Report Abuse - 75079

Re: Royal HOliday is a scam class action against Wyndham

Wyndham Resorts / Worldmark Class Action Lawsuit The terms and conditions of the proposed Settlement are set forth in the parties’ Settlement Agreement and Release, which has been filed with the Court. On August 5, the court approved the settlement, which will lower credit values at certain resorts, cancel certain Vacation Credits held by Wyndham as unsold developer credits, remove underutilized units from the WorldMark system, and make other changes to the WorldMark time-share plan that may require consent of the WorldMark Board and approval from various regulatory authorities. Wyndham has notified regulatory authorities of the settlement, and will periodically report to Class Counsel regarding the status of efforts to obtain regulatory approval. If you would like more information, please read the Frequently Asked Questions below. If you have additional questions which are not answered below you may contact Plaintiffs’ counsel by sending an email to Worldmark Class Action Attorney or by calling us toll-free at 866-981-4800. Questions about the Worldmark Class Action Settlement? If you would like more information, please read the Frequently Asked Questions below. If you have additional questions which are not answered below you may contact Plaintiffs’ counsel by sending an email to Worldmark Class Action Attorney or by calling us toll-free at 866-981-4800. Wyndham Resorts and WorldMark Class Action Frequently Asked Questions 1. Why did I receive a Notice of Pendency of Class Action Settlement? 2. What is the lawsuit and settlement about? 3. How does the settlement benefit WorldMark members? 4. Who represents the class? 5. How can I tell the Court what I think about the settlement? 6. How can I exclude myself from the class? 7. When and where will the Court hold a hearing on the fairness of the settlement? 8. Do I have to attend the fairness hearing? Can I speak at the fairness hearing? 9. What happens if I do nothing at all? 10. Where can I get more information? 1. Why did I receive a Notice of Pendency of Class Action Settlement? The Notice was sent to you because you are a WorldMark member. The Notice is to inform you that there has been an agreement to settle a lawsuit. The proposed settlement described in the Notice provides certain benefits that will be made available to WorldMark members if the settlement receives court approval. The Notice also contains important information about your options and legal rights. 2. What is the lawsuit and settlement about? This is a class action lawsuit filed in federal court in San Francisco, California. The Plaintiffs in the lawsuit are five WorldMark members, who filed suit on behalf of the WorldMark membership. Plaintiffs argued, among other things, that Wyndham was violating the WorldMark Governing Documents with respect to: the pricing of certain new resorts; the implementation of the FunTime portion of the Wyndham TravelShare program and its impact on WorldMark's "first-come, first-served" reservation system; the number of weeks of usage that Wyndham was selling at each new resort; and Wyndham's use of the WorldMark resort properties for its own marketing and sales purposes. The lawsuit was first filed in April 2007. In 2010, after more than three years of litigation, the parties agreed to resolve the litigation before trial with a proposed settlement. Wyndham has denied all allegations of wrongdoing. Wyndham has agreed to settle the lawsuit to avoid the cost, delay and risk of continued litigation. Plaintiffs have agreed to the settlement given the benefits it will provide to WorldMark and WorldMark members, as weighed against the cost, delay and risk of continued litigation. 3. How does the settlement benefit WorldMark members?