Report Abuse

Credit card disputes...

[Q=garnetg2] Finally after all the lies we requested a charge back in the summer. The credit card company said that even though it was after the regular time to get our money back they would try as this was an on going service that we did not receive not a one time item that we did not receive. We waited and SHC appealed it and the credit card company replied to them on that. SHC was given more time to defend their stand and they did not. I spoke to my credit card company today and I am getting my money back. You may be able to get yours back if you credit card company has the same view of the transaction. SHC appears not to fight as they know they cant win. Hope this helps some of you out. It is too bad that people do this to us. We asked all the questions and they had all the right answers but it was all a lie.[/Q] I am happy for your reported success, but the fact is that MOST credit card issuers will not entertain charge disputes after a limited and specific period of time (usually 45-60 days, maximum, after the transaction). Unfortunately, it usually takes longer than that before the bamboozled "customer" in a timeshare scam even fully realizes that they've been scammed. In any event, good on 'ya for YOUR reported success!