of getting put on a waiting list. it doesn't take a genius (given TMC/EICHNER/BLUEGREEN's* modus operandi) to answer the question, quote, "Is it possible to determine where the hotel rental dollars go?" notwithstanding the GENIUS FACTOR, check the bank accounts of the TMC PRINCIPALS*. you'll quickly determine where the hotel (READ, OUR TIMESHARE................NOT HOTEL) dollars go.

williamm465 wrote:
Don't misunderstand me. Of course we got ripped off, and hopefully we will get some relief. But is it in our best interest to have units remain empty? The number of empty units is caused in part by people not paying their maintenance fees, exorbitant as they are. Is it possible to determine where the hotel rental dollars go?

sidneyf6 wrote:
wow $148 /night for jr suite and 160/ metro suite.... for under $1000 for 7 nights what a deal!!!!!! and what do we get billed for maintanance per year after shelling out $20,000 to become owners???? Has our ship totally sunk ?? Is the market telling us the real value that our investment has fallen to when anyone walks off the street and stays in OUR suite for the cheapest price in Manhattan? How can anyone continue to pour yearly fees into this bottomless pit???? sid feldman

Chris V.
Mar 09, 2019

This is the link to the newest Zimmerman Law Group's recently filed action against TMC on behalf of TMC timeshare owner, David Bodoh. Just copy and paste it into your browser search bar to read the documents filed on behalf of defrauded TMC owners. I urge all owners to join this effort by contacting Zimmerman Law at (908) 768-6408) or jmz@tmcsuit.com and ask them to represent you. Don't be left out of any financial settlement with TMC, and don't give your unit away for $100!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i3aqjskj0snxrqo/AABgCNoroP6DqyRaEZZJVgP8a?dl=0

Bob Biello

Robert B.
Mar 09, 2019

hi bob,

totally agree.......spoke with zimmerman yesterday and.will be joining him as soon as i get the paperwork........" I urge all owners to join this effort by contacting Zimmerman Law at (908) 768-6408) or jmz@tmcsuit.com and ask them to represent you. Don't be left out of any financial settlement with TMC, and don't give your unit away for $100!".............. hopefully many other interested TMC owners will join zimmerman, as we now both advocate.

chris

robertb1802 wrote:
This is the link to the newest Zimmerman Law Group's recently filed action against TMC on behalf of TMC timeshare owner, David Bodoh. Just copy and paste it into your browser search bar to read the documents filed on behalf of defrauded TMC owners. I urge all owners to join this effort by contacting Zimmerman Law at (908) 768-6408) or jmz@tmcsuit.com and ask them to represent you. Don't be left out of any financial settlement with TMC, and don't give your unit away for $100!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i3aqjskj0snxrqo/AABgCNoroP6DqyRaEZZJVgP8a?dl=0

Bob Biello

Chris V.
Mar 09, 2019

William465,

Think about this..TMC has been operating in deficit for MANY, MANY years which was not a result of owners not paying their maintenance fees. Look back through your annual reports from TMC to confirm this fact. Now, why would TMC be in deficit to the tune of $5M or more year after year? Maybe it had something to do with the MILLIONS that Eichner et al was skimming off the HO Association to pay his shell company to quote “maintain the TMC”. The shell company had ZERO employees and yet the TMC had to pay for maid service, registration staff, concierge services, monthly utilities, etc. Where do you think the money came from to pay for this? The HO Association could not possibly pay these expenses AND PAY EICHNER ET AL THE $6.5M a year he was getting and stay viable. The money from the transient customers will never EVER catch up to the deficit. I don’t care if TMC rented the rooms out for $300/night. Basically, by owners continuing to pay the maintenance fees, you are helping a HOTEL pay their bills without the benefit of the money going into the HO Association fund so The HO Association will never get out of deficit. In order to do that THERE NEEDS TO BE ANOTHER SCAM TO COVER THE LOSSES. And the new scam is to give back your unit so TMC/BLUEGREEN can sell your unit for thousands and thousands of dollars. And you’ll come out with a whopping $100 if you ever get your check. TMC is going down. Save your money and go to a nice hotel that doesn’t cost you $2,000-$3500 a year whether you stay there or not.

williamm465 wrote:

sidneyf6 wrote:

Becky F
Mar 09, 2019

becky, i have come to the conclusion that zimmerman, as our attorney, will address the issue (s) that you so well-describe. for years, ( notwithstanding the amateurish job done by the former ny state attorney general along with the ill-begotten settlement he accepted) we have not had other private legal offers to come to our defense against the criminally fraudulent actions of (at the time) tmc/eichener. now we can add bluegreen to the list of dishonest actions perpetrated against tmc owners. zimmerman has offered owners legal representation, that hopefully many of us will have accepted in the very near future. as differentiated from the nysag outcomes, zimmerman will be working directly and exclusively for tmc owners, and not simply new york state. i acknowledge that i have advocated appealing to the new new york state attorney general, the honorable ms letitia james, and that might still be a viable action. however, my first and primary action now will be to join attorney zimmerman's suit against tmc very soon. joining his lawsuit will not necessarily preclude appealing for action against tmc's criminal consumer fraud by ms james. that still remains a consideration.

becky, your comments are very revealing and to-the-point, which should prompt tmc owners to join zimmerman now, and get the legal ball rolling immediately. the legal process may take some time, but i believe that legally substantial relief to tmc owners will be forthcoming by zimmerman's earnest efforts as our attorney.

Chris

beckyf76 wrote:
William465,

Think about this..TMC has been operating in deficit for MANY, MANY years which was not a result of owners not paying their maintenance fees. Look back through your annual reports from TMC to confirm this fact. Now, why would TMC be in deficit to the tune of $5M or more year after year? Maybe it had something to do with the MILLIONS that Eichner et al was skimming off the HO Association to pay his shell company to quote “maintain the TMC”. The shell company had ZERO employees and yet the TMC had to pay for maid service, registration staff, concierge services, monthly utilities, etc. Where do you think the money came from to pay for this? The HO Association could not possibly pay these expenses AND PAY EICHNER ET AL THE $6.5M a year he was getting and stay viable. The money from the transient customers will never EVER catch up to the deficit. I don’t care if TMC rented the rooms out for $300/night. Basically, by owners continuing to pay the maintenance fees, you are helping a HOTEL pay their bills without the benefit of the money going into the HO Association fund so The HO Association will never get out of deficit. In order to do that THERE NEEDS TO BE ANOTHER SCAM TO COVER THE LOSSES. And the new scam is to give back your unit so TMC/BLUEGREEN can sell your unit for thousands and thousands of dollars. And you’ll come out with a whopping $100 if you ever get your check. TMC is going down. Save your money and go to a nice hotel that doesn’t cost you $2,000-$3500 a year whether you stay there or not.

williamm465 wrote:

sidneyf6 wrote:

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Mar 09, 2019 07:23 PM

Mar 10, 2019

Many of you have never met or spoken to Mr Zimmerman. Let me confirm since I have met and spoken to Jean Marc many times. He is tireless. He cares about justice. He isn’t afraid of the Eichners or the appeals they will no doubt try and use. Sometimes you just need a relentless advocate on your side - and in this complicated situation he is making great progress! If you have not sent him your check yet - do it today. Help us grow so that he can show this court we mean business. I cannot predict how long this will take or what might happen but I do believe he is our best shot. We all at one time signed up for this because TMC gave us something in NYC that excited us. From the moment we signed that paperwork the scam began - the minute that phonebook of bylaws came in the mail I knew I made a big mistake. Over time with the maintenance increases I paid them and felt ashamed of this mistake and felt so taken advantage of. Now I need to make this right again. I will not take 100 and help them sucker another poor soul. No way. Time is UP! Let’s go!!! Join us. Let’s make this right !

CREDIT CARD PAYMENT TO JOIN ACCEPTED !!!!!!!!!

Zimmerman Law Group 233 Watchung Fork Westfield, NJ 07090 T: (908) 768-6408 F: (908) 935-0751 E: jmz@tmcsuit.com

Sue O.

Last edited by sueo79 on Mar 10, 2019 09:08 AM

Mar 10, 2019

sue o

AGREE WITH YOUR WELL-COMPOSED COMMENTS. i will be sending my acceptance and credit card payment to zimmerman before the end of the week.

i hope he will produce even 3/4 of his efforts in TMC owners' behalf.

chris

Chris V.
Mar 10, 2019

Sue, you are absolutely right! I too have spoken to Jean-Marc and he is definitely our BEST shot. He is sending me an agreement which I will be signing and sending back with my payment.

Becky F
Mar 11, 2019

It sounds like the rage is really building and for good cause. BTW, who is Jean-Marc, the attorney in the Zimmerman office handling the matter? My fear is that Eichner and his lawyers have many “connections” with the NY judicial folks. How much does Zimmerman want to join in the action?

Dick H.
Mar 11, 2019

@Dick H. Jean-Marc Zimmerman is the name of the attorney at the Zimmerman Law Group. www.zimllp.com

Robert S.
Mar 11, 2019

What is the cost to join?

Howard F.
Mar 11, 2019

hello, his full name is jean-marc zimmerman. i don't believe that, prior to his appearance on the redweek.com forum, any of us really "knew of him." however, i have seen much satisfactory info from many who have joined his lawsuit. i have spoken with him personally and got good vibes, so much so that i joined his legal efforts to make TMC owners less of the victims we've become at the hands of the criminally responsible TMC/EICHNER AND PERHAPS BLUEGREEN. i'm not a spiritual person, but in this instance, it's my opinion that we need to show some faith in jean-marc. think about it: we're at the point of no return. actually, we're in total limbo as far as retribution from the TMC criminal fraud. i see jean-marc as a viable solution in combatting TMC in court. do you have any other suggestions? if so, please offer them in this redweek.com forum. are we taking a chance depending on jean-marc? definitely, but it's a calculated chance (risk) without other apparent options available to us.

good luck to us all. the force is with us.

chris

dickh68 wrote:
It sounds like the rage is really building and for good cause. BTW, who is Jean-Marc, the attorney in the Zimmerman office handling the matter? My fear is that Eichner and his lawyers have many “connections” with the NY judicial folks. How much does Zimmerman want to join in the action?

Chris V.
Mar 11, 2019

hello,

use the email above to find out the fee to join zimmerman's lawsuit vs TMC/EICHNER AND POSSIBLY BLUEGREEN......or i'll simply add it here:

www.zimllp.com

we hope you'll add to zimmerman's war chest and include yourself as part of the strength in numbers in combatting the criminals at TMC.

howardf62 wrote:
What is the cost to join?

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Mar 11, 2019 11:11 AM

Mar 11, 2019

For those of you considering taking the $100 buyout, I'm afraid to tell you that no one else is going to get any money from TMC. They have been caught with their pants down in their recent attempts to extort the acceptance of $100 token payments to relinquish timeshare ownership in return for forgiveness of maintenance arrears. This is a blatant violation of the Assurance of Discontinuance (AOD), the agreement TMC entered into with the NY attorney general to end his criminal investigation of the company. This ill-advised attempt has already been discontinued, apparently when a TMC attorney woke up and made them stop their improper timeshare buying/selling activity.

This is a partial extract of paragraph 61 of the AOD:,

" 61. Respondents and their agents and employees, including The Manhattan Club Timeshare Association, Inc., shall not engage in any act directly or indirectly relating to the offer, purchase, sale, issuance, advertisement, marketing, promotion, distribution, negotiation, exchange or transfer of any timeshare interest..."

I would suggest that everyone read the Zimmerman Law Group's documents via the DropBox links that I recently posted. After reading the excellent legal arguments and evidence submitted to the court by Zimmerman, decide for yourselves if our case has any merit or chance of succeeding. More and more of us clearly believe it does, and so we encourage everyone to contact the Zimmerman Law Group at (908) 768-6408) or jmz@tmcsuit.com, and ask them to represent you too. Don't be left out of any financial settlement with TMC by failing to get on board.

Bob Biello

Robert B.
Mar 11, 2019

I am in strong support of the zimmerman effort but wish to call your attention to a variety of sub group of owners who may be holding back from joining as their situation is different from the norm. I think a bit of clarification of their potential status and how they would be treated in a potential success needs to be considered so they can evaluate the benifit of joining rather than dropping out of the effort. 1 Some of us purchased ownership shares on the secondary market and didnt pay as much as through the Club.. Same deed/ same share of settlement??? 2 Some have not paid dues for a number of years How would zimmerman view the recoup of this class 3 Some people have multiple deeds. In a family case one penthouse and 2 suites..... also has not paid for a year or two. How much for representation in muti owner situation. If someone has answers please respond, if not ...discussion needs to be brought foward as many have similar issues. Sid.feldman@verizon.net

Sidney F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.