Report Abuse

Re: Westgate Change in Policy - Is it Legal?

Hi Folks, I ran into the same issue saturday 4-27-2013 when i called westgate to book my week. Now I understand I have to pay the $150 fee to change my week but $450??? I was enraged and then told they always had this rule but was never enforced (lie). So today, i decide to go to the westgate owners site and book it thru "reservation request". I do that and at the bottom after you put in your credit card info and check availability for my dates, you see a hyperlink that says "user agreement". Need less to say, in this agreement it specifically states that if you reserve a week online, you pay $140. If you reserve it via a representative you pay $150. I will wait til tomorrow to see if my reservation request gets granted and see if they charged me $140 or the $450. If it's the $140, fine, if the $450 I will call my credit card and cancel that charge and then call them up as I printed out the "user agreement" today on 4-29-2013 that states what charges I agreed to pay when I made my request!! See the user agreement I printed from westgate below, printed today on 4-29-2013! Terms and Conditions for OAM Rental Reservation Deposit Policy A standard one-night deposit with a credit card is obtained to guarantee a reservation. The standard deposit is calculated based upon one-night's room rate plus applicable taxes. Full and final payment is due upon arrival. Rental Reservation Cancellation Policy Cancellations, unless otherwise stated, must be made 72-hours prior to arrival by 4pm hotel time in order to avoid a one-night's room rate, resort fee, and applicable taxes penalty payment. Deposits are refundable, if you cancel within your cancellation window. If No Show occurs, you will be charged for one night's room rate plus applicable taxes. Reservations are not transferable, and reservation name changes are not permitted. Developer Exchange Fee Deposit Policy The Developer Exchange Fee of $140 online or $150 with a customer service team member is required at the time of booking. Some exchanges also require an additional seasonal upgrade fee. The fee(s) are due at the time of booking. Fixed and Float Week Owners also pay a Developer Exchange Fee, when using a deposited week. Developer Exchange Fee Cancellation Policy If you are a Fixed Week Owner, any travel date cancellation or change, after the reservation has been confirmed, will result in a Developer Exchange Fee of $140 online or $150 with a customer service team member. If you are a Float Week Owner, the first cancellation or change outside of 60 days of arrival will not result in a fee. After the first cancellation or change outside of 60 days of arrival, any other cancellations or changes outside of 60 days and any travel date cancellation or change within 60 days of arrival will result in a Re-booking Fee of $140 online or $150 with a customer service team member. Bonus Week Deposit Policy In order use the Bonus Week, a fee of $499.00 inclusive of all applicable fees and taxes shall be collected at the time of booking and confirmation of the reservation. Bonus Week Cancellation Policy Advance deposits are refunded provided your Bonus Week reservation is canceled at least 14 days prior to the scheduled reservation. Failure to arrive on the scheduled date may be subject to a cancellation fee. Any new reservation shall be subject to a $150.00 rebooking fee which shall be payable at the time of the new reservation. Bonus Week Certificate cannot be renewed, extended, modified, or transferred. Lock-Off Fee Deposit Policy The Lock-Off Fee of $140 online or $150 with a customer service team member is required at the time of booking. Lock-Off Fee Cancellation Policy If you are a Fixed Week Owner, any travel date cancellation or change, after the reservation has been confirmed, will result in a Developer Exchange Fee of $140 online or $150 with a customer service team member. If you are a Float Week Owner, the first cancellation or change outside of 60 days of arrival will not result in a fee. After the first cancellation or change outside of 60 days of arrival, any other cancellations or changes outside of 60 days and any travel date cancellation or change within 60 days of arrival will result in a Re-booking Fee of $140 online or $150 with a customer service team member. Re-booking Fee Deposit Policy The Re-booking Fee of $140 online or $150 with a customer service team member is required at the time of booking. Re-booking Fee Cancellation Policy If you are a Fixed Week Owner, any travel date cancellation or change, after the reservation has been confirmed, will result in a Developer Exchange Fee of $140 online or $150 with a customer service team member. If you are a Float Week Owner, the first cancellation or change outside of 60 days of arrival will not result in a fee. After the first cancellation or change outside of 60 days of arrival, any other cancellations or changes outside of 60 days and any travel date cancellation or change within 60 days of arrival will result in a Re-booking Fee of $140 online or $150 with a customer service team member. Split Week Fee Deposit Policy The Split Week Fee of $70 online or $80 with a customer service team member is due at the time of booking the second reservation. This benefit applies to Float Owners only. Unfortunately, Fixed Week Ownership type does not allow split weeks. Split Week Fee Cancellation Policy If you are a Fixed Week Owner, any travel date cancellation or change, after the reservation has been confirmed, will result in a Developer Exchange Fee of $140 online or $150 with a customer service team member. If you are a Float Week Owner, the first cancellation or change outside of 60 days of arrival will not result in a fee. After the first cancellation or change outside of 60 days of arrival, any other cancellations or changes outside of 60 days and any travel date cancellation or change within 60 days of arrival will result in a Re-booking Fee of $140 online or $150 with a customer service team member. Supplemental Week Deposit Policy In order to use the Supplemental Week, a usage fee equal to the prevailing yearÂ’s maintenance fee and property taxes shall be collected at the time of booking and confirmation of the reservation. Supplemental Week Cancellation Policy The Supplemental Week is refundable and transferable. Travel Insurance Cancellation Policy The protection plan is fully refundable within 10 days of purchase, provided the traveler has not traveled or filed a claim.