Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Verified and protected but not handled by Redweek

Mar 02, 2024

Is it safe to rent for a new owner to Redweek if it is verified and protected? I usually rent directly through redweek. Is this a greater risk since it is being handled directly by the owner?

Donna S.
Mar 02, 2024

I think that you might be misunderstanding the details regarding "Verified" and "Verified and Protected" listings on RedWeek.

An owner / advertiser can always choose to have their listing be only "RedWeek Verified". In this option, RedWeek personnel will independently verify the listing's ownership details, but the owner can still determine their own rental agreement terms, their own payment arrangements and their own cancellation policy, with no further RedWeek input or involvement of any kind beyond the verification of ownership and unit for the listing.

Redweek "verified and protected" necessarily involves RedWeek handling the receipt of rental payment from the tenant and later (...specifically, 2 days after tenant check-in) RedWeek issuing the rental payment to the advertising owner. I believe there is also a credit card processing fee (charged to the tenant by RedWeek, not charged to the tenant by the owner) in such "RedWeek verified and protected" rental transactions.

I hope this helps to clarify the differences between "verified only" and "verified and protected" listings on RedWeek.

donnas744 wrote:
Is it safe to rent for a new owner to Redweek if it is verified and protected? I usually rent directly through redweek. Is this a greater risk since it is being handled directly by the owner?

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Mar 03, 2024 04:06 AM

Mar 02, 2024

I understand what you are saying but some listings that are verified and protected are handled directly by the owner and others redweek.

Donna S.
Mar 03, 2024

donnas744 wrote:
I understand what you are saying but some listings that are verified and protected are handled directly by the owner and others redweek.

With respect, this statement is simply not accurate. You apparently still misunderstand the details of "verified and protected".

Verified and Protected, by definition, involves RedWeek handling all payment matters after "verifying" the listing details. Online booking is available in "verified and protected", but that's just a booking request. Payment itself is still handled by RedWeek, with no other owner involvement -- that is actually a big part of the "protected" in "verified and protected". The owner does not receive any payment (which is provided only directly from RedWeek) until 2 days after the tenant has checked-in with any "verified and protected" listing. Only "verified" alone (...or not getting verified at all) allows owners to handle their own payment details.

Sorry, but I just don't see how or why you might think that a RW "verified and protected" listing could somehow be "handled directly by the owner" instead of by RedWeek. That is simply not the case. You could also confirm this for yourself directly with RedWeek, by communicating with RW through the "Contact Us" link found at the bottom of this page if you want further clarification.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Mar 05, 2024 07:42 AM

Apr 14, 2024

As an owner, I’ve had great success with the Verified listings. I listed on Airbnb for many years because of the ease of booking and payment. Redweek handles it all. I’ve run into a few minor problems when they seek to verify with the resort, but otherwise it’s a good way to go.

Steve K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.