Report Abuse

Re: Villa Del Arco

I am sitting on the veranda overlooking the Sea of Cortez at Villa del Arco as I write. This is our second trip back to del Arco. We started as floating week time share owners at Villa del Palmar and just finished upgrading to week 11 in a two-bedroom penthouse here. We find Villa del Arco to rate as one of the finest hotels in which we've stayed; the amenities, service and access to activities and good food are unparalleled. Many folks are complaining about the arrival of the cruise ships but we find good always comes with a little bad. The number of new activities here including America's Cup Yacht races on two recently retired New Zealand yachts (at Cabo Dolphins), a new wine and cheese sunset cruise and snuba are only possible because visitor traffic is up so much. Back to del Arco. The grounds are meticulously maintained and the service crew extremely friendly and helpful. I think it helps to be at a timeshare hotel in that the crew and staff view everyone as a potential high margin customer at all times. Last thought...with the beach just out the back door at all three Villa group properties, you can either lounge on the beach, at the three pools, or hop a water taxi to go parasailing. I love this place.