Timeshare Exchanges

Finally got rid of my timeshare!

Oct 28, 2013

johnb2353 wrote:
My lawyer negotiated a sale back. Don't try to do it yourself. I tried and got nowhere. But they respond to attorneys. I'd be happy to share my attorney's name if you want to use her. E-mail me at jockwood@hotmail.com

She asked me not to post her name here as she will be flooded with requests.

THIS IS A SCAM !!!!! This is the new scam going around the timeshare industry. Phony attorneys and paralegals claiming they can get you out of your contract or recover money that you have been scammed out of. Attorneys are not allowed to solicit business this way. Report them to the bar association for this violation.

These scammers just want your upfront money and they will promise you anything to get it. Ask them for their physical address........ not a website, telephone number or a drop box for thier mail. Follow up and use google and you will find out that they are either a mail drop box or a home address. Once they have your money there is no way to find them to get your money back once it's gone.

You can do all the leg work yourself that they claim they will do for an " ufront fee ". I successfully gave back two timeshares through a " deed back " two years ago. I just simply contacted my home resorts and explained my situation and asked them to take them back before I would dispose of them on my own. They both accepted and it only cost me a small fee for filing the paperwork. I just had to be current with all maintenance fees and assessments.

Don't get involved with these scammers. Simply ask a few questions and they will disappear once they realize that you will not be scammed. NEVER PAY ANYONE MONEY UPFRONT TO SELL, RENT OR GET YOU OUT OF YOUR TIMESHARE CONTRACT !!!!!!!!!!!

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Oct 28, 2013 07:35 AM

Oct 28, 2013

johnb2353 wrote:
My lawyer negotiated a sale back. Don't try to do it yourself. I tried and got nowhere. But they respond to attorneys. I'd be happy to share my attorney's name if you want to use her. E-mail me at jockwood@hotmail.com

don is right on the money ..... there's no way any lawyer can get you out of a legally binding, and signed by you, contract UNLESS fraud can be PROVEN in the written contract (not what a timeshare person may have told you verbally).

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Oct 28, 2013 08:01 AM

Oct 28, 2013

There is no need to prove fraud. My attorney negotiated a buy-back. I have the recorded deed transfer paperwork, and received a check from the timeshare for the sales price we agreed upon.

The deal is done and I do not any longer own the timeshare. The final proof is that the annual maintenance fees were not charged to my credit card in September.

John B.

Last edited by johnb2353 on Oct 28, 2013 03:31 PM

Oct 28, 2013

Also, I have referred others to this same attorney and they have had the same successful results. A timeshare is something you own. You have a right to sell it anytime. The problem is that the market right now is flooded with people trying to sell them. So, the quickest route is an experienced attorney who knows how to negotiate with them. My attorney did not take a full fee and disappear. The deal was done.

John B.

Last edited by johnb2353 on Oct 28, 2013 03:36 PM

Oct 29, 2013

johnb2353 wrote:
A timeshare is something you own. You have a right to sell it anytime. The problem is that the market right now is flooded with people trying to sell them

I totally agree! But if the market is flooded with resales right now and some people can't even give their timeshare away, why would the resort pay you for it back? Some people are asking the resorts if they will take the units back. Some resorts are saying "No", while others may accept if the owner pays the resort closing costs and possibly the next year's maintenance fees.

So if the resort where you owned is paying you for your unit, then it must have good resale value. Unfortunately, over 90% of the units out there have little or zero resale value. If that is the case, I doubt the resorts are going to pay these owners money for the timeshare unit back.

So it's possible that you are recommending an attorney who claims that he or she will actually get the resort to pay an owner for his unit when most resorts are charging to take units back, if they even take them back at all.

So where did your unit fit into this equation?

Lance C.
Oct 29, 2013

johnb2353 wrote:

Looks to me like this is an advertisement for a scam and johnb is the bogus attorney = shill. One more time there is no way on earth that any attorney can getone out of a legally binding contract unless fraud was involved, PERIOD.

R P.
Oct 29, 2013

Johnb2353 IS A SCAM !!!! The Attorney General's Office is interested in his scam and I forwarded his posts to them to follow up. They will contact him as a perspective customer and everything he communicates will be used against him and the phony attorney.

Don P.
Oct 29, 2013

johnb2353 wrote:
There is no need to prove fraud. My attorney negotiated a buy-back. I have the recorded deed transfer paperwork, and received a check from the timeshare for the sales price we agreed upon.

The deal is done and I do not any longer own the timeshare. The final proof is that the annual maintenance fees were not charged to my credit card in September.

There is no money given to the owner in a deed back. This is an out right SCAM !!!!!

Don P.
Oct 30, 2013

The money is for recording fees. The transaction is not a scam. The timeshare is no longer mine. I am not being billed for maintenance fees any longer. This was a legal transaction. I have nothing more to say.

donp196 wrote:
johnb2353 wrote:

There is no money given to the owner in a deed back. This is an out right SCAM !!!!!

John B.
Oct 30, 2013

SHILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've warned everyone not to get involved with your scam. Anyone contacting you deserves to lose their hard earned money. This is the new scam in the timeshare industry. Scammers claiming to be attorneys or paralegals claiming they can recover your money or get you out of your contract for a " fee ". NEVER pay anyone money upfront for anything connected to your timeshare !!!!

Anyone desperate enough to contact these scammers demand to know their physical address and you will find out it's a mail drop box that they hide behind so you can't track them down when they disappear with your hard earned money.

If Jonb is just a customer then why is he so persistant in pushing this attorney. The answer is simple he's a SCAMMER and he's trying to isolate his victims so they can't be influenced by the rest of us to avoid his scam. Don't be a fool and ignore his scam.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Oct 30, 2013 03:32 PM

Oct 31, 2013

Don -- For the last time, this is not a scam. I successfully deeded my timeshare back with the assistance of an experienced, licensed attorney. A real attorney who works in a real office, not out of a mail drop box. The only reason I have been sharing my success story is so that other frustrated timeshare owners can get out of their time share ownership. Mind you, I tried to do it myself and was given endless reasons why I had to be put on a waiting list to deed back. I knew that was nonsense, and so I went to an attorney who found out that, in fact, there is no "waiting list" and my attorney got the deal done in a matter of weeks. That is the story. And if I can help others who have had the same frustrations I did, I am happy to. I am beginning to wonder if you work for a timeshare.

John B.

Last edited by johnb2353 on Oct 31, 2013 06:35 AM

Oct 31, 2013

I'm retired from over 25 years in law enforcement and I am a member of the National Timeshare Owners Association and my only purpose in here is to warn people to avoid scammers like you. You can go through the forums in here and see how many people myself, Jayjay, Lance and others have kept from being scammed. I caught right onto your scam instantly.

You are steering people to your email to isolate them from the forum and gain their confidence. Once you gain their confidence you will claim to refer them to an attorney. That is either you or another scammer. You will then claim that you need money upfront to proceed with thier case.

Once you get their money you will put them off until you eventually disappear all together with their money. This is the newest scam going around the timeshare industry.

Don't worry John I will never go away. I will continue to post right aftrer you every time you come back. I consider this my volunteer work for the NTOA. We want to clean the timeshare industry of scammers like you.

Don P.
Oct 31, 2013

Don-- You have made assumptions here that are not correct. I will repeat one more time: 1. I successfully deeded back my timeshare with the use of an attorney. 2. My attorney DID NOT take my money and disappear. The deal was done.

I have do not doubt that there are scams here. I almost fell into one myself, where I was assured my timeshare would be taken off my hands and donated to a charitable cause. It turns out their deals do not go through. I also worked with a timeshare real estate broker who claimed three times he had a buyer for me. The potential buyers all disappeared.

I finally took the matter to a lawyer, and the deal was done.

Simple as that. It's admirable that you are looking out for scammers. I am NOT one of them. I am simply an owner who became frustrated with the scams perpetrated by a particular timeshare, and decided to get out. There are many frustrated owners of timeshares. It is not a clean industry by any means. I suspect you know that.

John B.

Last edited by johnb2353 on Oct 31, 2013 09:53 AM

Oct 31, 2013

I can't understand why you are pushing your scam so hard unless you are benefitting from it by ripping people off. You claim you are just sharing your story yet you keep insisting that people contact you so you can steer them to your scam trap.

If a resort is " buying " back property than nobody needs an attorney to assist them. Just contact the resort and make arrangement to make the deal.

I will garantee that your " attorney " will require an " upfront fee " to handle the case. Since you stated that you got money back from the sale then why would an attorney ask for money " upfront " unless it's a SCAM. Obviously because it's not a real attorney.

Anyone dumb enough to get invloved with you and your scam deserves to lose their hard earned money.

One thing is for certain. I will not go away and I will continue to post right after you and warn people to avoid your scam operation.

Don P.
Oct 31, 2013

Don,

Wrong. The particular resort was not buying back property. It was putting people on waiting lists to sell back their properties. And guess what? The waiting list lasted forever. I paid a lot of money for this particular timeshare. And the annual maintenance fees rose dramatically year after year. And it became impossible to get time at the timeshare. That all added up to a lot of money for nothing. So of course I got frustrated and found an attorney to handle the matter. Many others are in the same position. And yes, I am simply sharing my story in case anyone else needs similar help. It took me awhile to maneuver out. FINALLY, a few people I referred to my attorney had their timeshares deeded back successfully in a short amount of time at this particular timeshare. Again, there are many scams in this industry. I am NOT one of them.

John B.
Oct 31, 2013

SCAM !!!!!!!!!!

Don P.
Oct 31, 2013

I am flattered that I am being followed. However, I have told a truthful story and am not going to restate it.

John B.
Oct 31, 2013

The answer is simple. My timeshare was not taking units back. They would only promise to put me on a "waiting list" of people who wanted to deed them back. That was nonsense. The waiting list would get to my name years from now. I got disgusted and hired a competent attorney.

John B.
Dec 14, 2013

I owned two units at the Marriot ocean club, I think it was a bad investment. IThe TRUTH it is OVERSOLD . I purchased two units , platinum week , to spend it in Aruba and with 13 months in advance, it was imposible to get a reservation. Its not fair. someone should sue Marriott for misleading people.

Catalina R.
Dec 15, 2013

Evidently you purchased floating weeks .... if you had purchased fixed weeks then this would not be an issue.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.