Ask RedWeek

Right Choice Transfer Co.???

Sep 14, 2013

Right Choice Transfer (RTC) wants $3,988 to take over my timeshare, has anyone dealt or know of this company? Do you think this amount is too high? My maintenance fees are $654 every 2 years, I own an even year timeshare in Atlantic City, NJ.

Ermel A.
Sep 14, 2013

These types of entities are scams .... they say they'll take your timeshare but they won't ..... it will still be in your name and you will still be responsible for all fees involved BUT they will have your $3,988. Have you tried listing your timeshare for rent or sell here?

BTW, they say they've been in business for 10 years yet their webpage was developed this year (2013) ..... a lie = a big red flag.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Sep 14, 2013 08:36 AM

Sep 14, 2013

Jayjay....... Ermela is the same shill that posted in another thread that she used another company to transfer titles years ago. SHILL ALERT !!!!

Don P.
Sep 14, 2013

I am not a shill, I can provide proof, if needed.

Ermel A.
Sep 14, 2013

Then why are you in different threads asking for transfer companies if you are raving about how good the one you used is ? SHILL !!

Don P.
Sep 15, 2013

I agreed to hear presentation to find out the price. I wanted to see who was the cheapest to go with.

Ermel A.
Sep 16, 2013

ermela wrote:
Right Choice Transfer (RTC) wants $3,988 to take over my timeshare, has anyone dealt or know of this company? Do you think this amount is too high? My maintenance fees are $654 every 2 years, I own an even year timeshare in Atlantic City, NJ.

Here's something that's a little puzzling. In one thread you're asking about this company and whether you should use it. In another thread, you're touting how wonderful this company was to work with?

If you already did a deal with this company, why are you asking about its services and price?

Lance C.
Sep 16, 2013

That price was a generic price, my actual price would be $1,995 for my timeshare, and I would receive free membership to some vacation club to allow me to vacation at a timeshare of over 6,000 timeshares at a fraction of my maintenance fee(a corporate rate). I told them I would think about it and get back to them in a few days, they said OK, no problem.

Ermel A.
Sep 17, 2013

ermela wrote:
That price was a generic price, my actual price would be $1,995 for my timeshare, and I would receive free membership to some vacation club to allow me to vacation at a timeshare of over 6,000 timeshares at a fraction of my maintenance fee(a corporate rate). I told them I would think about it and get back to them in a few days, they said OK, no problem.

Yeah right, and I suppose you believe in the 'tooth fairy'. If you buy this bs then you get what you deserve.

R P.
Sep 17, 2013

ermela wrote:
That price was a generic price, my actual price would be $1,995 for my timeshare.

Well now I am going to assume that you haven't actually gone ahead with this proposal even though another post of yours said that you already did.

If that is so, I would be careful with such companies, especially when they charge "only" $1995. Some charities actually take your deed but charge closer to $3000. Some Post card companies (PCCs) charge about $3000 and up but only do the Power of Attorney (POA) trick.

Any charge less than that and the company is likely to do what many in timeshare circles call the "Viking Ship" operation. Owners who use this type of service can face consequences down the road.

If you're serious about getting rid of your timeshare, then try advertising it on resale websites that you want to give it away. That will cost less than $1995.

Lance C.
Sep 17, 2013

I haven't agreed to this yet, but I think I will keep the timeshare at least another year, thanks for advice from all! How can I check to see if this company (RCT) is legit or not? They claim they were rated 318 on 500inc website.

Ermel A.
Sep 18, 2013

ermela wrote:
How can I check to see if this company (RCT) is legit or not? They claim they were rated 318 on 500inc website.

Where did you hear this claim? Did they telemarket to you unexpectedly? That's usually a scam. Also, a lot of scam outfits try to convince you they are legit by saying they have a good rating with the BBB, OBB, etc.

Since you say that you plan to keep your timeshare at least another year, my suggestion would be to keep reading forums like these and you will soon discover what scams are out there and how to spot them regardless of what name they use.

You will also find better ways to rid yourself of ownership if/when the time comes.

Lance C.
Sep 18, 2013

ermela wrote:
I haven't agreed to this yet, but I think I will keep the timeshare at least another year, thanks for advice from all! How can I check to see if this company (RCT) is legit or not? They claim they were rated 318 on 500inc website.

Any entities that claim they can rid you of your timeshare and they require an upfront fee are all scams, period.

R P.
Oct 23, 2013

Right Choice Transfer claims to be located in Torrance, CA. However, they're not registered with the Secretary of State or the Department of Real Estate:

http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/

http://www2.dre.ca.gov/PublicASP/pplinfo.asp?start=1

Also, they share an address with three companies that are currently involved in a variety of government actions, which you can research by following the link below:

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2013/06/docs/130606timesharechartactions.pdf

On page three you will find Vacation Smart International, and on page four you will find Donate Title AKA Resort Member's Association. They're both involved in an ongoing investigation in Connecticut.

Again on page three you will find Transfer Smart, LLC who has been given a final order by the State of California to desist and refrain because, and I quote:

"Engaging in acts that violate the California Business and Professions Code, including assuming to act as a real estate broker without a license relating to resale of timeshare."

All of these companies are run by the same people, and located in Torrance, CA.

P.S.

That link to the FTC spreadsheet is a good place to start if you want to find out if a company is trustworthy. Also, if you type into Google "[Insert state here] corporation search" it should take you right to the state site that keeps records of all in-state corporations or limited liability corporations. You can see there if they're even registered, and what the status of their license is if it exists.

J V.
Aug 22, 2015

Has anyone had any experience with Real Choice Transfer? They claim that they will provide a no cost timeshare ownership exit program. 2G2BT?

Lee R.
Aug 22, 2015

NEVER pay anyone money upfront to get rid of your timeshare. It's a SCAM !! All they want is your upfront money.

Don P.
Aug 22, 2015

leer123 wrote:
Has anyone had any experience with Real Choice Transfer? They claim that they will provide a no cost timeshare ownership exit program.

I wonder how much this "no-cost" program will cost you. Companies usually don't do services for free.

If you want an "exit program", have you tried contacting the resort to see if it will take your unit back? It might ask you to pay closing costs plus perhaps the next maintenance fee. You can also try advertising your unit here on RedWeek and say that you are willing to give it away. If you're dead serious about giving it away, maybe offer to pay closing costs and even the next maintenance fee.

Lance C.
Aug 22, 2015

I don't know about Right Choice, but I have used Group Wise from Pa. Look them up. It's been about 5 years now, and so far so good, they send you a copy of transfer title when it is done.

Ermel A.
Aug 23, 2015

NEVER pay anyone money upfront to get rid of your timeshare. It's a SCAM !! All you will lose is your hard earned money.

Don P.
Aug 23, 2015

BBB rating of Group Wise Inc..........http://www.bbb.org/pittsburgh/business-reviews/timeshare-companies/groupwise-inc-in-hermitage-pa-4000347/

Ermel A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.