Timeshare Companies

Has anyone used HELP4TSO

Feb 14, 2019

Your 91, often identical messages, on these forums clearly indicate you are being paid by someone. Who is doing the pushing? you are, 91 times and counting. How big is you retainer?

and kudo's to robertw577 too

robertw577 wrote: So Mr. donp196 it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

and from saram280

Now I get it Donp196 you are advertising your own business...... Explain to me how I am a scammer? Come correct or don't come at all. You don't know me, you don't know the HELL my family went thru. Your post and reply to me brought me to tears after I read that you are on here to get business yourself. Do you post stuff like this often? If you read about Don and Sharon Morrison in the Orlando Sentinel that was released 3 days ago you will see my credibility. I don't wish anything negative upon you. I just hope that people read what a nasty temper you have. Looks like the real you just came out. You replied to my honest question acting like you were trying to protect REDWEEK members.....Seems more like you are a drug dealer trying to protect your turf

Roger F.

Last edited by rogerf39 on Feb 14, 2019 08:33 AM

Feb 14, 2019

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!! Once they have your money they disappear with it . Why on earth would anyone give a total stranger you " heard about " on the internet thousands of dollars of your hard earned money on just a promise . I don't pay people until they performed their service . Only a FOOL would pay thousands of dollars upfront to a company they never heard of before . A FOOL and his money are soon parted . Then ask yourself why someone who was just a " satisfied customer " would fight so hard to push this SCAM company .

Don P.
Feb 14, 2019

It is not my job to "defend" Don P., who I do not know personally and who can certainly speak for himself, but it is my understanding that he is retired from law enforcement and is a former timeshare owner who successfully managed, with some admirable persistence, to get all of his former resorts to accept "deedbacks" --- without ever considering paying even a single penny to any so called "exit / relief / escape / rescue" parasite operation.

Accordingly, it is both very childish and entirely inappropriate to initiate personal attacks or accusations against the man for merely sharing his personal experience and advice. After all, he gains absolutely no benefit or monetary gain of any sort by simply cautioning people to not throw away their hard earned money to no productive end. For that effort, he deserves recognition and gratitude --- not unfounded personal attacks and / or false accusations or inane, bogus speculations about his motives. That's inappropriate CRAP, plainly and simply stated.

Believe it or not, some people try to help others when they can --- without outstretched palms or a hidden agenda or a profit motive.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 17, 2019 05:15 AM

Feb 14, 2019

I consider it a compliment to get called names by scammers . I spent a career putting criminals in jail . These scammers deserve to be charged if they are ripping people off for their hard earned money . It's an honor to expose them in public forums . They make their money by steering their victims out of the public forum where they isolate them and convince them to fork over thousands of dollars .

I have never taken one penny from anyone in the timeshare industry . I have seen the industry change over the years unfortunately for the worse . Corporate greed took over and people just want an honest exit plan .

Many companies have realized that need and are now accepting deed backs on a case to case basis . What bothers me is the low lives that prey on people who don't know how to do it themselves .

Let's keep the forum free of scammers .

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Feb 14, 2019 12:57 PM

Feb 15, 2019

Totally agree with you. Let's keep this forum free of scammers. You clearly believe everyone is automatically 100% guilty of being a scammer if you say so. Facts do not appear enter into the equation. You keep accusing me of being a scammer when I have offered to provide a sworn affidavit to my positive experience. I have the solid evidence on my side and have zero ties to the timeshare industry. In my opinion a lawyer making libelous statements about me is totally un-American.

So, let's evaluate facts and data first and keep this forum free of scammers.

Roger F.
Feb 15, 2019

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract . The major statement that Roger made that absolutely says SCAM is that they refunded him money. They NEVER refund money !!!

That's the BS line they tell everyone and then they string them along until the period to dispute the charge has expired . Anyone who pays someone they " heard about " on the internet money before any services are provided deserves to lose their hard earned money .

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Feb 15, 2019 08:04 PM

Feb 16, 2019

rogerf39 wrote:
Facts do not appear enter into the equation......I have offered to provide a sworn affidavit to my positive experience. In my opinion a lawyer making libelous statements about me is totally un-American.

So, let's evaluate facts and data.

By all means, let's do so. Your offer to "provide" a sworn affidavit is meaningless (as you surely know). There is no mechanism or possibility for you to provide a "sworn affidavit" to these RedWeek forums in the first place, so your "offer" is really just empty words. Likewise for the (alleged) "refund check" you claim (with no substantiation) to have received. If you got a refund check from an upfront fee "exit" operation, you would very likely be the first (and only) person in history to have ever done so. That is simply not the m.o. of those types of parasite operations.

What you CAN do (and I hereby openly challenge you to do so) is to simply post the official County records book and page of the allegedly "transferred" deeds achieved by your upfront fee "exit" magicians. Recorded deeds are public information, very easily accessed and viewed by anyone on earth with Internet access who is interested enough to look at those retrievable public records.

....But I'm sure there is some contrived reason why you can't and / or won't actually provide these easily verifiable facts.

By the way, libel is a actionable legal offense --- aside from whether you consider it "totally un-American". Libel is, in essence, defamation by written words,- published with malice and resulting in demonstrable damage of some kind to identified person(s). If you somehow think that people openly expressing doubt about the accuracy of unsubstantiated claims made by (anonymous and unidentified) persons in a Internet discussion forum constitutes "libel", rest assured that you are quite mistaken. If you believe otherwise, by all means pursue a civil lawsuit alleging libel.

In the end, as previously stated, people are free to believe whomever they choose to believe. I for one simply just do not believe you.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 17, 2019 11:35 AM

Feb 16, 2019

Here is the record book information. Summit county Utah

2 Marriott properties, fixed Bronze period.

Incidentally I also have the image of the deposited and cleared check returning my Payment for the 2 properties they failed to transfer. Wish I had a way to post that image too.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ You searched for: exact search in NameID for Foreman and SerialNumDocID = swpc-1a-2303

4 items found, displaying all items.1 Description Summary Add All to My Images Warranty Deed 00793770 B: 1823 P: 373 10/13/2006 10:20:00 AM Related: SWPC-1A-2303 From: ANDERSON ELIZABETH To: FOREMAN ROGER J TRUSTEE, FOREMAN NAOMA R TRUSTEE Subd: SUMMIT WATCH AT PARK CITY CONDO & PH 1A AMENDED Uni... View Image Add to My Images Warranty Deed 00793771 B: 1823 P: 375 10/13/2006 10:20:00 AM Related: SWPC-1A-2303 From: ANDERSON ELIZABETH To: FOREMAN ROGER J TRUSTEE, FOREMAN NAOMA R TRUSTEE Subd: SUMMIT WATCH AT PARK CITY CONDO & PH 1A AMENDED Uni... View Image Add to My Images Warranty Deed 01048132 B: 2359 P: 0026, ... 06/23/2016 02:19:32 PM Related: SWPC-1A-2303 From: FOREMAN ROGER J TRUSTEE, FOREMAN NAOMA R TRUSTEE To: WATKINS BRANDY Subd: SUMMIT WATCH AT PARK CITY CONDO & PH 1A AMENDED Uni... View Image Add to My Images Warranty Deed 01048148 B: 2359 P: 0061, ... 06/24/2016 09:26:08 AM Related: SWPC-IA-2303, SWPC-1A-2303 From: FOREMAN ROGER J TRUSTEE, FOREMAN NAOMA R TRUSTEE To: LANDERS MICHAEL Subd: SUMMIT WATCH AT PARK CITY CONDO & PH 1A AMENDED Uni... View Image

Roger F.

Last edited by rogerf39 on Feb 16, 2019 10:26 AM

Feb 16, 2019

Will be happy to send you a copy of the cancelled check.

Roger F.
Feb 17, 2019

I frankly don't think that there are many (if any) "worthless" Marriott timeshares, so it's certainly not much of an accomplishment for anyone to find a new home for one (or two). If you paid someone to do that for you, that was your personal choice and prerogative, but it likely was never actually necessary.

If you had offered those Marriott weeks on the "Bargain Deals" section of Timeshare Users Group (there is no cost to do so), they would likely have been snapped up within a day by Marriott fans / owners over there.

I'm sure that your "exit magicians" made a pretty penny on you, collecting whatever you voluntarily paid them "upfront" plus whatever they got for the resale of those Marriott weeks --- with very little additional effort or expense on their part.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 17, 2019 06:01 AM

Feb 17, 2019

Thank you for acknowledging that Help4tso were successful in disposing of the timeshares.

Your advice on TUG and Redweek is good and definitely the way to start if the resorts will not consider deed-backs.

In my case I tried for 6 months on various sites to sell for $1 - Not a bite. Even Marriott, who said they would credit any timeshare owner with points in exchange for enrolling in their Destinations program, refused when I tried to enroll. They said the transfer offer specifically did not apply to the Bronze weeks that were sold at Summit Watch.

So for less than the $1550 annual fee, Help4tso got the timeshares off my hands in 8 months.

By the way, 2 bronze Summit Watch timeshares have been on TUG for 2 months for $1. Obviously not snapped up within a day.

As to my 2 remaining unsold Scottsdale Camelback units, I listed them for a year on TUG at $0.99 and did not get a nibble. Fortunately the monies that H4tso refunded allow me to take my time and try again to again sell by myself.

As a side note, in the early 90's I occasionally bought and sold timeshare weeks and timeshares when there was a thriving market on e-bay. I had great vacations. Now the way to go is rentals on Airbnb, Redweek, TUG, or e-bay. No long term commitment, no unavailable exchanges, and infinite selection.

Roger F.
Feb 17, 2019

Where can I send you the copy of the refund check I received?

The real scam these days is the huge corporations selling timeshares and vacation points at ridiculous prices with the usual eternal annual "maintenance" fees. This will then feed the scammers who will claim they can get you out of your commitments. The difference from the past is that the new contracts are probably iron-clad as far as outs go.

Roger F.
Feb 17, 2019

rogerf39 wrote:
Thank you for acknowledging that Help4tso were successful in disposing of the timeshares.

For the record, I did no such thing.

You posted some deed transfer information. It's great that you were able to transfer ownership of two unwanted Marriott timeshares. That being said however, nothing within any of that deed transfer info suggests, indicates or confirms that your endorsed "exit magicians" were involved or responsible in any way for finding new owners for those timeshares. If you gave them away yourself or sold them yourself for a penny, the exact same information would be reflected in that deed info. Also, the information posted does not confirm whether the new "grantees" are even real, actual people or perhaps just fabricated names created out of thin air by a "Viking Ship" operation, an act which (although not uncommon) would constitute willful and actionable (and criminal) fraud, but fraud which unfortunately takes some time to discover and unravel and deal with.

It is relevant to note here that in most states, with only a very few exceptions, only the seller (grantor) has to affix a notarized signature to a new deed before its' official recording. The buyer (grantee) signature(s) need not be notarized and no "grantee" identity verification occurs at all, except later (i.e., after recording) by the "chain" (or by the independent resort, as applicable). Viking Ship operations do great harm in conducting what is plainly outright fraud (a criminal offense, by the way). I am not implying or stating that this is what occurred in your particular instance; I am merely pointing out that this particular form of fraud is routinely (but ultimately seldom successfully) attempted by "Viking Ship" operators.

I agree with you that greedy corporate timeshare developers are largely responsible for the sorry state and deservedly poor reputation of the timeshare industry today. Their sales weasels sell "sizzle with no steak" on a daily basis to a gullible and unwary public --- for tens of thousands of dollars with no exit strategy or options, even though they know (...but do not care one bit) that the product they are selling may very well be literally worthless before the ink on their sales contract is even dry. Some would call that "capitalism"; I would instead call it "despicable and unconscionable deceit".

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 18, 2019 11:38 AM

Feb 17, 2019

rogerf39 wrote:

Your advice on TUG and Redweek is good and definitely the way to start if the resorts will not consider deed-backs.

In my case I tried for 6 months on various sites to sell for $1 - Not a bite.

So for less than the $1550 annual fee, Help4tso got the timeshares off my hands in 8 months.

How exactly did Help4TSO "dispose" of your timeshares? What did they do, or what powers do they have, to "dispose" of timeshares that you could not have done yourself? Or is that secret?

Do you know who the new owner of your old timeshares are? Remember, somebody has to own them. Neither you, Help4TSO, nor anyone else can magically "dispose" of timeshares in a garbage can.

Lance C.
Feb 18, 2019

Based on your assessment of the information you requested and I provided, I can only conclude that the timeshare transfer must have occurred as a result of divine intervention. Hallelujah!!!! I'm off to my place of worship now to pray that the same thing happens with my other 2 timeshares.

Roger F.
Apr 03, 2019

Yes we did, not only did they not do what they said , and did not get us out of our time, share , but the communication from them was horrible and Matt my case maneger was no help , tried to get our money back we spent 5,000$ , but nobody will talk to me , and they are not returning any of my phone calls. They are reall nice at the time you sign the contact,and send them your money, but it goes done hill from there , horrible company , it’s a big scam, do not use them!

arlene174 wrote:
Has anyone been contacted by "Helping Timeshare Owners" in cancelling your contract with your resort? They work with a 3rd party called "HELP4TSO". Does anyone have any information of these companies. I've been scammed once twice shy. Arlene174

Kim F.
May 21, 2019

I did use them and paid them a lot of money. I’m very dubious as to what they actually did to help me. I was told not to tell my timeshare I was working with them, so I’m wondering what they actually did. Eventually my time share let me out of my obligations due to nonpayment of their fees. I contacted HELP4TSO to ask for an account of services done on my behalf and I haven’t heard a word from them. I felt I paid a lot of money for nothing.

arlene174 wrote:
Has anyone been contacted by "Helping Timeshare Owners" in cancelling your contract with your resort? They work with a 3rd party called "HELP4TSO". Does anyone have any information of these companies. I've been scammed once twice shy. Arlene174

Susan M.
May 21, 2019

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!!

Don P.
May 21, 2019

Helping for timeshare owners is a complete scam and a fraud. This is a fictitious name and the owner is Orlando Ventures. This company is owned by Bill Howell. The company makes outrageous claims none of which are true and the 100% money guarantee is a lie Mr. Howell is being sued by 2 major resorts detailing his fraudulent activities. This man belongs in jail. Robert Saylor

Robert S.
Jun 11, 2019

I wrote this article about Bill Howell and Help4TSO. I was told not to publish it because the timeshare insider felt these people were organized crime and could harm my family, but I've lived a good life and published it anyway. https://www.opednews.com/articles/A-VA-Army-Chaplain-Loses--by-Irene-Parker-Fraud-181009-152.html

The con is you attend a restaurant meeting say in Branson pitching a travel club that will take your timeshares back. In the case of the VA chaplain, they credited him $3200 ($1600 each for two timeshares) and referred the business to Help4TSO. They did not get him out of either timeshare so he is stuck with the travel club and the two timeshares. He has retained an attorney.

Irene P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.