Report Abuse

Re: Bad Experience with RCI

[Q=patsyd3] [Q=lanitap] I agree with Mike, when I make a trade I do it 1 to 2 years in advance and am not picky. I usually ask for several locations (i.e. for next Christmas I asked for VT,Canada,MA,Wisconsin Dells,VA,PA) and usually always search with 3 or more locations and a wide range of dates. I got Hawaii this year while calling and checking on an ongoing search and said "Do you have any unit in Hawaii anytime in the next 2 years?" I got lucky and secured a week in August of this year. Oh, I am also using a studio, blue week for all of my searches. I do have friends that have complained and when I tell them to do it this way they are usually rather successful. Before my friend would ask for a specific place and specific resorts and search within 3 - 6 months from travel dates.[/Q] I banked a week last year and requested Maui for July 1 to Aug. 31 2008. I have had no response from RCI. I tried to see what I could find by trying to scearch more local areas for the balance of the year. I kept getting messages that I could only search specific dates since I wanted to be a flexible as posible I was truing a wide range. I finally gave up and e-mailed RCI, they tell me I can only scearch in 10 week travel date. This is NUTs, so I guess the only way to find something furture out is to call them. The problem I have is I want to compare and see what is available etc. They have improved their "rental" program and you can search it but their exchange is very limited. I agree the $$$$ for them is in rental. This is the first time I banked a week and probably my last with RCI. The problem I see with RedWeek is no one really banks they are all provisional, so how can we find anything if no one is brave enough to just list it as an exchange? Any ideas? Also their book is so out of date you have to sit on the computer just to see what is in their inventory but you have no idea of availability.[/Q] ========== The 10 week window is how far RCI will search from the desired checkin date. It's a bit tedious, but the only way you can search further into the future is by constantly changing your checkin date by 2 months (or 10 weeks) There are a few RedWeek exchanges for Hawaii, but I don't know if any of them are in Maui. Also at 2000+ points, you might have to shell out some extra case anyway.