Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Does Reedweek.com ever update?

Feb 10, 2008

I have been contacting people about puchasing thier timeshare, but all i get is the anwser ( I think it;s allready sold).. When i here that it makes me wonder who im speaking with. If i was selling a time share, i think i would know if it was being sold, not (i think its allrady sold)

So question, Does redweek update (Purge) there data base when people sell there timeshare? Or is it the responsibility of the owner with the posting?

Nothing more disgouraging than finding something you like just to get teh statement ( I think it;s allready sold))

Signed, Frustrated in Massachusetts

Steve D.
Feb 10, 2008

steved182 wrote:
I have been contacting people about puchasing thier timeshare, but all i get is the anwser ( I think it;s allready sold).. When i here that it makes me wonder who im speaking with. If i was selling a time share, i think i would know if it was being sold, not (i think its allrady sold)

So question, Does redweek update (Purge) there data base when people sell there timeshare? Or is it the responsibility of the owner with the posting?

Nothing more disgouraging than finding something you like just to get teh statement ( I think it;s allready sold))

It's up to the owner of the posting to update their ads when their timeshare has been sold or rented otherwise Redweek would have no way of knowing. They can do that by accessing their Redweek account.

As far as some people stating that they "think their timeshare has been sold", it could be that they are waiting for the entire closing process to finish before they edit or delete their ad.

R P.
Feb 10, 2008

jayjay wrote:
steved182 wrote:

It's up to the owner of the posting to update their ads when their timeshare has been sold or rented otherwise Redweek would have no way of knowing. They can do that by accessing their Redweek account.

As far as some people stating that they "think their timeshare has been sold", it could be that they are waiting for the entire closing process to finish before they edit or delete their ad.

Sale pending would sound better...

Steve D.
Feb 10, 2008

steved182 states in part: >> If I was selling a time share, I think I would know if it was being sold, not "I think it's already sold".<< ------------------------------------------------

Not necessarily. Consider that someone selling a timeshare might have a verbal offer, but no signed contract yet. They could have a signed contract, but no payment yet. They could have a down payment, but not the whole balance due yet. The contract might be in someone else's hands (being processed at a closing company, for example) but not yet actually completed. There are numerous possibilities and good reasons why a seller might not actually know for certain that a week is conclusively sold. The deal is not "done" until all the paperwork and payment is settled and a new deed is recorded in the name of the new owner. It's not as simple as buying a radio at a flea market, where someone picks up the radio, hands over some cash, walks away, and the deal is done. Things are considerably more complicated in a timeshare transaction, which is a process --- with numerous, progressive steps.

Advertisers (private or commercial) should make an effort to indicate the status of a pending sale on their ads, but they also don't want to discourage other potential buyers if a deal which is currently in progress "falls through" later.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 11, 2008 11:57 AM

Feb 11, 2008

Yes, advertising is a good medium to help us in timeshare i go agree with ken1193

Timeshare I.
Feb 11, 2008

timesharei3 gratuitously offers, in muddled fashion: >> Yes, advertising is a good medium to help us in timeshare i go agree with ken1193 << -------------------------------------------

The issue presented was about updating of ad content and status, not whether advertising "is a good medium". It's an obvious fact that advertising is a fundamental necessity if someone has something which they want to sell and wants to make potential buyers aware of its' existence and availability.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 11, 2008 07:05 AM

Feb 11, 2008

ken1193 wrote:
timesharei3 gratuitously offers, in muddled fashion: >> Yes, advertising is a good medium to help us in timeshare i go agree with ken1193 << -------------------------------------------

The issue presented was about updating of ad content and status, not whether advertising "is a good medium". It's an obvious fact that advertising is a fundamental necessity if someone has something which they want to sell and wants to make potential buyers aware of its' existence and availability.

I WAS JUST ASKING BECUASE WHEN YOU DEAL WITH PEOPLE OVER THE INTERNET YOU HAVE NO IDEA IF THEY ARE FOR REAL, AND WHEN I HEAR THE STATEMENT ( I THINK ITS SOLD) MAKES ME WONDER HOW MUCH INTEREST THE PERSON ON THE OTHER END OF THE 'DSL' HAS IN THE PROCESS..

WHEN I RECIEVE E-MAILS ABOUT SOMETHING IM SELLING, I AM UPFRONT AND GIVE AS MUCH IFORMATION AS I CAN (IE: WELL KEN1193 THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN SAID PROPERTY, BUT CURENTLY A SALE IS PENDING. IF YOU WOLD LIKE YOU CAN CHECK BACK IN ABOUT 30 DAYS WHEN I SHOULD KNOW BETTER WHERE THE PROCESS IS. AND I WILL E-MAIL YOU AS SOON AS IT DOES OR NOT SELL. GOOD LUCK IN THE SEARCH FOR YOUR DREAM.. RESPECTFULLY, XXX

Steve D.
Feb 11, 2008

steved182 states: I WAS JUST ASKING BECUASE WHEN YOU DEAL WITH PEOPLE OVER THE INTERNET YOU HAVE NO IDEA IF THEY ARE FOR REAL, AND WHEN I HEAR THE STATEMENT ( I THINK ITS SOLD) MAKES ME WONDER HOW MUCH INTEREST THE PERSON ON THE OTHER END OF THE 'DSL' HAS IN THE PROCESS..

WHEN I RECIEVE E-MAILS ABOUT SOMETHING IM SELLING, I AM UPFRONT AND GIVE AS MUCH IFORMATION AS I CAN (IE: WELL KEN1193 THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN SAID PROPERTY, BUT CURENTLY A SALE IS PENDING. IF YOU WOLD LIKE YOU CAN CHECK BACK IN ABOUT 30 DAYS WHEN I SHOULD KNOW BETTER WHERE THE PROCESS IS. AND I WILL E-MAIL YOU AS SOON AS IT DOES OR NOT SELL. GOOD LUCK IN THE SEARCH FOR YOUR DREAM.. RESPECTFULLY, XXX -----------------------------------------------

I agree with every capitalized word you've said above; your thought process shows admirable courtesy and consideration toward others. Unfortunately, however, those attributes are often seriously lacking in the anonymous and vaporous world of Internet ads and communications.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 11, 2008 11:03 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.