Report Abuse

Re: WE HAVE BEEN DUPED!

Eddie's initial post that Bill Burns might have been just a tool for scam artists is indicative of the frustration we all experience when a larger centralized powerful entity has the upper hand over less coordinated, less individually powerful people. This is true accross many platforms, not just timeshares. I don't think Bill was a tool, I think he got worn out. I'm worried as to why his website now forwards to DRI but during the time he was with us I feel he worked in our interests very actively. In regard to collecting contact information, this post has a lot of people sharing e-mail addresses, proxy issues, and suggested names for voting. http://www.redweek.com/forums/messages?thread_id=11211;page=1;query= In response to sherg2 's question about how many owners are deeded (or points based), I read an e-mail from Bill about a year ago where he felt 70% of the KBC owners were deeded. Since he was on the Board at the time, I'd like to believe that info was fairly accurate. Given my experience with the weeks reservations and points reservation for KBC, I feel strongly there is a much higher quantity of weeks inventory than Club inventory. And due to DRI (as well as Sunterra) policy where units sold on the resale market which are in Club will no longer be in Club I firmly believe a very high (I speculate in the 95-99%) number of resold deeded contracts leave Club and either never return or do not rejoin Club for a long time, if ever. I especially believe this since DRI has made it more expensive to get back into Club. It's my opinion that one critical factor in helping DRI sell more units is to support the resale value of units. But actions like losing Club upon resale, significant increases in maintenance, and steps to make it more expensive to get a resale unit back into Club not only contribute to the damage to resale value, but in my opinion contribute significantly to the decline in direct sale prices since the difference in price between direct and resale are growing larger.