Report Abuse

Re: Gold Crown status

[Q=schultzie6] As a broker & timeshare owner I too am baffled by RCI's resistance to upgrade Powhatan Plantation. However, let's reivew some interesting facts. RCI is now owned by Cendant Corp (publically traded), Cendant Corp also now owns Fairfield Resorts. So let's do some math ... there are 3 Fairfield Resorts in Williamsburg, of course Cendant wants to offer preferential treatment to it's sister corporation's resorts. RCI will most likely never reinstate Powhatan's Gold Crown status ... why? Too many Gold Crown resorts concentrated among a handful of regional resorts in Williamsburg. My company owns (7) 4 bedroom, summer lock-outs @ Powhatan & (4) 4 bedroom, summer lock-outs @ Greensprings. My clients have given high reviews on Powhatan; in fact most prefer Powhatan because of the amount of amenities. My personal opinion ... Williamsburg is becoming increasingly popular (I get more requests for Williamsburg than Disney). Most of my Sunterra summer rentals are sold out by March or April and I have to seek out private owners with availability to fill my client requests. An interesting side note -- many of our clients will not stay at Fairfield Kingsgate due to, what has been described to me as a rowdy clientle. JMHO[/Q] Hi, what is the best way to go about renting a Xmas week (51C/D) at Powhatan, since you have experience with this?