Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

New REDWEEK! Is it typical to NOT hear from a seller? I requested to book over a week ago and NOTHING

Jun 22, 2021

I requested to book 3 different timeshares to rent and have not heard back from either of the sellers. Is this typical? I contacted REDWEEK and they said theyd try and contact them but I am assuming they couldnt reach them either. What now?

Jena F.
Jul 01, 2021

Hi- I'm new to Redweek. I've messaged two sellers regarding timeshares for next week and I haven't received a response from either seller. Is this typical? I'm wondering if I wasted $ on the purchase of this membership (obviously small fee, but still...) if I cannot use this service.

Shari A.
Jul 02, 2021

Could it be that a seller or lessor might take a vacation or that they are working with another interested party? Take revenge and move on to another listing.....:)

Den
Jul 12, 2021

Sharia: Please check your spam folder as we find this is often the issue when replies are not received. If it's been more than 48 hours since you inquired, you can also send an email to support@redweek.com with the posting number and we will follow up with the owner.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jul 15, 2021

I've also reached out to one rental twice and another one after the first one never responded. Haven't received a response from either and have checked my SPAM folder. This is really disappointing. Owners should be more courteous when using this site.

Sharon R.
Jul 15, 2021

sharonr404 wrote:
I've also reached out to one rental twice and another one after the first one never responded. Haven't received a response from either and have checked my SPAM folder. This is really disappointing. Owners should be more courteous when using this site.

In what time period have you received no response? You don't identify that important detail. Many people (including timeshare owners) are travelling right now, whenever and wherever they possibly can, after being so constrained by Covid travel restrictions over the past year. It's also school vacation and the peak time of summer family vacations.

I don't have any ads posted on RedWeek at this time, but if I did and then went on vacation with my family for a week (or two), you can rest assured that I would not spend a single moment of vacation time checking for (or responding to) any inquiries about a RedWeek rental ad I had posted --- at least not until I returned from that family vacation. To be very clear however, when I post a "for rent" ad, it is several months (not mere weeks) in advance of the rental date. I have a 100% success and renter satisfaction rate after posting many rental ads on RedWeek over the past ten years or so, so what I'm doing is clearly quite satisfactory for all involved --- without providing "instant" responses to inquiries.

No offense intended, but maybe walk a mile in the other guy's shoes and exhibit a little patience? Your own planning may be last minute, but that's not a reasonable basis to expect instantaneous response from advertisers who may not share your personal sense of urgency. To each their own individual view, of course --- you can always choose to just move on to other ads if you are unhappy with the speed of response from any particular advertiser. Personally, I think that "within 48 hours" is a completely unreasonable expectation for an advertiser response in virtually any scenario.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 20, 2021 09:20 AM

Jul 15, 2021

We have our contact info listed inside our rental ads, but normally no one reads the text part of the ad and just responds by email. Most users are slower to respond via email than phone or text.

However, last year Redweek had a text feature connected with email inquiries, this really helped speed up response times. I'm not sure where it went? I will check my account and look into it!

Kristina A.
Jul 18, 2021

If you post a timeshare to rent and then go two weeks without even looking at requests, you shouldn't be renting. How fair is that to people like me who are looking for a timeshare to rent and can't wait two weeks (or even one for that matter) for a response? Oh and I gave the owners at least a week to respond. Redweek only ask that you give 48 hours.

Sharon R.
Jul 18, 2021

Sharon, if you don't hear back immediately, you may be happier if you moved on to another listing. I suspect you are making inquiries to more than one listing anyway.

I doubt someone paying for a listing would deliberately ignore a potential renter. There could be many reasons for non-response including a transaction underway with another party, illness, vacations, etc.

Den
Jul 19, 2021

Dennis, I only inquire about one listing at a time and mostly because there is only one available the week I am able to go or the difference in pricing for other units the same week is quite significant.

Sharon R.
Jul 20, 2021

The bottom line is that it's "bad business" on the Sellers/Renters part. If you're trying to sell/rent a Unit then you should be diligent about checking regularly if you have any requests. This happens to Me all the time, I request info. on a Unit and don't hear from someone for weeks. And then I look like a psycho because I keep messaging, etc. In the long run they're only hurting themselves on potentially losing out on selling/renting their Unit.

And as far as Owners not having the time to respond to requests because they're "travelling right now, whenever and wherever they possibly can, after being so constrained by Covid travel restrictions over the past year. It's also school vacation and the peak time of summer family vacations." Come on give Me a break. Please don't try and tell Me people don't check their emails, etc while on vacation. In this day and age everyone is so social media connected and have a million and one ways to be contacted and notified of alerts. There's really no excuse, but laziness, inconsideration, and poor business skills.

Tommy J.
Jul 20, 2021

Well, that is your personal opinion, which you are certainly entitled to express (although I personally disagree with it). As far as I'm concerned, a 100% success and satisfaction rate over 10+ years of many posted rental ads and many successful rentals tells me that I don't need to change my practices. Consistent historical success and consistently satisfied renters tells me all that I really need to know, but it is certainly your prerogative to view things differently.

For the record, I have never failed to respond to any rental inquiry within a very few days (although my intended point was / is that I feel absolutely no urgency to do so for a rental that is, in my rental ads anyhow, always months away).

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 21, 2021 01:56 PM

Jul 22, 2021

ken1193 wrote:
sharonr404 wrote:

In what time period have you received no response? You don't identify that important detail. Many people (including timeshare owners) are travelling right now, whenever and wherever they possibly can, after being so constrained by Covid travel restrictions over the past year. It's also school vacation and the peak time of summer family vacations.

I don't have any ads posted on RedWeek at this time, but if I did and then went on vacation with my family for a week (or two), you can rest assured that I would not spend a single moment of vacation time checking for (or responding to) any inquiries about a RedWeek rental ad I had posted --- at least not until I returned from that family vacation. To be very clear however, when I post a "for rent" ad, it is several months (not mere weeks) in advance of the rental date. I have a 100% success and renter satisfaction rate after posting many rental ads on RedWeek over the past ten years or so, so what I'm doing is clearly quite satisfactory for all involved --- without

providing "instant" responses to inquiries.

No offense intended, but maybe walk a mile in the other guy's shoes and exhibit a little patience? Your own planning may be last minute, but that's not a reasonable basis to expect instantaneous response from advertisers who may not share your personal sense of urgency. To each their own individual view, of course --- you can always choose to just move on to other ads if you are unhappy with the speed of response from any particular advertiser. Personally, I think that "within 48 hours" is a completely unreasonable expectation for an advertiser response in virtually any scenario.

+1 On this. Thanks, KC.

EDIT: Brought in the relevant quote.

giannic5

Last edited by giannic5 on Jul 22, 2021 07:11 PM

Aug 10, 2021

Have same problem !!! I have requested a reply 5 times about a unit. NO RESPONSE !!!! What do you do ??

Karen B.
Aug 10, 2021

Karen: First check your spam folder, as we find this is often the issue when responses are not received. If there is no reply in your spam, then please contact support@redweek.com with the posting number and we will be happy to follow up with the owner if it has been more than 48 hours since you inquired.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.