General Discussion

Magens Point Resort

Aug 03, 2017

We obtained special law firm that deals with timeshare terminations. Finn Law Firm LLC, located in Florida. Google the name and you get the website. The attorneys told us not to pay any fees and all correspondence is to be referred to the attorney. They are working to terminate our membership. BTW, we never got any notification about filing for bankruptcy in 2012. Hold your ground people, get the attorney.

Regards, Maureen

Maureen R.
Aug 30, 2017

I supposedly have a judgement against me and he's claiming a collection attorney in my state is right around the corner. Could this be true?

Craig O.
Aug 31, 2017

That's great Maureen!! I have tried several avenues, but no success and some of the atty's wanted outlandish amounts of money. Many of the online services to help you dissolve our contracts are scammers.

Best of success.

NotMyTimeshare
Aug 31, 2017

Get in touch with Christie140 (scroll back through the messages). I have been in touch with her and the attorney she mentions in this thread:

"The U.S.V.I. Dept of licensing and consumer affairs has become involved due to numerous complaints by members. All court cases had a motion of stay placed last summer. (2016) we are still waiting to hear the end result of the investigation. I hear another special assessment was just mailed out. Last I had heard they were unable to produce any contracts from members. Once I hear any new info I will be forwarding info to the membership group email."

NotMyTimeshare
Sep 17, 2017

The place is a dump! I got a letter from them asking for $4,500 to get out of a contract, that l never wanted to be in. I have know idea how they are in business?

Joey C.

Last edited by joeyc29 on Sep 17, 2017 06:19 AM

Jan 16, 2018

I was able to beat them at their own game without a lawyer. I responded to their summons explaining the issue and US Court Law. Magens Bay requested an extension. They got the extension and two months later their case was dimissed by the court. Just make sure to fill out the court documents and track your paperwork. Cost me $12.00 to beat their lawsuit for fees from over 10-15 years ago. The statue of limitations is 7 years. I spoke with John Jureidini and he’s a jerk. Don’t let him intimidate you.

Raphael R.
May 29, 2019

Has anyone else received a letter from Flamboyan on the Bay regarding the former Magens Bay Resort? They are threating to bring my case to court (again) but they are willing to settle for 30% off of what is owed, which they conveniently omit.

Don W.
May 29, 2019

Read the forum.. Do your research..They are crooks , i wouldn't give them a penny. You got to look at you situation and compare it ..How long ago was it that you paid on your timeshare? How long have you had it? Have you ever used it? Was it paid off? What are they asking for? ......I beat my case and didn't cost me a penny.

Mark R.
May 29, 2019

They are crooks for sure. Get in touch with Ann Cecile O'neill <Cecile.Oneill@dlca.vi.gov> at the Department of Licensing and Consumer Affairs (DLCA) and 'Christie & Derrick Smith' <christie.derrick@sbcglobal.net> and Kim Lane <klane1l@bellsouth.net>. Ms. O'neill is the attorney assigned to the case and the more members we can gather the stronger we are as a unified team. The Shelby's shouldn't be allowed to continue in business. Christie and Kim are fabulous resources and have an ongoing email chain. They also have information regarding court cases and collections.

Best of success.

NotMyTimeshare
May 29, 2019

What was your process to close out the case?

NotMyTimeshare
Sep 26, 2019

Yes I keep getting them from some guy John at flamboyan that they’re going to sue me.

Melissa C.

Last edited by melissac768 on Sep 26, 2019 02:23 PM

Sep 27, 2019

Yeah they are up to their tricks again. They just sent me something from another persons court case saying they can now sue again. I don’t think John read the order because it says they have to be in good standing with the DLCA before they can take any action. I doubt they are but nonetheless file a complaint on their website https://secure.dlca.vi.gov//Asps/complaint/AddComplaint.aspx?Busseq

Raphael R.
Sep 27, 2019

Thanks Christie ......

Edward R.
Sep 28, 2019

We are still fighting this as a group. I am asking everyone to also file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. The website is FTV.gov. Look for: file a complaint, click “other” option, Page 2 of “other option “ offers a selection for timeshare sells. Click this one and file. Complaints in large numbers make a difference. Please email me if you are already not in my thread. And yes as Raphael stated. For those who have their stay of motion lifted it does say they cannot do anything until they are in good standing with the DLCA, which has been confirmed that they are NOT. Looks like another scare tactic to collect more money. Has anybody seen the resort? Last I heard as of this summer it was rubble. #strength-in-numbers

Christie S.

Last edited by christie140 on Sep 28, 2019 06:06 PM

Oct 03, 2019

Please add my email magivamdduffy@gmail.com to your list.

Don W.
Oct 03, 2019

Hi Don, Please reach out to me so I can get you added to the list. Shoot me an email at <Christie.derrick@sbcglobal.net>

Christie S.
Nov 01, 2019

Like everyone else I am tired of the Shelby's lies. There is absolutely no reason to throw good money after the bad. I bought the timeshare in '93. It was lovely then. There is absolutely no way they will get the resort up and running again. They were inept and dishonest, no matter how well the rest of the Island was doing. I've paid "special assessments" over and over again. I have filed a complaint with the DLCA and FTC and joined Christie's group email. I urge everyone else to do the same.

Laurie
Nov 07, 2019

I got this in my email today. I can't believe the resort is looking "fantastic"

We would like to extend our heartfelt thanks of those of you that have come through and complied with both your yearly fees and the assessment. We and our staff greatly appreciate it.

The resort is looking fantastic! We will be launching our new website, a labor of love, on November 15, 2019. The construction of the sight took months to come together. Day of redefining corporate philosophies to showcase our commitment to this resort. If, more than anything else, tells the story how we rose from the ashes and fought loss and tragedy to reach the final goal of reconstructing our resort. Lots of pictures are include in the new website.

The rebuilding of the resort would not have happened without your encouragement and support along with our dedicated staff. Our staff has worked around the clock, sometimes seven days a week, to ensure that we can welcome you back in January, 2020.

To those of you who still have not paid, please contact Viola Morton at 340-777-6000 ext. 508 or viola@flamboyanresortvi.com. Please be advised that if all dues are not paid in full by November 15, 2019, you will not be able to use, trade or bank your weeks in 2020, and will be subject to having your membership cancelled. We will be pursuing all legal means to collect outstanding member fees and assessments. We and our staff look forward to seeing you on St. Thomas in the near future.

Sincerely, Michael and Mercedes Shelby

Laurie
Nov 07, 2019

I filed a complaint with the FTC today i should have filed sooner. I was looking at reviews on trip advisior and i see Laura P reviews it 2 to 3 times a month with great reviews i wonder who she really is lol good luck everyone

Edward R.
Nov 07, 2019

You might want to file a complaint with the DLCA too. https://secure.dlca.vi.gov/license/Asps/complaint/AddComplaint.aspx?Busseq. I can't believe they haven't been shut down.

Laurie

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.