The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Jul 15, 2018

Jeff, I called just about every number associated with Bluegreen and no one seems to know anything about the Manhattan Club. Do you have a telephone number to someone that is in an executive position? You're right, these are board issues and it's about time that something is done. Being here in California is no help. I hope that some owners will be able to attend the board meeting. I couldn't get anything out of the Finance division at TMC either.

Laura H.
Jul 15, 2018

Hello all, my name is Robert Tucker and I am one of five nominee candidates for the three Non-Sponsor positions on the Board. I have been an owner for nine years and decided to run for a seat on the Board so we the owners will finally have a Board member who will truly represent the owners. I am concerned about the increases in management fees, the nine month waiting period for reservations and the details of the so called "sale" to Bluegreen. According to the voting rules established by TMC you MUST vote for all five Nominees by voting for Three "FOR" votes and Two "ABSTAIN" votes. If you don't follow that format your vote will be invalid. Please cast one of your Three "FOR" votes for Robert Tucker.

The TMC Board Meeting is August 9, 2018 at the AMA New York Conference Center, 1601 Broadway 8th Floor New York. Meeting begins at 9:00 a.m. If you can't attend the meeting please vote by proxy before the meeting.

Thank you.

Robert T.
Jul 15, 2018

Dear Jeff: I am unsure about the approach the Zimmerman team is taking? I assume it isn't a 'class action suit'? JIM

Jim M.
Jul 15, 2018

The Zimmerman approach is NOT a class action.

As I understand it, he will try to develop a strategy that takes advantage of the fraudulent inducements and the information that is common to all of the plaintiffs.

His biggest costs will be incurred in winning the first lawsuit, which is why he needs the upfront funding, and I am sure he's hoping that he can develop a systemic, boilerplate approach after that.

I am also sure the Eichner defense team understand this, and they will do whatever they can to foil the first lawsuit.

The problem for the defense is that they've admitted to wrongdoing as part of the AG settlement.

Craig R.
Jul 16, 2018

How do we obtain 'proxy' ballots?

Richard B.
Jul 16, 2018

If you are current on your fees you should have received an email from TMC. Only owners who are current on their fees are allowed to vote per TMC regulations.

Robert T.
Jul 16, 2018

I find it strange that we have heard nothing from the new owner. Has anyone heard anything from them? Jo Ann

Jo Ann O. trembath
Jul 16, 2018

There is no “new owner” yet. Blue Green is supposed to buy unsold inventory from the sponsor (Eichner) now and will purchase the management contract in 2021. I recommend reading the Blue Green press release. Current timeshare owners do not have any relationship with Blue Green yet. I agree some outreach from them would be nice, but it’s probably premature.

Nathan Z.

Last edited by nathanz2 on Jul 16, 2018 06:14 PM

Jul 16, 2018

Best possible case for those who wish to give back their weeks (I am not one): If Bluegreen is buying unsold inventory from TMC, it stands to reason that they would accept any and all givebacks. How they would deal with fees owed on those weeks is a question that should be easily worked out.

William M.

Last edited by williamm465 on Jul 16, 2018 05:21 PM

Jul 16, 2018

I just hope they didn't buy the TMC management contract based on the $6,000,000 charge that Eichner was fraudulently charging the association. That was discovered during the hearings before the Judge when we all learned that Eichner's management company had 0 employees.

Gail J.
Jul 16, 2018

we are up to date but received no email from TMC regarding proxy

Marco M.
Jul 16, 2018

William, if someone is behind on their fees, they cannot simply “give back” their unit. There is a lienholder (either the lender or the condo association) who has to release the Ilen. Perhaps you are familiar with short sales. In any event, it’s not as simple as you make it out to be. And BlueGreen can’t just forgive money owed to the condo association. I doubt even the Board could do that. If there is a forgiveness of debt, it will have to be done properly, including reporting it to the IRS. Good luck with that.

Nathan Z.
Jul 17, 2018

Marcoa, the June 9 email from the MC for the annual meeting has links for voting, including via proxy.

Nathan Z.
Jul 17, 2018

REMINDER!!!! IMPORTANT:Just a reminder for those of you who are interested in attending TMC members board meeting on Aug. 9, 2018, here is the time and location: AMA New York Conference Center, 1601 Broadway (48th and Broadway) 8th floor New York, New York 10019 on August 9, 2018 at 9:00am. 1-800-891- 3570

You need to call TMC and request to receive invitation to attend the meeting. Otherwise, you will be turned away.

BALLOTS!!! I had to email this person to get my official ballot. He is the financial services person that handles the proxy process. Email him and give him your TMC contract # and ask for your proxy to be sent. VOTE FOR ROBERT TUCKER - you must VOTE for all 5 on the sheet - 3 FOR, and 2 Abstain. If you do not Vote all 5 - it won't be counted.

phil.cavero@broadridge.com

Sue O.

Last edited by sueo79 on Jul 17, 2018 08:19 AM

Jul 17, 2018

So is Robert Tucker the only one of our group ( meaning he has no ties to Eichner) who is running? And can we vote for him and abstain from voting for the other 4 or must we vote for 3 and abstain on the other 2 spots? We need to know who the "sponsored" candidates are as those would be the owners/cohorts of Eichner.

Gail J.
Jul 18, 2018

don't seek any form of honesty or transparency concerning this voting issue. we don't even know if/when bluegreen will take over TMC or how they will change/assemble the BOD. we still are stuck in limbo, and i believe that will be our position for the foreseeable future. short of joining a lawsuit with zimmerman, and since eichner has been proven to be an identifiable fraud both local and federal (mail fraud), our legal system has an obligation to take off from where schneiderman left us............as in NOWHERE....... and pursue eichner's further litigation with criminal indictments on a local and federal level.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Jul 18, 2018 07:48 AM

Jul 19, 2018

My suggestion as a former timeshare executive...

Whether it's Bluegreen or another timeshare company, most are dishonest. I applied to work for them in Las Vegas, and I told them that I would not lie under any circumstances. Never got a call back. In fact, they hung up on me.

The TMC lawsuit seems costly, timely, emotionally draining and with no guarantees. I was involved in the class action lawsuit against Sunterra, now owned by Diamond Resorts. It took years, and out of the thousands of dollars they owed me, the lawyers settled and we each received a few hundred dollars. I lost thousands of dollars.

I believe that each one of you has an individual case against TMC, and the result of the OAG's investigation is your backup.

If you own a floating week timeshare at TMC, you should have a deed. That deed indicates your unit, size, and week. If you can prove that you were not allowed to use your timeshare while owning there, you have an open and shut case. If you don't have a deed, than you own nothing. Do whatever you can to convert your floating week into a fixed week. Unfortunately, NYC doesn't much timeshare. Hilton.

Otherwise, get rid of it as you will surely encounter more headaches down the road, or pass them onto your children. You can simply walk away. Nothing anyone can or will do.

I have been to court and won each time - without the use of a lawyer.

Here is what can happen when you file a suit in the local court.

1. They will settle out of court 2. You will show up in the courtroom and they will not show up. You win a judgement and you are legally released from the timeshare 3. They will show up (which is highly unlikely), and you win because you have a strong case against them

If each of you files a lawsuit, they will bogged down with so many lawsuits that they will do anything to get rid of you. They will be forced to settle because they need the deeds back in order for the new management to screw other families.

I have been in this business for 15 years, and developers will ALWAYS follow the money trail.

There is only one place that I would ever purchase another timeshare and that would be Royal Resorts in Cancun. Run by a Brit and an American for many years. You buy a fixed week, and in 30 years, you get all your money back. You get that week every year without any issues. You can also exchange internally. I have several owners who own many weeks there.

Just my opinion, folks.

Good luck to all!

Wayne C.

Last edited by vhines on Jul 25, 2018 07:46 AM

Jul 19, 2018

Buy a timeshare in Mexico and get your money back in 30 years. What could possibly go wrong?

Nathan Z.
Jul 19, 2018

Mr Robinson is correct about the Royal Resorts in Cancun.... almost. In one of their developments There are three physically attached properties The Royal Mayan, Royal Caribbean and Royal Islander. The Mayan was sold, after 30 years to a hotel chain and the owners got back their residuals of about 70% of their investment (in the throes of the real estate meltdown). Now the Caribbean is being sold in a few months. 5 years later the Royal Islander. We've had a great run and relationship with out 4 units (some acquired from folks who wanted out). However, they've now adapted their new developments to offer All inclusive which is causing some quality problems...but there is no availability or rampant inflation of maintenance issues. Sorry that the rest of the industry adopted other business models. The Royals is tops in the industry.

Dennis C.
Jul 19, 2018

Do you own at TMC Waynec192 ?. I hope you do and if not ,note this site is for OWNERS

Howard B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.