Timeshare Companies

Suitelife Vacations anyone?

Jun 21, 2015

Has anyone else received the collection letter yet? I have no intention to change my stance. The place is doomed to fail and will shortly

Petra B.
Jun 21, 2015

I haven't ....but I did receive another email letter requesting payment, which I have no intentions of paying.

Jayne N.
Jul 10, 2015

More e-mails from Anthony reminding me that I am remiss in my payment of the special assessment. I told him he was an ass and meant every word. What a nerve to run this place into the ground and wanting to get us to pay for his daughter's wedding. Incidentally, the Versailles queen is not bankrupt so why doesn't he sue her?

Petra B.
Jul 11, 2015

Dream Travel's bankruptcy application has been denied. She now does not enjoy protection from her creditors. Why does Anthony want to go after SuiteLife members and not after Dream Travel's principal? Because he thinks he can. Dream Travel is the one that he claims have caused the club to "lose" $USD399 per member, collect it from her. If anyone caused this mess it is Suite Life's negligent and incompetent management that are truly responsible. Perhaps the members should get management replaced. Except, our contracts probably don't extend such authority to lowly members. Member who only get to share in the expenses and not in any profits made in the past years. Well, a little less profits lately with $20,000 fine and other equally ridiculous expenses. But..... why not levy a special assessment to the members so we can get to enjoy great profits again? Yeah; good luck with that, Anthony.

Petra B.
Jul 14, 2015

It should be interesting, now that she is not protected. Lets see how fast Anthony and crew go after Tonya. They have no excuse now to ask members for their hard earned money, he can get it from Dream Travel, and in fact, if any one HAS paid, then they should return their money to them, and not put it against "travel", which is probably what he would suggest, because by the look of all the "email specials" they have going, doesn't look like too many people booking.

Mo R.
Jul 15, 2015

Ask Anthony Addesi; he won't answer mine

Petra B.
Jul 24, 2015

Suitelife Members ask who paid for this? Was it made out of Anthony Addesi's pocket? Or was it also charged back to the Suitelife Members?

Notice of Violation Ottawa, 9 June 2014

File Nos.: PDR 9174-1390

To: Anthony Addesi Suitelife Vacations Club Inc.

Address: 690 Rowntree Dairy Road, Suite 201 Woodbridge, Ontario M3J 2V8

Date of Notice and Payment: 9 June 2014

Penalty: $20,000

Pursuant to section 72.07 of the Telecommunications Act, S.C. 1993, c. 38(the Act), the undersigned has issued this notice of violation finding Suitelife Vacations Club Inc. to have committed the following violations contrary to the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission’s (CRTC’s) Unsolicited Telecommunications Rules (the Rules) made under section 41 of the Act:

Between 1 January 2012 and 31 December 2013, unsolicited telemarketing telecommunications were made by Suitelife to advertise their services to consumers. These telecommunications resulted in violations of Part II, subsection 4 of the Rules, for initiating telemarketing telecommunications to consumers whose telecommunications numbers were registered on the National Do Not Call List (DNCL). These telecommunications also resulted in violations of Part II, subsection 7 of the Rules, for failing to subscribe to the National DNCL and to pay all applicable fees to the National DNCL Operator, for failing to register with the National DNCL Operator and violations of Part III, section 10 for failing to process consumers’ do not call requests at the time of the telecommunication.

Pursuant to section 72.01 of the Act, the undersigned has determined that the total penalty for the violations identified above is $20,000

The penalty of $20,000 must be paid by Suitelife to “The Receiver General for Canada” in accordance with subsection 72.09(3) of the Act.

Manon Bombardier Chief Compliance and Enforcement Officer

Steve N.
Aug 04, 2015

Just received an e-mail stating that a $25 "late fee" has been added to the "special assessment fee". No phone calls demanding payment yet.

Keith S.
Sep 21, 2015

I just received a notice in the mail, adding on the $25.00 late fee. The notice states that if I don't pay by September 30th, 2015, (which I have no intentions of paying) I'll be transferred to collections for non-payment. I think they should stop chasing after their members and start chasing after Dream Travel - she doesn't have bankruptcy protection...and she's the one that took their money.

Jayne N.
Sep 21, 2015

I just recently received the assessment fee from Suitelife Vacations Club. As everyone on the forum is talking about. Therefore, as long as enough of us refuse to pay the special assessment and not succumb to collection agencies we have nothing to be concerned. We are strong in numbers. I am going to contact our family attorney tomorrow, and get his legal view on this situation.

Cp J.
Sep 22, 2015

There's more disgruntled SLV members on the N49 site: https://www.n49.com/biz/910530/suite-life-vacations-club-inc-on-woodbridge-690-rowntree-dairy-rd/

Jayne N.
Sep 22, 2015

I just received the assessment fee today and do not intend to pay it. I'd be interested in your lawyer's take on it, as I've thought of doing the same thing, or using one of the agencies that can get you out of timeshare contracts, as I've had enough of these clowns.

Keith S.
Sep 23, 2015

I just received the "reminder" asking me to pay the fee, with a $25 US late fee tacked on. I have no intention of paying. I've also received monthly email reminders, which I have not responded to (although it would have felt good to vent - but I'm sure any responses other than a payment would have been ignored) The more people who refuse to pay, the stronger we are - and the more effort it would take for them to get a collection agency involved. At our house, if we don't recognize the number that comes up on our call display, we don't answer it. They can call as many times as they like, they won't get anywhere with us. We are through with these scammers.

I've been hearing radio ads for "TimeshareExitTeam", a law firm that specializes in getting people out of timeshare contracts. Search them up on Google, they have an office in Toronto. While ours is not strictly a timeshare, the one-sided contract is very similar. Maybe this is one avenue to explore. If we get a decent sized group together, it might be cheaper than hiring them individually.

I think I will wait to see if they really send this to a collection agency or if it's just posturing.

By the way, "Triad International Corporation" is the financing arm of Resort Villas/SuiteLife. And they are not a registered collection agency. So if you get letters or calls from them, just ignore.

Jerry A.
Sep 23, 2015

jerrya131 wrote:
I've been hearing radio ads for "TimeshareExitTeam", a law firm that specializes in getting people out of timeshare contracts.

So they claim. To get someone out of a timeshare, that person simply has to find someone else to take over ownership. That's something you can do yourself rather than pay TSET a hefty fee to do so.

Lance C.
Sep 24, 2015

Got mine too...didn't even read it, just threw it in the blue box :)

Mo R.
Sep 24, 2015

Just spoke with my attorney yesterday. His office is very much aware of the complaints from other members of Suitelife Vacations. It seems we have the same law firm, excellent. I will be forwarding all info to his office today and will keep all members informed of the out come.

Cp J.
Sep 24, 2015

rosinam3 wrote:
We think it is time for the members to take legal action re:Article 15. Is it binding in a court of law? Are Suitelife members responsible for the Dream Travel fiasco? Are Suitelife members responsible for the CRTC fine? We are meeting with our lawyer today.

I think we, members should fund legal actions against Suite-life together. I agree that non of us is willing to pay for lousy management and CRTC fine. Is there any news from your lower?

Valeri A.
Sep 24, 2015

I've got the letter last week and trying to figure out the way to kick Suitlife management ass and avoid any payments to lousy managers. I've been a member for 10 years and didn't use Suitelife services even once because there is always a better online deals available.

Valeri A.
Sep 24, 2015

I agree. We've had the membership for about 12 yrs, and only used it once. The vacations you can find online are much better and less expensive than Suitelife Vacations.

Cp J.
Sep 24, 2015

Just e-mailed our attorney with all the documents from Suitelife Vacations, including the bankruptcy files, along with membership rules & regulations, and managements letters.

Cp J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.