Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Current Fees - to Renter and Owner

Feb 19, 2021

Using the Full Service option - what will all the fees be to renter and owner? For example, if I rent a week for $100 a night = $700 for the week. What is the cost/income to both parties?

Rick B.

Last edited by rickb419 on Feb 19, 2021 09:51 AM

Feb 19, 2021

that is a very fugue general question. Every resort is going to have different price point on cost. Its changes a lot by time of year location, etc.. every property is owner is managed by different companies they set there prices differently the amount of units in property age of property. something as a renter you can find good deals if you wait for last minute to pick up week, because someone on timeshare cannot make that week they just try to off load it at any cheap price they can many properties have different maint fee as well & can be different in same unit it depends when you bought place. elaborate a little more & so I can answer your question.

Jim G.
Feb 19, 2021

Rick: If you are using the full-service rental option, the owner pays $59.99 for the posting, and if you are not already a RedWeek member, $18.99 for the membership fee. If you successfully rent the week, there is a $99 fee. RedWeek handles the rental agreement and credit card payment, and the renter pays a processing fee of 5% of the rental price, or a minimum of $50. With a $700 rental price, the owner receives $601 and the renter would pay RedWeek $750.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Feb 23, 2021

Redweek Support - Can renter pay any other way other than CC? Just preparing, I know someone is going to ask.

Rick B.
Feb 23, 2021

Rick: Payments can be made by Visa, Mastercard, American Express and there is also a financing option with Affirm.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Feb 23, 2021

If I post and sell a week do I owe RedWeek a commission?

Anna Z.
Feb 23, 2021

Anna: If you are posting a rental week with our full-service option, there is a $99 fee upon a successful rental. There are no additional fees with the do-it-yourself posting method.

If you are selling your timeshare, there is a commission of $399 or 3% of the sales price (whichever is greater) if your timeshare sells. There are no additional fees if using the do-it-yourself resale option.

Please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page if you have further questions.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 23, 2021 08:02 PM

May 29, 2021

I see a service fee of $180 on a $3000/wk rental I was considering in Hawaii. Thus is on a "verified and protected" listing. Shouldn't this fee get paid by the owner, to enhance his listing? If I rent a unit that does not have this fee, is it not credible? Are some if the listings on redweek fake? I don't understand this added fee

Robert T.
May 29, 2021

Robert: With RedWeek Online Booking the renter pays for the rental by credit card and there is a small processing fee based on the price of the rental. The money is not disbursed to the owner until two business days after you check-in to the resort. All postings that have RedWeek Online Booking have been verified and confirmed by RedWeek with the resort.

If the posting does not have the Verified flag, then RedWeek has not confirmed the details. You can view the recommended steps for a safe transaction on this page: Stay Safe

Also, although we do not vouch for or recommend any person using our website, if you send the posting number to support@redweek.com, we can let you know how long this person has been a RedWeek member and if there are any complaints on their account.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Oct 30, 2021

How long after emailing verify@redweek.com with resort certificate does it take for the payment portal to become active on a posting?

Marcus M.
Oct 31, 2021

Marcus: It can take up to 7 to 10 business days to verify all the details with the resort, although we do our best to make it happen sooner. It will depend on the current volume the verification team is dealing with.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Nov 07, 2021

Just want to confirm if I decide to rent a timeshare on RedWeek. I pay the membership fee $18.99 ( which allows me to contact the renter to confirm rental week price). Once confirm the rental price with the owner, then there is a 5% charge (minimum $50) on the rental price? So if the rental fee is $700.00 it would be $50.00 + $18.99.That's it (no credit card extra fee?)

Curt H.
Nov 07, 2021

A membership fee is required if you are booking a do-it-yourself posting, managed by the owner. No membership fee is required to book or ask a question if the posting is managed by RedWeek (these postings are highlighted in green). The RedWeek Online Booking processing fee is currently 6% of the rental price with no additional fees.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Nov 08, 2021

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. What are Redweek "renter side" charges for a "Verified" transaction for a $3,000 7 day timeshare rental using a credit card? I'm confused by statements like "a small processing fee" and whether this is just the credit card fee or something above this. I'm trying to figure out what a renter would pay out of pocket to rent my "Verified" unit beyond Redweek membership fees.

phyl21 wrote:
Robert: With RedWeek Online Booking the renter pays for the rental by credit card and there is a small processing fee based on the price of the rental. The money is not disbursed to the owner until two business days after you check-in to the resort. All postings that have RedWeek Online Booking have been verified and confirmed by RedWeek with the resort.

If the posting does not have the Verified flag, then RedWeek has not confirmed the details. You can view the recommended steps for a safe transaction on this page: Stay Safe

Also, although we do not vouch for or recommend any person using our website, if you send the posting number to support@redweek.com, we can let you know how long this person has been a RedWeek member and if there are any complaints on their account.

Den
Nov 08, 2021

The current processing fee to use RedWeek Online Booking is 6% of the rental price, so a renter would pay $180 on a $3000 rental.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jan 22, 2022

Hi, Could you tell me how much my commission and all fees would be if Redweek sells my one week timeshare, if I list it with Redweek full service? And we sell the week for $7000.

Thanks, Richard

Richard C.
Jan 22, 2022

Richard: The commission for a successful full-service sale is 3% of the sales price or $399, whichever is greater. We ask the buyer to pay all the closing costs and transfer fees.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Mar 03, 2022

Is Affirm available on all the listings should I choose to use and have an account with Affirm?

phyl21 wrote:
Rick: Payments can be made by Visa, Mastercard, American Express and there is also a financing option with Affirm.

Larry D.
Mar 03, 2022

Affirm is available for any posting that is booked with RedWeek Online Booking (verified and protected).

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Mar 20, 2022

Earlier posts here say you charge 5% to process CC for renter. IS it now 6% or $50, whichever is higher?

Rick B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.