Report Abuse

The short walk to the beach is very nice and pleasant. If you are in good health and pack light, it is very feasible. I am an owner for 20 years. My kids grew up going here every year and we created many fond memories at this resort and the area. Over these years, I took this walk down to the beach many times with my kids, friends, ex-wife (when we were married), friends, relatives, girl friends, etc... 🙂 If you stay at this resort, walking down to the beach is a must do. From the resort, you will walk through the resort... then downhill along Newport Coast Blvd for about 2-3 minutes... cross over one street light intersection.... You will then end up in the California State Park with many flat, paved trails including some downhill trails to the beach (follow signs that say "Beach Access"). The State beach is wide open with plenty of room for your perfect spot and has life guards during the summer. If you have the energy, walk to Crystal Cove beach, have a drink at Beachcomber, and devour some burgers and fries at the Shake Shack... and walk back. Remember, if you walk downhill, be ready to walk back up!!! Enjoy!