The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Feb 22, 2019

The Manhattan Club is advertising on social media room discounts from 15% to 30%. You also will receive a bottle of wine and a box of chocolates with your stay. In all the years I have been a owner at the Manhattan Club I have never received anything complementary not even a can of soda.The only thing I was provided with is outrageous fees every year. It will be very interesting to see when the new management company finally takes over what their policies will be. As far as our three nonsponsored board of directors owners they have been a extreme disappointment and I am curious as to how they continue to be reelected.

Kevin O.

Last edited by kevin631 on Feb 22, 2019 07:11 AM

Feb 22, 2019

Perhaps the bottle of wine and box of chocolates comes with a "complimentary" visit to the sales office? When we first purchased in 1998 we were given vouchers for a meal at a nice restaurant nearby.

Sharon L.

Last edited by sharon177 on Feb 22, 2019 05:33 AM

Feb 22, 2019

hello kevin631and other disenchanted and defrauded TMC owners,

it's time to consider seeking the legal service of the new NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, THE HONORABLE LETITIA JAMES. we have waited enough, expecting the promise of other private legal remedies which have yet to be realized. go to ms james' nysag website. make your individual complaints using the form provided. i believe ms james can use the background information from the former nysag's (schneiderman) proceedings in addition to our complaints to her. the case vs TMC/EICHNER/BLUEGREEN would most likely need to be started anew by ms james, but she would have sufficient background from schneiderman's recorded court history. she would also have TMC's owners' current additional complaints to begin her own court case knowing what a failure the last so-called "settlement" accepted by schneiderman was.

we can wait no longer to create a proactive atmosphere. the longer we wait, the more tangled the TMC management will become, and the more complicated the fraudulent case will develop. i intend to file my new complaint naming all principals (TMC/EICHNER/BLUEGREEN) with ms james within a few days. i urge other TMC OWNERS to follow suit. this action, in my opinion, does not preclude any of us to seek additional private legal remedies in addition to getting firm legal action from the nysag. she works for new york state, but the results of her court case could, as opposed to schneiderman's "settlement", work very much in TMC owners' favor. if we don't try this approach, we will never know the extent of which new york state could work positively for us TMC owners.

KEVIN'S STATEMENT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST STRAW THAT BECKONS IMMEDIATE FURTHER ACTION. no more awaiting the results of promised, personal, private legal action. we're in the same deplorable financial (and other disdainful) condition that we were left with after the last legal fiasco. we do not appear to have a viable current alternative other than to wait and remain at the mercy of TMC, which is unacceptable

let's get together as a united force and begin immediately to file (re-file) our individual complaints with the NYSAG, letitia james. do it now before your other personal issues take precedence.

chris

kevin631 wrote:
The Manhattan Club is advertising on social media room discounts from 15% to 30%. You also will receive a bottle of wine and a of box of chocolates with your stay. In all the years I have been a owner at the Manhattan Club I have never received anything complementary not even a can of soda.The only thing I was provided with is outrageous fees every year. It will be very interesting to see when the new management company finally takes over what their policies will be. As far as our three nonsponsored board of directors owners they have been a extreme disappointment and I am curious as to how they continue to be reelected.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Feb 22, 2019 06:48 AM

Feb 22, 2019

richard3153 wrote:
We sent both an email and snail mail request to Zimmerman and have not had a reply. Does anyone know what is going on?

Dear Richard3153,

Please send me your full name and email address and I will pass it on to Mr. Zimmerman who will contact you. Mr. Zimmerman will hopefully be providing an update soon. My email address is beckyfitzmaurice@yahoo.com.

Becky F
Feb 22, 2019

Dear Vincent and Nancy,

I am trying to assist Mr. Zimmerman in obtaining information for owners who are interested in joining the suit. Please understand...THIS IS NOT A CLASS ACTION SUIT. Please send me your email address and I will pass it on to Mr. Zimmerman.

vincentj49 wrote:
Our names are Vincent and Nancy Maffatore We are interested in joining the class action suit against the Manhattan Club Please send me the paperwork Coachmaff52@optonline.net

Becky F
Feb 22, 2019

joanm528 wrote:
Why can’t I reach you! joaniemac53@aol.com I am an owner and wish to be include in the class action suit. I have written to both emails specified but it bounces back as undeliverable.

Dear Joanie, I am trying to assist Mr. Zimmerman by sending him names of owners who have been unable to reach him. I will forward your information to him.

Becky F
Feb 22, 2019

richard3153 wrote:
We sent both an email and snail mail request to Zimmerman and have not had a reply. Does anyone know what is going on?

Dear Richard, I do not have an update from Mr. Zimmerman however I'm trying to gather names of those interested in joining the suit. Please send me your full name and email address so I can forward it on to Mr. Zimmerman's staff. My email address is beckyfitzmaurice@yahoo.com. thank you.

Becky F
Feb 22, 2019

A lot of you have spent a lot of time on these posts.

What percentage of owners have stopped paying their fees?

I ask this because the Manhattan time share model is as follows.

When a time share owner does not pay their fees this is what happens. Each owners fees increase. Check your annual Manhattan financial statements. The escrow amount has increased dramatically and the each owners fees keep increasing.

To keep it simple: If all but one owner stopped paying their fees this is what would happen.

One owner would now be responsible for all the fees. The owner would not pay.

The Manhattan club time share would declare bankruptcy.

J D.
Feb 22, 2019

So - I am wondering who gets the rental income - does it go to the Manhattan Club Timeshare Association ( us owners).? Who pays for the chocolatess, the bottle of wine, the advertising to attract these renters? Do we as owners pay for all that?

Gail J.
Feb 22, 2019

johnd2105 wrote:

When a time share owner does not pay their fees this is what happens. Each owners fees increase. Check your annual Manhattan financial statements. The escrow amount has increased dramatically and the each owners fees keep increasing.

To keep it simple: If all but one owner stopped paying their fees this is what would happen.

I’m sorry but This is all a crock of crap! For years Eichner skimmed $6M a year from a phony shell company which he took directly from the owners (AKAthe homeowners association) which put the operating budget into deficit. If there is blame to be had it should be placed squarely on Eichner’s shoulders! NOT on the shoulders of the owners who have stopped paying their fees because they couldn’t get time in “their own timeshare that they shelled out THOUSANDS of dollars for. The fact that the Manhattan Club is now A BOUTIQUE HOTEL (WHICH IS HOW ITS ADVERTISED) and no longer a homeowners association is evidence that the Manhattan Club is not what you thought you bought. So what if the Manhattan Club has to file bankruptcy! If you’ve been paying attention you’d realize your initial outlay is LONG GONE and your “investment” is WORTHLESS! You couldn’t even give it away if you tried. And, you’re paying more every year in maintenance fees than if you stayed at a nice hotel.

Becky F
Feb 23, 2019

hello beckyf and all other RW contributors,

becky's formidable comments here further strengthen the reasons that we can't continue waiting for private legal action (as noted in this forum, but to date, no follow-up presented). see my comments suggesting that we again present/submit our TMC complaints (on the official form) to the new NYSAG, the honorable ms letitia james. she may have the legal power to appeal or put aside schneiderman's final court outcome and start anew with current complaints made directly to her. continuing to play this legal waiting game needs to end. TMC is fast-establishing new management strategies further complicating our distressful financial and other TMC issues. the more tangled the management principals become, vis a vis: TMC/EICHNER/BOARD OF DIRECTORS/BLUEGREEN, really who does what and to whom....... the more we continue to be at their mercy (or lack of mercy). waiting for action to be taken prolongs our financial agony. file your complaints with the new NYSAG, LETITIA JAMES ASASP.

beckyf76 wrote:
johnd2105 wrote:

I’m sorry but This is all a crock of crap! For years Eichner skimmed $6M a year from a phony shell company which he took directly from the owners (AKAthe homeowners association) which put the operating budget into deficit. If there is blame to be had it should be placed squarely on Eichner’s shoulders! NOT on the shoulders of the owners who have stopped paying their fees because they couldn’t get time in “their own timeshare that they shelled out THOUSANDS of dollars for. The fact that the Manhattan Club is now A BOUTIQUE HOTEL (WHICH IS HOW ITS ADVERTISED) and no longer a homeowners association is evidence that the Manhattan Club is not what you thought you bought. So what if the Manhattan Club has to file bankruptcy! If you’ve been paying attention you’d realize your initial outlay is LONG GONE and your “investment” is WORTHLESS! You couldn’t even give it away if you tried. And, you’re paying more every year in maintenance fees than if you stayed at a nice hotel.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Feb 23, 2019 07:34 AM

Feb 23, 2019

I don’t know that this applies to us owners, possibly just to guests of the so called “boutique hotel.” How will we receive “room discounts” from 15-30%? Certainly they don’t intend to refund a portion of our maintenance fees! And I can’t imagine TMC doing us owners any favors like giving us a bottle of wine and chocolates!

Dick H.
Feb 23, 2019

chrisv126 wrote:
hello kevin631and other disenchanted and defrauded TMC owners,

it's time to consider seeking the legal service of the new NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, THE HONORABLE LETITIA JAMES. we have waited enough, expecting the promise of other private legal remedies which have yet to be realized. go to ms james' nysag website. make your individual complaints using the form provided. i believe ms james can use the background information from the former nysag's (schneiderman) proceedings in addition to our complaints to her. the case vs TMC/EICHNER/BLUEGREEN would most likely need to be started anew by ms james, but she would have sufficient background from schneiderman's recorded court history. she would also have TMC's owners' current additional complaints to begin her own court case knowing what a failure the last so-called "settlement" accepted by schneiderman was.

we can wait no longer to create a proactive atmosphere. the longer we wait, the more tangled the TMC management will become, and the more complicated the fraudulent case will develop. i intend to file my new complaint naming all principals (TMC/EICHNER/BLUEGREEN) with ms james within a few days. i urge other TMC OWNERS to follow suit. this action, in my opinion, does not preclude any of us to seek additional private legal remedies in addition to getting firm legal action from the nysag. she works for new york state, but the results of her court case could, as opposed to schneiderman's "settlement", work very much in TMC owners' favor. if we don't try this approach, we will never know the extent of which new york state could work positively for us TMC owners.

KEVIN'S STATEMENT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST STRAW THAT BECKONS IMMEDIATE FURTHER ACTION. no more awaiting the results of promised, personal, private legal action. we're in the same deplorable financial (and other disdainful) condition that we were left with after the last legal fiasco. we do not appear to have a viable current alternative other than to wait and remain at the mercy of TMC, which is unacceptable

let's get together as a united force and begin immediately to file (re-file) our individual complaints with the NYSAG, letitia james. do it now before your other personal issues take precedence.

chris

kevin631 wrote:
The Manhattan Club is advertising on social media room discounts from 15% to 30%. You also will receive a bottle of wine and a of box of chocolates with your stay. In all the years I have been a owner at the Manhattan Club I have never received anything complementary not even a can of soda.The only thing I was provided with is outrageous fees every year. It will be very interesting to see when the new management company finally takes over what their policies will be. As far as our three nonsponsored board of directors owners they have been a extreme disappointment and I am curious as to how they continue to be reelected.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your considerations. My guess that a couple days passed and you have submitted your complaint to the NYAG. Could you please kindly provide the link for other owners to submitting their complaints to the NYAG? Thank you in advance.

Fibo N.
Feb 24, 2019

the website of the NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, THE HONORABLE MS LETITIA JAMES follows:

simply copy and paste it (or click on it if possible) into your address bar.

there will be links on the site directing to COMPLAINT FORMS. simply find the appropriate complaint form, fill it in completely, and click "send" or "submit."

there is no guarantee that ms james will accept the case and begin new court litigtion vs TMC/EICHNER/BLUEGREEN, but it's worth the brief time to complete and submit the complaint form to her. she would probably not consider pursuing this case if only a few of us submit complaints currently. schneiderman had hundreds of complaints from TMC owners. this appears to be the ONLY clear and immediate action available for us to go forward for the possible benefit of all TMC owners. appealing to ms james DOES NOT PRECLUDE RETAINING PRIVATE ATTORNEYS SHOULD YOU DESIRE TO DO SO. ms james works for new york state. however, the outcomes of her litigation could be successful and ultimately benefit TMC owners vs the final results of schneiderman's legal attempts that failed to give us substantial financial or other relief from the admittedly criminally fraudulent actions by TMC against us. in my opinion, the criminality of this fraud was not adequately addressed in court by schneiderman. please file your complaint soon before other personal issues cloud your memory.

https://ag.ny.gov/contact-attorney-general

chris

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Feb 24, 2019 02:56 PM

Feb 24, 2019

Yes, that is correct. No one will ever get their investment back. It is gone. Just like all timeshare programs. You pay $10K to $70. The next day you could not sell it back at that price to the company. You could sell it off market at 10%. If you buy a timeshare you do not want to buy it from the timeshare company.

Since the investment is lost. And it is lost. No one will ever get their investment back. The goal is to stop paying monthly fees. Paying fees is through good money after really bad money / investment. Think of it like you owned Enron stock. It tanked and then you kept buying it as the company folded. Not wise.

J D.
Feb 26, 2019

Hi everyone, does anyone know how long will this wait list will take? And in the meantime do you have to keep on paying the fees?

Sue C.
Feb 26, 2019

I am part of the Zimmerman litigation and am sending some additional information to him. The address I have is : Zimmerman Law Group, 233 Watchung Frk, Westfield, New Jersey 07090-3813.

Gail J.
Feb 26, 2019

chrisv126 wrote:
the website of the NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, THE HONORABLE MS LETITIA JAMES follows:

there will be links on the site directing to COMPLAINT FORMS. simply find the appropriate complaint form, fill it in completely, and click "send" or "submit."

there is no guarantee that ms james will accept the case and begin new court litigtion vs TMC/EICHNER/BLUEGREEN, but it's worth the brief time to complete and submit the complaint form to her. she would probably not consider pursuing this case if only a few of us submit complaints currently. schneiderman had hundreds of complaints from TMC owners. this appears to be the ONLY clear and immediate action available for us to go forward for the possible benefit of all TMC owners. appealing to ms james DOES NOT PRECLUDE RETAINING PRIVATE ATTORNEYS SHOULD YOU DESIRE TO DO SO. ms james works for new york state. however, the outcomes of her litigation could be successful and ultimately benefit TMC owners vs the final results of schneiderman's legal attempts that failed to give us substantial financial or other relief from the admittedly criminally fraudulent actions by TMC against us. in my opinion, the criminality of this fraud was not adequately addressed in court by schneiderman. please file your complaint soon before other personal issues cloud your memory.

chris

Hi Chris, I am confused or missing something. There are several application at the NYAG website being offered to the public to submit a complaint. Pls share which complaint' form you have used and pls share your complaint letter, that's would be helpful to restore the owners' memories and understanding on how the complaint should be filed.

Fibo N.
Feb 27, 2019

hi, i'm here to help: follow these directions to file yourTMC COMPLAINT with the new york state attorney general, the honorable ms letitia james.

ms james' website:

type or copy/paste the nysag web address. get on the general page. scroll down to "review our complaint forms." below that click on "use this complaint form." this takes you to "questions and comments to ag letitia james". click on "click here to file a consumer complaint." you will see "welcome to the office of ag.........." now, click on "consumer frauds bureau online complaint form". in the red rectangle box on the right, click on the drop-down arrow and select "consumer frauds nyc" then scroll down a bit and click "next". you're now at the actual complaint form. FILL IT OUT ACCURATELY AND COMPLETELY. LIST A L L OF YOUR TMC COMPLAINTS IN DETAIL.....................THEN SUBMIT IT.

KEEP IN MIND THAT SENDING YOUR TMC COMPLAINT TO THE NYSAG IN NO WAY PRELUDES YOUR RETAINING A PRIVATE ATTORNEY TO REPRESENT YOU IN COURT AGAINST TMC/EICHER/BLUEGREEN!

PLEASE ENCOURAGE OTHER OWNERS THAT YOU MAY KNOW OF TO FILE A NYSAG COMPLAINT ASAP.

if you require further assistance, contact me at redweek as needed.

thanks for your interest in attempting to further combat the fraud heaped upon us all by TMC/EICHNER (AND PERHAPS BLUEGREEN)

chris

fibon wrote:
chrisv126 wrote:

chris

Hi Chris, I am confused or missing something. There are several application at the NYAG website being offered to the public to submit a complaint. Pls share which complaint' form you have used and pls share your complaint letter, that's would be helpful to restore the owners' memories and understanding on how the complaint should be filed.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Feb 28, 2019 07:30 PM

Mar 01, 2019

I have just received an update from the Zimmerman Law Firm and I am very impressed with the progress they continue to make. I would strongly urge everyone not already a member of this group to consider joining. It appears that Mr. Zimmerman is diligently working on obtaining the list of owners and is committed to representing our group to the best of his ability. He has other hearings before the court scheduled.

Gail J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.