Report Abuse

Re: Get the Resale Scammers on T.V.

[Q=anthonys106] I was just checking to see if TimeshareMLS was a legit company. A telemarketer, Chet, called me to rent my timeshare in Orlando out. He said I could get $2,500 minimum and as much as $4500 during week of Christmas. He wanted $895 up front, which was a one-time registration fee for the life of my timeshare. I could rent it again and again anytime for no additional charge. He also guaranteed that it would be rented within 90 days. Is there a complaint with this company in the Better Business Bureau?[/Q] If you read the "Advance Fee Timeshare Company Training Material" thread this will show you info taken right from the Timesharemls.org training manual. They know they don't have a good BBB report so they have a BBB Rebuttal to deal with this. Call Chet back and ask him about the CHL Marketing/Timesharemls.org BBB report and see how close he follows this rebuttal....................... Better Business Bureau Rebuttal We are currently disputing the BBB report through our legal department. They did mention that we are disputing the report on their recording, didn’t they? They didn’t? (Act Surprised). Well I’m really glad you called the BBB because we need to know that. I’ll have to immediately alert our legal department on that. Thanks for the heads up) Clients Name). Believe me _________, we are not the only company that has had problems with the BBB’s unfair reporting practices. We used to be members. However, in 1997 when the Orlando BBB was issued a federal indictment for extortionary business practices, we withdrew our membership, they haven’t been too accommodating, to say the least. You see the BBB membership charges the member merchant by the number of employees. We are a large company with many employees so we save thousands of dollars annually by not being a member. (And that money goes into the advertisements of your property) The BBB lose thousands of dollars annually. But I’m sure you can appreciate that everything has its. Price. So I would strongly urge you to take with a grain of salt, a report that essentially has no basis in fact. In the few instances where we have had a minor complaint, we have addressed and resolved it immediately! And on the rare occasion when it does happen, it’s usually due to a seller who has an unrealistic idea of what their timeshare is worth. You see, as a “For Sale By Owner” Company, we can only suggest to the seller what they should be asking for their unit. We suggest prices that are less than what the resort is selling them for so the buyer can realize a savings. We cannot dictate to the seller what to ask for the unit and we cannot refuse to market their unit if they are a paying customer _______ there are enough obstacles you have to overcome in order to sell/rent your unit; so don’t let a “sour Grapes” BBB report become another one. Now which credit card are we using today?