Montecristo Estates by Pueblo Bonito

Is Montecristo Estates sold out & what Pueblo Bonito was selling the last units for

Jan 11, 2010

Agreed the MC is the absolute cat's meow. Mention that you are an MC owner to any merchant in Cabo and it puts you in the "Big Shot" category. Bought three timeshares/villa from Ernesto, all pre-contruction -- Rosa, Sunset, and MC. Never felt lied to except for the golf course. All units exceeded my wildest expectations. Never had anything but the best service and keeps getting better all the time. On one stay I wrote an extensive maintenance, mostly involving painting -- i.e. birdcages, railings, etc down at Sunset. Returned to Sunset Beach a month later and everything was or was in process of being addressed and has been maintained in tip-top condition ever since.

And, sad as it is, my MC villa and Hacienda Encantata timeshare are holding their value much better than my high end properties in the Sacramento area of California and Sarasota area of Florida which are down 60%...and they ain't going back to what I paid for them in at least the next ten years. Ernesto gets the golf course in and MC values will go through the roof -- especially for us phase 1 MC owners and especially especially for us who own in the "Vaunted First 18".

Martin W.

Last edited by martinw7 on Jan 11, 2010 02:27 PM

Jan 12, 2010

I have created a Facebook page for MC owners (simply called Montecrtisto Estates Owners) if anyone cares to join. News, Home Videos of your trip, Connections to other owners, etc...Just search for groups and you should find it. I am specifically interested in connecting with top 18 owners and will also create a group for top 18 if I can build interest. There seems to be several top 18 owners here so please announce your villa number when you join the FB group.

Please keep content constructive and positive. And by that, I mean that this group is intended to be viewed by the masses (aka potential renters). It is intended to promote the resort and build value. I have absolutely no problem with complaining about lying sales people and problems and especially if they are followed up with a proposed solution. But a blog like this is a place for that and a FB group open to the general public is definitely not.

Kerry D.
Jan 12, 2010

Hello

My wife and I own the 1st half of June for Villa 13 and would like to join the group, but I was unable to locate the group at this time.

Carlos S.
Jan 12, 2010

i own villa 18 ,last 2 weeks in November. I think i already joined this facebook pag, but i am not sure.

Jeffrey W.
Jan 12, 2010

Created the MC owners group on FB just before I posted this morning. Can see it from my FB account already but maybe there is an approval delay. Check back later or I will see if it is possible to post a Url as soon as I get back to a real computer (on iPhone now)

Kerry D.
Jan 12, 2010

OK. just accessed Montecristo Owners FB group from my laptop. Anyone interested try this URL to look for it. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=250753352557&ref=nf

Let me know if you are still having problems. kdavis45@comcast.net

Kerry D.
Jan 13, 2010

I am so sorry David, I hear that alot. We were just lucky and of course we went with a good reason too. We were caught in a ponsi scheme and lost a great deal of money. My husband is working hard to change our circumstances and then we will continue to add to our two weeks at Villa 27. Of course we will buy in the secondary market now that we know, but we just love our vacations and understand that the sales staff are over anxious to sell. We forgive all that because the place is just gorgeous and we feel like royalty when we are there! Susan

F. S.
Jan 13, 2010

Just joined and bookmarked it. We own the first 2 weeks in May of Villa 14. Also have 2 weeks in Villa 63 (latter part of May, alternate years) , however, I realize that this Villa is in the lower section and does not belong in the "vaunted 18". It still is a nice location

Roelof

Roelof B.
Jan 13, 2010

Someone else created an identical FB page for MC owners. I wonder if there is some way to coordinate the 2 of them.

Jeffrey W.
Jan 14, 2010

Certainly there is. Can u tell me what it is called or give me a URL to get to the other FB page?

Kerry D.
Jan 14, 2010

http://www.facebook.com/n/?inbox/readmessage.php&t=171484209184&mid=1492e7bG5a97d489G5bb3e8G0

Jeffrey W.
Jan 15, 2010

ericdavid83, I think the link you provided is a link to your inbox (which I can not read). the link I need should have something similar to what I posted above and should have group.php in it. Or give me the official name of the group so I can search on it. or both.

Kerry D.

Last edited by kerryd19 on Jan 15, 2010 08:07 AM

Jan 15, 2010

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cabo-San-Lucas-Mexico/Montecristo-Connections/152303718962?ref=ts&v=wall

Lisa G.
Jan 27, 2010

to Eric David: You have 5 days under Mexican law to rescind your contract, so the staff was deliberately misleading you. This is a well known fact that they chose not to tell you. If you can show that you attempted a resolution, then go forward with the steps on www.mescam.com --whether within the 5 business day window or not. OR just begin the process now--that website has options worth looking into.There are too many lies and misrepresentations by the sales staff at MC/ Pueblo Bonito. The deception must stop.

Susan H.
Feb 06, 2010

let the deposit go....and buy or rent off redweek.com otherwise you're throwing your money away...try and stop payment on the check...

mw

Marlon W.
Mar 30, 2010

I just spent a week in our timeshare and looked into the fractional ownership at Montecristo Estates. The available weeks left were very tight for the units they are currently selling. They told me they were then holding off until the golf course was built (at least one of them) so they could raise the prices.

Gregory H.
Apr 15, 2010

"very tight" - what do you mean?

I seriously doubt they would Hold Off selling. they need maintenance payers!!

Vicki Y.
Jun 08, 2010

How did you resolve. We just purchased in the same section and heard the same story and we are in the same place that you were. Should we loose the deposit ? we were told such a lot of things that turned out to be very different

Karen O.
Jun 08, 2010

Not true, They just sold us one in May, and we ware very concerned that we made a bad decision and we tried to back out 20 hours later and were told we could not. Now I have found out about Chapter 59 which states that you have 5 days to cancel

Karen O.
Jun 29, 2010

We purchased our unit in Aug 08. Felt lots of pressure when we bought it and now want out due to unable to travel. looking for options on what to do.

Susanne B.

Last edited by susanneb15 on Jun 29, 2010 02:42 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.