Timeshare Exchanges

Exchanges to Disney World resorts (or anywhere for that matter!)

Apr 30, 2007

I can't seem to find any of the Disney World resorts (owned and operated by Disney) on II. I have no idea of how to go about exchanging if I don't see something pop up as an exchange on II. Any ideas?? Do I deposit what we own first? Do I make a request first? Are there any other exchange companies to work with that have more availability? I love our Hawaii properties but we don't want to go there 4 weeks every year! Help!

Bev H.
Apr 30, 2007

bev134 wrote:
I can't seem to find any of the Disney World resorts (owned and operated by Disney) on II. I have no idea of how to go about exchanging if I don't see something pop up as an exchange on II. Any ideas?? Do I deposit what we own first? Do I make a request first? Are there any other exchange companies to work with that have more availability? I love our Hawaii properties but we don't want to go there 4 weeks every year! Help!

If you go to this link http://www.intervalworld.com/web/cs?a=1505 then type in "Disney" for resort name then click on the search button, that should give you all the Disney resorts on Interval.

You can always post your exchange on RedWeek.com. We have a free exchange promotion going on right now. For more information go to http://www.redweek.com/articles/free-exchange-promotion

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Apr 30, 2007

marty8084 wrote:
bev134 wrote:

If you go to this link http://www.intervalworld.com/web/cs?a=1505 then type in "Disney" for resort name then click on the search button, that should give you all the Disney resorts on Interval.

You can always post your exchange on RedWeek.com. We have a free exchange promotion going on right now. For more information go to http://www.redweek.com/articles/free-exchange-promotion

Thanks, Marty

Thank you for the information! I tried II and found the list but still am not sure how to trade for one of them. However, I did put in a request. I also posted on RedWeek! Thank you!

Bev H.
May 01, 2007

Disney owned resorts are not the easiest to trade into. You have to own a moderately strong trader to do so, however since you own in Hawaii I would think you would own a strong trader.

With II you do not have to deposit your owned week(s) first to look for an exchange. You can search online without depositing. I'm not sure if II has an ongoing search feature such as RCI, but I would assume they do.

bev134 wrote:

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on May 01, 2007 04:33 AM

May 01, 2007

Your resort might qualify for SFX (http://www.sfx-resorts.com/) this is an independent exchange company and only deals with high quality resorts.

bev134 wrote:

Eric B.

Last edited by eric572 on May 01, 2007 02:09 PM

May 03, 2007

eric572 wrote:
Your resort might qualify for SFX (http://www.sfx-resorts.com/) this is an independent exchange company and only deals with high quality resorts.

bev134 wrote:
Thank you very much! I'll give it a try!

Bev H.
Dec 18, 2007

Was Just reading comments from owners and this one on Disney really bothered me. We are Disney owners and for two years I have been trying to exchange our points for ANYWHERE and Disney keeps telling me nothing is available thru Interval. This is during slow periods for say going to Hawaii and for a great period coming to Disney. We do not deal with Interval ourselves, Disney handles this. Now I am beginning to wonder what is going on.

Carol D.
Dec 18, 2007

carold135 wrote:
Was Just reading comments from owners and this one on Disney really bothered me. We are Disney owners and for two years I have been trying to exchange our points for ANYWHERE and Disney keeps telling me nothing is available thru Interval. This is during slow periods for say going to Hawaii and for a great period coming to Disney. We do not deal with Interval ourselves, Disney handles this. Now I am beginning to wonder what is going on.
========== Could you use your points and book a unit with Disney, then call Interval International to make the exchange yourself? Or, if you have an Interval International account, you should be able to go online and view all the exchange opportunities available as well as complete the exchange online.

Mike N.
Dec 18, 2007

carold135 wrote:

I'm truly a bit puzzled here, since you can only ever exchange a booked week anyhow, never just "raw" points. Therefore, in the absence of a booked week to start with, Disney would be in NO position to offer you ANY informed input whatsoever on what might be available from II.

If I was in your shoes, I'd be booking my own Disney weeks with points first, then searching II inventory myself for what I want. Why involve or rely upon Disney at all? Also, keep in mind that with II (unlike with RCI) you can search BEFORE having to relinquish (deposit) your booked week. Likewise on RedWeek. Only RCI has "deposit first, then hope" as their exchange procedure.

KC
Dec 18, 2007

mike1536 wrote:
carold135 wrote:
========== Could you use your points and book a unit with Disney, then call Interval International to make the exchange yourself? Or, if you have an Interval International account, you should be able to go online and view all the exchange opportunities available as well as complete the exchange online.
No we are not a member of Interval yet. The exchanges are done thru Disney. We will be members when our latest buy in St. Kitts is complete. Then I think it may be easier to do a switch with someone for Disney. I have talked to many owners who have found the same thing when they want to switch and pay 75.00 to Disney to work with Interval for an exchange only to come up empty handed. You get a refund if they don't find anything but it is hard booking air if you wait too long. I asked Disney to check with Interval for anything all year long for the next two years in Hawaii and New Zealand--they said nothing!

Carol D.
Dec 19, 2007

It could be that the vast majority of Disney owners use or rent their points and don't deposit them with II .... that would cause exchange inventory to be low.

This situation does perplex me, though, as Disney should be one of the best traders out there. Does Disney have an internal exchange program? If so, you shouldn't have any problem securing reservations there since you're an owner unless it's a late request or a request for a very popular time.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Dec 19, 2007 08:04 AM

Dec 19, 2007

jayjay wrote:
It could be that the vast majority of Disney owners use or rent their points and don't deposit them with II .... that would cause exchange inventory to be low.

This situation does perplex me, though, as Disney should be one of the best traders out there. Does Disney have an internal exchange program? If so, you shouldn't have any problem securing reservations there since you're an owner unless it's a late request or a request for a very popular time.

As owners we just call Disney to reserve anywhere that there are Disney properties. We have never had a problem with that. It is only when we want to exchange outside of Disney and then we HAVE to go thru them to exchange for something thru Interval

Carol D.
Dec 19, 2007

carold135 wrote:
jayjay wrote:

As owners we just call Disney to reserve anywhere that there are Disney properties. We have never had a problem with that. It is only when we want to exchange outside of Disney and then we HAVE to go thru them to exchange for something thru Interval
==================== While you're waiting for your St. Kitts TS to be complete, call Interval International and see if you can join now. Then you should be able to book a Disney week with your points and initiate an exchange directly with II.

Mike N.
Dec 29, 2007

bev134 wrote:
It is beause in order for us DVC members to exchange we have to atually book a week. I would like to try to utilize the exchange system in redweek but in order to do that I would have to book a week I am unsure anyone wants and try to use it to swap. Which is not the best senario if we cant find anything. We are on a point based system. If we choose to trade which I have done through intereval, we do it through Disney only after a trade if found do we give up equivalent points, not an actual week. Also there are many DVC reports we can utilize in Disney, Florida's Vero Beachwhich is fabulous as well as Hilton Head SC, Disney California, and cruise line.

Jo-Ann O.
Dec 30, 2007

joann195 wrote:
bev134 wrote:
It is beause in order for us DVC members to exchange we have to atually book a week. I would like to try to utilize the exchange system in redweek but in order to do that I would have to book a week I am unsure anyone wants and try to use it to swap. Which is not the best senario if we cant find anything. We are on a point based system. If we choose to trade which I have done through intereval, we do it through Disney only after a trade if found do we give up equivalent points, not an actual week. Also there are many DVC reports we can utilize in Disney, Florida's Vero Beachwhich is fabulous as well as Hilton Head SC, Disney California, and cruise line.
============= If you use the RedWeek Exchange system, once you book your week with DVC and deposit it in the system, you get your points to use for three years. If for some reason, no one wants to use the unit (highly unlikely) it is RedWeek's issue, not yours. I'm sure you will get a good amount of points for a Disney deposit.

If you want to see how many points you would get for an exchange, submit a "hypothetical week" for an evaluation. If you want to follow through with the deposit you will then have to actually book the week. Pick the best week in terms of demand for the best point values. Be advised though, that the RedWeek exchange system is in its infancy and there are more Provisional deposits than actual deposits. So if you're looking for a high-end resort, it may or may not be available.

Also check the RedWishes. There is usually someone looking for Disney units.

Good Luck Mike

Mike N.
Dec 30, 2007

mike1536 wrote:
joann195 wrote:
bev134 wrote:
============= If you use the RedWeek Exchange system, once you book your week with DVC and deposit it in the system, you get your points to use for three years. If for some reason, no one wants to use the unit (highly unlikely) it is RedWeek's issue, not yours. I'm sure you will get a good amount of points for a Disney deposit.

If you want to see how many points you would get for an exchange, submit a "hypothetical week" for an evaluation. If you want to follow through with the deposit you will then have to actually book the week. Pick the best week in terms of demand for the best point values. Be advised though, that the RedWeek exchange system is in its infancy and there are more Provisional deposits than actual deposits. So if you're looking for a high-end resort, it may or may not be available.

Also check the RedWishes. There is usually someone looking for Disney units.

Good Luck Mike

Thanks Mike

Jo-Ann O.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.