Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Do not trust that Redweek will sort out payment problems!

Jan 30, 2018

We rented our timeshare, great first step, but cannot seem to get payment out of REDWEEK. They are ONLY available through email and it has taken 2 weeks of very slow back and forth emailing to get NOWHERE. Still have not been paid for renting out our timeshare. they seem to think it is our fault! Maybe legal action is what it will take for this "company" to actually contact us properly and sort this problem. Banks contact you by phone, credit card companies contact you by phone, why can't Redweek??

Al S.
Jan 30, 2018

als173 wrote:
We rented our timeshare, great first step, but cannot seem to get payment out of REDWEEK. They are ONLY available through email and it has taken 2 weeks of very slow back and forth emailing to get NOWHERE. Still have not been paid for renting out our timeshare. they seem to think it is our fault! Maybe legal action is what it will take for this "company" to actually contact us properly and sort this problem. Banks contact you by phone, credit card companies contact you by phone, why can't Redweek??

I don't work for (or in any way represent) RedWeek, but I will nonetheless point out that RedWeek is primarily an Internet based entity, not a "brick and mortar" business establishment or a real estate office. Internet / email communication is in fact their primary mode of communication and in my experience generally works quite well.

What exactly is the nature of your issue / dissatisfaction? Did you have a "full service" rental listing and agreement and the rental is now completed? Was there escrow of the rental funds? If there WAS escrow of funds, then consider that there is also a third party entity involved (First American Title, if I'm not mistaken) and two weeks is not an outrageous period of time for release of escrowed funds. That said, post-rental payment delay is precisely why, as a timeshare owner, I never agree to using "escrow" on those infrequent occasions when I conduct a timeshare rental.

Is there some other issue or some other circumstances you have not mentioned? Frankly, you have not really provided enough information or detail for us to fully comprehend the nature (or validity) of your dissatisfaction. Threats of "legal action" would seem to be unwarranted and a bit premature right now (not to mention that any such "legal action" might very well cost you as much (or more) money than the sum you are apparently awaiting).

Patience, grasshopper...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 31, 2018 06:17 AM

Jan 31, 2018

Hello Al, This is Lorna, The Full Service Manager for RedWeek.com. I've personally been in touch with you regarding this issue. My sincere apologies for the delayed you have experienced. As previously stated, your funds cleared our account on 1/17 (within 2 business days AFTER the check-in date). You opted for direct deposit and your funds were to be deposited on or before 1/22. When you contacted us about he delay, we got our vendor, checkbook.io involved. Checkbook.io confirmed the funds were paid and they re-confirmed your account and routing numbers were correct. I want to assure you, no one at RedWeek or Checkbook.io is implying that this is your fault or possibly trying to fraud our company. We are trying to get to the bottom of this and most importantly, for you to receive your funds as quickly as possible. Checkbook.io is currently awaiting for a trace number from their bank to provide to your bank. Per their email from last night, it can take at least 2 days. As it stands, Per Checkbook.io -the account information is correct, funds have been transferred so Checkbook.io will contact your bank as soon as they have the trace number. Again, our sincere apologies for all the trouble.

Lorna Q.
RedWeek.com
Apr 18, 2020

Hi Lorna,

We have heard nothing for weeks now, and have attempted through both phone messages and emails. No response. I sent this last email on 4/6 and asked for a 10 day reply. Nothing . . .

__________________________________________________ DATE: 4/6/20 RE: NOTICE OF LACK OF RENTAL PAYMENT RECEIVED TO: REDWEEK CUSTOMER SUPPORT

We have not received the rental payments that were due for March 21st two (2) Rental Properties that were under Full Service Contract with Redweek and had Renters Accepted in the contract. The properties were available for occupancy and were in excellent condition. Resorts were open during the weeks rented.

We had our attorney look over our contract with Redweek, and the Rental Fees for both the Barony Beach Rental (B05-2792-4295 FS R841578) and the Desert Springs Villas II Rental (B11-5214-7127 FS R841926) are going on a month past due.

This serves as Notice of Payment Past Due.

A reply within 10 business days is expected (4/17/10), as we have sent prior communication regarding our expectations and have been attempting to receive closure on our 2 contracts with Redweek since March 25th.

Signed, Elizabeth & Lawrence

Elizabeth Flanagan-Nummerdor Lawrence Nummerdor (608) 335-6424 iryshone@gmail.com

irysh

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.