Report Abuse

Anyone who has experience with Sapphire Holiday Collection weeks ?

I fell for this last year (Dec. 2016) while on vacation in Mexico. I was sold on the idea of lower airfare. But when I went to use the airfare points in late January I was told this part of the contract had a 6 month waiting period. That is when the first red flag went off. I had charged the Sapphire purchase on a Bank of America credit card (I am a long time member) and I immediately called them and said I feared I was being scammed. They said I had to wait the 6 months to see if this was legit or not. But they stared a file so that I might be covered as I started the file within 30 days of the purchase. I kept very detailed records of all correspondence with Sapphire and the airline agency, Asevig (who was rude and unprofessional, down in Panama). I also kept in touch with BOA so that my report stayed active. I did not use any feature of Sapphire, though they encouraged me to as I was only interested in the airfare and I wanted my money back. When the 6 months was up and they (Asevig) was still stringing me along, I filed a 35 page report with BOA and they did refund my money. It is sad that these types of scams continue and take advantage of innocent people.