Report Abuse

Re: Get the Resale Scammers on T.V.

[Q=anthonys106] I was just checking to see if TimeshareMLS was a legit company. A telemarketer, Chet, called me to rent my timeshare in Orlando out. He said I could get $2,500 minimum and as much as $4500 during week of Christmas. He wanted $895 up front, which was a one-time registration fee for the life of my timeshare. I could rent it again and again anytime for no additional charge. He also guaranteed that it would be rented within 90 days. Is there a complaint with this company in the Better Business Bureau?[/Q] The BBB website is bbb.org, you can click on Business under the Check It Out box in the upper left hand corner and type in CHL Marketing, Inc. in the company box and Orlando in the city and then select any of the 4 reports that appear. All 4 contain the same information. CHL Marketing, Inc. is the parent company for timesharemls.org. You'll notice on the reports returned by the BBB website that CHL Marketing and timesharemls.org share the same address, 7121 Grand National Drive, Ste 106 so this will show you they are the same company. If you just search timesharemls.org on the BBB site you will not get any results so don't let that foul you. Keep in mind that over all only a few consumers actually scammed by any company will file a report to the BBB. So when you see filed complaints for any company that operates in a highly questionable industry such as advance fee timeshare resales you are only getting a small sampling of how a particular business operates. Beyond the BBB all you have to do is read this forum to get all the warnings and scam stories about advance fee resale companies. There is absolutely no incentive for these advance fee companies to sell or rent your timeshare once they have your money.